• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to make oxycodone more stimulating ?

Messing around with different routes of administration and whatnot may change how rapidly the drug hits and how effective it is, but it won't change the nature of the high. If you want a more stimulating experience, you have two options as I see it: ttake a stimulant of some sort with your opioid*, or (if applicable) reduce the dose of any sedating potentiator meds you may be taking. i.e., if you ordinarily take promethazine or diphenhydramine with your oxy, reduce the dose or avoid it entirely.

*this is the same idea behind e.g. dimenhydrinate (Gravol/Dramamine) - it's a combination of diphenhydramine and 8-chlorotheophylline (a caffeine analog), so the strong sedative nature of diphenhydramine is counteracted somewhat

Uh, what? Did you forget your stomach produces acid (much stronger acid than coffee, too)?

Caffeine and caffeine-containing beverages are a good combination with opioids. Actually, caffeine is a super common cutting/bulking agent for heroin and/or fentanyl in my neck of the woods - it's water soluble but also is volatile enough to vaporize.

Got a reference for that? I was under the impression plugging produced higher peak plasma levels and a faster peak, but slightly lower overall BA. Certainly when I was taking oxycodone, plugging didn't seem too much worse off than oral use.

Well plugging had its advantages , yet the average user would not want the delayed onset and peak.

It was years ago when I was modding, it is posted somewhere around here, and one for oxymorphone, which has the same problems. (Although oxymorphone has a long onset rectally)

Anyway Iwill try to find at least one or the other, Sekio. I know your a smart guy so defer to your experience, I am just telling you what case studies said

Many opioids are delayed intrarectally, some exceptions to this are oddly, Morphine, H(Diamorphine) and Methadone is only a tad slower iirc though the overall BA% drops like 7%, it is still a viable option though no real advantage over just swallowing it, which is best with Methadone unless you have good veins and need almost immediate pain relief

I also have to disagree that ROA does not change the nature of the high; Inseallow Oxycodone, it is relaxing, yetbif I snort or shoot it, the rapid onset makes it much more stimulating. It is the same with Morphine

I totally agree though, cut the antihistamines, or take a small dose of Dramamine (dipgenhydrinate ad a stun I cannot remember)

Adderall is a good stim to add to nake the Oxycodone more stimulating without overwhelming you

Hope this helps

And Inwill go on the hunt to repost that citation

Even though oxymorphone is only a minor metabolite of oxycodone and is less a factor than many seem to think (~15% or less via oral ROA) with regards to oxycodone's central effects, a CYP2D6 enzyme inhibitor like cimetidine will decrease the amount of oxycodone and noroxycodone converted to oxymorphone and noroxymorphone, respectively, as well as increase the concentration of the former two by inhibiting metabolization. Oxymorphone is generally thought to be some or most of the reason behind the latent sedation associated with oxycodone.

Drop some LSD, it'll definitely keep you awake.

LSD smashes through opioid and alcohol drowsiness.

(Don't actually do this. It could be dangerous tripping and doing auto work)

I get generic roxies are you sure BA isn’t in high 80? So for example I take oxycodone it usually has less then advertised and I’m only getting 70-80 percent cause I do feel like i metabolize well otherwise I couldn’t still be drowsy off a 15 3 months later. So your saying with tums it won’t be dangerous to take right? I just want something to make it a little more stimulating currently just quitting it. I got klonopin and weed so I’m fine.

No, BA% is roughly 50% by ANY route, unless you inject (~80% in the muscle, near enough 100% IV)

Several studies confirm this

And @sekio I did not find the original paper stating Oxycodone had delayed onset and extended peak with intrarectal administration, someone else did.

I did find the paper saying oxymorphone has a 12 hour duration with rectal and lower peak plasma levels and delayed onset, however you now must f>€£ing purchase the article (that was the right word) however if you Google Oxymorphone rectal delayed onset the 5th or so result shall have a couple of sentences confirming the delayed onset

So that is the best I can do for now. If there is a way to search through MY posts only, you will find the Oxycodone article

😐 Sorry though I assure you that is how Oxycodone works rectal. Intranasal, on the other hand peaks in ~25 minutes and provides slightly higher peak plasma concentrations than PO administration, so it is an underutilized ROA

HOPE that helps 😎

Even though oxymorphone is only a minor metabolite of oxycodone and is less a factor than many seem to think (~15% or less via oral ROA) with regards to oxycodone's central effects, a CYP2D6 enzyme inhibitor like cimetidine will decrease the amount of oxycodone and noroxycodone converted to oxymorphone and noroxymorphone, respectively, as well as increase the concentration of the former two by inhibiting metabolization. Oxymorphone is generally thought to be some or most of the reason behind the latent sedation associated with oxycodone.

No, NO, I am sorry, however oxymorphone concentrations are much less than 15%, and it plays no significant role in Oxycodones effects. That is why IV is so damn 😊 good.

Inhibitors definitely help Oxycodone , believe me, I have been out of my mind on Methadone, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone with cimetidine and White Grapefruit juice (back when you can get it) and I have a healthy opioid tolerance (well always have)

So just correcting that, not being rude, sorry 😐

I did find the paper saying oxymorphone has a 12 hour duration with rectal and lower peak plasma levels and delayed onset, however you now must f>€£ing purchase the article (that was the right word) however if you Google Oxymorphone rectal delayed onset the 5th or so result shall have a couple of sentences confirming the delayed onset
If you google the name of the study/article you should get a free look at it.

@PrincessDiz how did you get your title?(Banrion na Fathrac)

I am just really curious. And Google only gives you a few sentences unfortunately 🙁🇪🇰🇾🇨🇦

@PrincessDiz how did you get your title?(Banrion na Fathrac)

I am just really curious. And Google only gives you a few sentences unfortunately 🙁🇪🇰🇾🇨🇦
I’m very special, plus I won a photo comp.

Hmm strange, usually someone will have posted it. Is it behind a paywall or is it research paper behind a log in?

Well I am special, I am autistic so I should get the title Psycho Savant! :)

It is a research paper, that you can purchase or get a subscription to the entire site for over 100$

I think it may be a log in, though it is certainly behind a wall

What photo comp? Any photos available? (Not in a creepy way, just curious) 😎
I’m very special, plus I won a photo comp.

Hmm strange, usually someone will have posted it. Is it behind a paywall or is it research paper behind a log in?

Sorry I slightly misunderstood your post. However, although YMMV, inhibitors made me more drowsy, only shooting or snorting ever gave me a rush and a boost of energy

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you were saying inhibitors were bad 😐

Well I am special, I am autistic so I should get the title Psycho Savant! :)

It is a research paper, that you can purchase or get a subscription to the entire site for over 100$

I think it may be a log in, though it is certainly behind a wall

What photo comp? Any photos available? (Not in a creepy way, just curious) 😎
There is usually a photo comp running.. was one of them...I was looking for the thread there but can’t find it. It’s there somewhere. Lounge has it I think.

There is usually a photo comp running.. was one of them...I was looking for the thread there but can’t find it. It’s there somewhere. Lounge has it I think.

The regular lounge or the Crew lounge?

Anyway, tell me if you find it, I did not know we had photo comps;(on regular basis) think I have a chance ?

I have been told I am fairly attractive, or at least I used to be, and I have very long dark hair. Nah, I do not have a chance

I could always find a cool photo instead 😎

The regular lounge or the Crew lounge?

Anyway, tell me if you find it, I did not know we had photo comps;(on regular basis) think I have a chance ?

I have been told I am fairly attractive, or at least I used to be, and I have very long dark hair. Nah, I do not have a chance

I could always find a cool photo instead 😎
When I find it I’ll tag you in it ❤️

I have quit day 5 I’m beginning my own research into psychedelic therapy to address issues in the next coming months. Fuck Oxy if you need it for pain don’t feel ashamed but I didn’t .. and I gotta grow the fuck up or ima have nothing but nap time before my time. New music coming soon btw now that I’m not numb anymore

Well last night I notice I’m still getting good effects. Just not the ones I like, I suppose all opiates are just biphasic Atleast to me. I’m well passed the 5mg energy boost dose and at 10mg it’s still was doing it a bit. But now I get lethargy and it ruins it I’m taking your advice and taking a break I’m getting my klonopin filled today or tomorrow so I’m trying that to wean off
Yeah u need to take breaks because if not ur tolerance will just get higher and the effect of ur dose will get weaker. It even happens to a backdoor man like myself.
When this happens u need to reboot it by taking a good week to a month off. I dose suboxane for this. I start with 4mg up the arse. 2 to 3 days later I will take 2 mg. Then 2 days later I will dose my opiate and it will work but after 2 days my tolerance will go back to where it last left off. Same thing happen to me with carfentanyl and i up'd my dose then turned blue. My assistant had to shoot narcan in my ass to bring me back. Usually she plugs my doses up there, that time she had to give me a needle of narcan there. Wasn't nice at all.
The subatonian trick is start with 4mg (suboxane), take 2-3 day in between with nothing, even if u feel a bit like shit just tuff it out. Then do 2mg, another 2 day window of nothing then a 1mg then another 2 day window of nothing. You wont feel a withdrawl or if u do it wont be shit.
When u reach this point u have the easy choice to quit! But if your like me and ain't a quitter but looking to get ur high back u can do the 3 wk to 1 month method. This is: 4mg suboxane, 2-3 day window of nothing, dose another 4 and do this for 1 or 2 weeks, then follow same procedure with 2mg for another 1 or 2 weeks then same procedure with 1mg for 1 week. Then wait a good 3 days and BAM et VIOLA! Your high is bakc again and it should last a good week if u abuse daily. It can stay good if only abuse thursday, friday and Saturday then do the week maintenance method I supplied u. I don't advise to take it upon youself alone I advise u have a good trusted doctor to monitor you just incase. My doctor is my assistant she was fired from nursing for abusing opes but she still knows what shes doing and she plugs all my doses for me as I don't like fuccing with my own ass. Hope this helps because a man's high is nothing to fucc around with and a shame to lose it

Yeah u need to take breaks because if not ur tolerance will just get higher and the effect of ur dose will get weaker. It even happens to a backdoor man like myself.
When this happens u need to reboot it by taking a good week to a month off. I dose suboxane for this. I start with 4mg up the arse. 2 to 3 days later I will take 2 mg. Then 2 days later I will dose my opiate and it will work but after 2 days my tolerance will go back to where it last left off. Same thing happen to me with carfentanyl and i up'd my dose then turned blue. My assistant had to shoot narcan in my ass to bring me back. Usually she plugs my doses up there, that time she had to give me a needle of narcan there. Wasn't nice at all.
The subatonian trick is start with 4mg (suboxane), take 2-3 day in between with nothing, even if u feel a bit like shit just tuff it out. Then do 2mg, another 2 day window of nothing then a 1mg then another 2 day window of nothing. You wont feel a withdrawl or if u do it wont be shit.
When u reach this point u have the easy choice to quit! But if your like me and ain't a quitter but looking to get ur high back u can do the 3 wk to 1 month method. This is: 4mg suboxane, 2-3 day window of nothing, dose another 4 and do this for 1 or 2 weeks, then follow same procedure with 2mg for another 1 or 2 weeks then same procedure with 1mg for 1 week. Then wait a good 3 days and BAM et VIOLA! Your high is bakc again and it should last a good week if u abuse daily. It can stay good if only abuse thursday, friday and Saturday then do the week maintenance method I supplied u. I don't advise to take it upon youself alone I advise u have a good trusted doctor to monitor you just incase. My doctor is my assistant she was fired from nursing for abusing opes but she still knows what shes doing and she plugs all my doses for me as I don't like fuccing with my own ass. Hope this helps because a man's high is nothing to fucc around with and a shame to lose it
I chose to switch to kratom. Oxy is so expensive and while I can afford it I really hate pissing money down the drain for something that essentially has the same high but cheaper personally to me atleast short of that I’m on a kratom kick and biding time until a psychedelic journey in hopes to get to bottom of my addiction issues. Oxycodone is fun af but I’d rather count these bands or increase myself spiritually. . Thank you for your information I appreciate your response

No, NO, I am sorry, however oxymorphone concentrations are much less than 15%, and it plays no significant role in Oxycodones effects. That is why IV is so damn 😊 good.

Inhibitors definitely help Oxycodone , believe me, I have been out of my mind on Methadone, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone with cimetidine and White Grapefruit juice (back when you can get it) and I have a healthy opioid tolerance (well always have)

So just correcting that, not being rude, sorry 😐
Yes I was very upset lol. Finding reliable numbers on this kind of stuff based on valid research is almost a lost cause. I remember ~10+ yrs back around here it was generally thought that the quantity of metabolically produced oxymorphone from oxycodone was pretty substantial (like maybe 10-20%) and was responsible for the sedation that you tend to feel after the first hours of stimulating effects of oCod subside. So it's probably more like <2-3% in reality of oCod -> oMorph via hepatic whatever. I'm assuming the same holds true for hydrocodone's conversion in vivo to hydromorphone, in that a negligible volume is produced and doesn't affect the effects of the hyCod.

You mean IV oxymorphone right? Because omg yes it is absolutely divine, but I never was very impressed with IV oxycodone. Kinda meh. White grapefruit and and cimetidine with hydrocodone used to be a favorite of mine too. It really kicks it up a level.

Yes I was very upset lol. Finding reliable numbers on this kind of stuff based on valid research is almost a lost cause. I remember ~10+ yrs back around here it was generally thought that the quantity of metabolically produced oxymorphone from oxycodone was pretty substantial (like maybe 10-20%) and was responsible for the sedation that you tend to feel after the first hours of stimulating effects of oCod subside. So it's probably more like <2-3% in reality of oCod -> oMorph via hepatic whatever. I'm assuming the same holds true for hydrocodone's conversion in vivo to hydromorphone, in that a negligible volume is produced and doesn't affect the effects of the hyCod.

You mean IV oxymorphone right? Because omg yes it is absolutely divine, but I never was very impressed with IV oxycodone. Kinda meh. White grapefruit and and cimetidine with hydrocodone used to be a favorite of mine too. It really kicks it up a level.
Diluadid over everything lol

^ It's been so long since I've had dilaudid! And I've only IV'ed it three times.. I barely remember :( I really want to compare the two side by side.