• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to deal with constipation dealt by opioids

Here is what I do. I take a lot of stool softeners (like more than it says to take, or the max dose but twice a day, morning and night), and a fiber supplement (psyllium husk is the best I've found, or you can get one of those fiber supplements that contains dextrin). This will go a long way towards more regular bowel movements, that are not rock-hard.

Trust me, laxatives will not make you shit water if you're opiate constipated.

I was on opiates bad for years, and would shit like once every 5 days and it was horrific, like shitting a brick, it would bleed, and it would hurt to sit down for like 2 days every time. It was fucking horrible. Once I figured out the method I described above, it got a lot better. You should do something about it though, I gave myself hemorrhoids by being constipated and then shitting giant rocks for years, it still bothers me sometimes, like 7 or 8 years after I stopped having chronic constipation.

Water, more fibre, less opioids, laxatives and as a last resort - get a tiny fucking spoon and start digging.

Fruit's are good, don't go overboard with Prunes. Some get stomach pain's that are intolerable. At least I do, we had a Prune tree in the front garden.

More of a question, or abnormality. The only time I really shitted the way its supposed to. 3 times a day no wiping needed. Was during the time I was addicted to Kratom?