• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to use my suboxone wisely

5starpacheco

Greenlighter
Hey guys,
I finally got my hands on 4 8mg suboxone strips. I started getting into the 30 mg roxis again. I want to take this chance to detox and free myself from addiction. So my question is how much should I dose and how many times a day? Also how many days should I detox with these suboxones.

There are plenty of threads addressing this.

How long was your habit, and were you exclusively using roxies or was there anything else?

As for advice, the biggest thing is to WAIT. Wait until you are in utter withdrawal (don't go by any timetables).
Also, start small. You may find 2mg holds you.

Best roa is to just go sublingual or plug it.

Little goes a long way, just wait (as mentioned) until you are legitimately jonesing before taking it.

There are plenty of threads addressing this.

How long was your habit, and were you exclusively using roxies or was there anything else?

As for advice, the biggest thing is to WAIT. Wait until you are in utter withdrawal (don't go by any timetables).
Also, start small. You may find 2mg holds you.

Best roa is to just go sublingual or plug it.

I was only using roxis 30 mg 4 of them a day. I would snort three at once then save the fourth one for nightime. Ok so I will try 2 mg . I haven't had suboxone in a while so I don't know how my tolerance is for it. I figured I have a high tolerance so I would need a whole strip. Now that I read you people's feedback I will just do a quarter of the strip and see how it goes. How long does a sub last before having to take another one?

Hey guys,
I finally got my hands on 4 8mg suboxone strips. I started getting into the 30 mg roxis again. I want to take this chance to detox and free myself from addiction. So my question is how much should I dose and how many times a day? Also how many days should I detox with these suboxones.

2mg should hold you. I don't really see any need to go above 4mg. Wait until you feel opiate withdrawal sick (hot/cold flushes, painful gut aches, mood swings etc) then even a small amount (like 2mg) will provide sweet sweet relief.

The bioavailability of buprenorphine when taken in the sub-lingual fashion is quite low, annoyingly (about 30 percent...) naturally there is another way to take it which will guarantee 100% bioavailability BUT I DON'T RECOMMEND IV USE IT IS FRAUGHT WITH PROBLEMS.

Having put that disclaimer on there you're an adult and can make up your own mind. Also, the titration dosage used in detox facilities is something like 8mg,6mg 6mg 4mg 4mg 2mg 2mg finish. As far as i can recall. Obviously it differs from place to place and doctor to doctor.

Good luck buddy! :)

I was only using roxis 30 mg 4 of them a day. I would snort three at once then save the fourth one for nightime. Ok so I will try 2 mg . I haven't had suboxone in a while so I don't know how my tolerance is for it. I figured I have a high tolerance so I would need a whole strip. Now that I read you people's feedback I will just do a quarter of the strip and see how it goes. How long does a sub last before having to take another one?

Yeah definitely wait until you're in deep withdrawal. That way you won't plunge into precipitated acute withdrawal.

I find an effective bupe dose holds me for at least an entire day. As a reference point, when I was still opioid naive, I took 2mg buprenorphine and was high for a whole day. 4mg made me high for 48 hours straight.

You probably won't feel the high at this stage but it should hold you for at least a day. It has an elimination half-life of 36+ hours (very long lasting).

addiction will never go away. You can only put it in remission. If you want to put your addiction into remission you are going to need to do some sort of recovery plan. I would suggest checking out IOP or going to a few meetings a week till you get the hang of not using.

When it comes to bupe, I have to parrot what others have said and say a little goes a long way. Also, the faster you taper down, the better the withdrawals will be.

When you get to the end or your taper you might want to start skipping days in the interims.

addiction will never go away. You can only put it in remission.

MBC, I usually find myself in full agreement with anything you say, but I gotta say I disagree with the "permanent addiction"/"recovery for life" model of addiction. It seems to be closely associated with the "disease model of addiction" which I also profoundly disagree with.

This is neither time nor place to debate the subject but I know you're an individual of depth so I thought I'd just mention it.

I wouldn't personally suggest jumping at 2mg. Even in mcg. ranges Bupe is a serious drug to WD from. I would do as short a taper as possible and go as low as possible before jumping. I would do something like 2-2-1-1-1/2-1/2-1/4-1/4-1/8-1/8-skip day1/8-jump. Just my 2cents but I've tried it a few times and of all the different tapers I've done, this was the least painful. I added Lope at the end for the last 5 days, starting at 20mg., then tapered from there. Wasn't bad at all.

Last edited: