• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How to lose weight after being in placements and on medication?

Keto is unsustainable in the long term and extremely difficult to even maintain in the short term. I’ve done it twice, for 3 months at a time each time, and it was VERY effective. Kept the weight off, too. But it almost felt as if it permanently changed the makeup of my microbiome. While I was doing keto, I was a lightweight in terms of alcohol, something I expected because I’d read that others had a similar experience; but not just that, even a fucking TYLENOL would make me feel noticeably altered. That went away, albeit slowly, after I started eating carbs a bit more normally again; but not fully. I am more sensitive now to all substances than I was before I did keto: for example, my tolerance to MDMA went down, and I thought I had lost the magic. Likewise any and all meds or drugs. My theory about this is that perhaps keto cleared out the “biofilm” that supposedly exists in the gut, and paved the way for some fresh intestinal flora and fauna?? But I have no fucking clue, really.
Thanks for your input. Like I said, I did not get around to trying it but surely the info you shared may be able to help someone.

Thanks for your input. Like I said, I did not get around to trying it but surely the info you shared may be able to help someone.
Yeah, I started out trying to say that it’s probably for the best that you didn’t go for it, but I veered off into explaining my own experience. I don’t recommend you try it in the future, that’s all. As a diet, it was really only meant for people with epilepsy, I believe