• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

how to go out and have fun without drinking alcohol

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
the bad times have outweighed the good
and i wanna stop drinking for good i do stupid shit and become a different person who gets into fights and all around menace to society when drunk but am scared to stop drinking as i have had some great nights it has given me confidence to socialize pull women etc and is so ingrained in my culture that almost every social event revolves around it how am i supposed to have fun going out and socialsing without it unfortunately alcohol does not agree with my personality and is just bad news but would rather sober me any tips how hard will this be ?

i dont even know how to go out and have fun drinking alcohol you are one above me, i need at least lsd or in an opposite sort of mindset, cocaine, or worst case, heroin

i would not go out on lsd unless i was at a rave or festival or something i cant do coke on it own without alcohol it just gives me anxiety not worth the price i switched to speed but the comedowns are brutal and itvlast too long. i still use heroin but thats more for chilling at home tbh

absolutely do not go out on heroin. people notice and then you find out after that everyone has been asking your mates 'what's wrong with your friend?' or you just melt into a corner and don't participate in the evening. tbh f you're finding drinking problematic i really would not use heroin at all while you are getting used to abstinence from alcohol. i cross addicted from alcohol to heroin an though it sorted out short term issues alcohol was causing me, in the long term it was a disaster.

before the pandemic, when we still left the house and i was still doing complete abstinence, i went out with work mates without drinking. i'm british so drinking is heavily ingrained here and people were perplexed every time that i was coming to the pub with them and choosing not to drink. but it was actually fun. i wouldn't stay past their 2nd or 3rd pint cos drunk people are quite boring if you're sober. i would treat myself to a bourgeouis soft drink so i was still having a treat. once i'd got over the getting into the pub and everyone having ordered their drinks and sat down bit, i barely noticed i wasn't drinking.

hope that is useful and good luck with it. sounds like you're making a positive step.

yea i would not go out on heroin my voice changes and nod out i only use it at home will eventually stop using all togeather but yea try and go out and not drink i thought that i could cut down and moderate but no alcohol just sends me crazy

I find being around drunk people (who do stupid drunk people shit) to be far from fun. It's not gonna happen If i'm sober (means on buprenorphine). However i can tolerate It at least for a while if take benzos/pregabalin/gabapentin/phenibut/ghb. Any of those substances does the trick and i don't even have to take so much that i would be intoxicated. I just need something to not be anxious AF.

If it's just me and people i know well i can be sober when they drink. Club/pub/bar/festival scenarios with drunk strangers around me are very unpleasant.

join a club martial arts is what did it for me.

war hammer is the next one im looking at.

there are so many ways to enjoy one self without alcohol.

and to be honest you can do it for longer and get so much more enjoyment out of it.

the best feeling in the world is to try and fail multiple times but to just through shear will stick at it

and finally succeed.

where I live alcohol is seen as a way to measure ones metal.

just look else were.

so who wants to learn cha cha with me :)

yeah getting non drinking hobbies is a big help. i was going to sessions at my local buddhist centre and playing football or going to a climbing wall with some friends. also eating out is always a good shout.

I stopped going at all-night party type gatherings. Stopped alcohol long time ago but I never learned to party without something. So I switched alcohol with amphs. As that was not sustainable I stopped participating in that kind of gatherings all together. I have no problem to go to pub for couple of hours but that's another type of hanging out. Never learned to party sober and I guess due to age, having a family and almost no interest in hanging out in clubs (only music festivals would do) I probably never will. I have been on one psy chill festival for 4 days without consuming anything. But the atmosphere there was much different (Samsara in Hungary ~5 years ago).

It took me years to learn how to simply say “No thanks. I don’t drink”. I think because in Australia every social situation is alcohol lubricated and non-drinkers are often seen as kill-joys. However, once I started saying it people stopped offering it. The biggest change was I started going home earlier from events once the drinkers stopped making sense and started talking rubbish. I did then get the reputation as being “not a party person” and people did stop inviting to a few kinds of things. Which is kind of ironic since I would have been more than happy to pull out some amps or acid and liven up the party for everyone myself included. But then I would have been judged a socially undesirable drug fiend.

It took me years to learn how to simply say “No thanks. I don’t drink”. I think because in Australia every social situation is alcohol lubricated and non-drinkers are often seen as kill-joys. However, once I started saying it people stopped offering it.
Although would you agree that it's becoming much more common and less taboo these days in Australia for people to be non-drinkers?? At least in my circle of friends/relatives/associates it is. No one bats an eyelid when I say I don't drink.

It took me years to learn how to simply say “No thanks. I don’t drink”. I think because in Australia every social situation is alcohol lubricated and non-drinkers are often seen as kill-joys. However, once I started saying it people stopped offering it. The biggest change was I started going home earlier from events once the drinkers stopped making sense and started talking rubbish. I did then get the reputation as being “not a party person” and people did stop inviting to a few kinds of things. Which is kind of ironic since I would have been more than happy to pull out some amps or acid and liven up the party for everyone myself included. But then I would have been judged a socially undesirable drug fiend.
yep its ok to destroy ones mind and family life on alcohol.

its ok to put your self in hospital with lung cancer from smoking but should you

use one of the nicer compounds out there your one of "them".

personaly I just turn it around and say no your just not one of us.

Although would you agree that it's becoming much more common and less taboo these days in Australia for people to be non-drinkers?? At least in my circle of friends/relatives/associates it is. No one bats an eyelid when I say I don't drink.
trust the ozzies to have problems with drinking ;P

not only is it getting more accepted but there is a rather strong psychedelic movement that was no

were near as big as when I was younger.

DMT is rather big if your in the right circles now.

and shroom season has had more and more people searching on the shroomery too.

trust the ozzies to have problems with drinking ;P

not only is it getting more accepted but there is a rather strong psychedelic movement that was no

were near as big as when I was younger.

DMT is rather big if your in the right circles now.

and shroom season has had more and more people searching on the shroomery too.
I 100% agree. Do you live on the eastern coast of Australia by any chance?

I see. well I'm in Sydney Australia and everything you said applies to Sydney and the Greater Sydney region, and the outskirts of Brisbane, and Melbourne.