L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How to date a nurse.

modocmodoc

Bluelighter
I broke my ankle.. really bad. I was in the ER and a nurse, recently divorced and like 41 (I'm 44).. we had some time alone and great conversation, she put in an IV and let me smell her hair (I can't be with someone whose smell is incompatible.. look it up, it's a thing) and delicious, she was fine and fit my personality type really well.. and the vibe was -on-, like "let's fuck here and now" on.

Can someone give my dumb ass some ideas on how to work around the no-contact rules with nurses?

I know nurses are hit on constantly and asked out and shit, but this was way different with pandemic and shit.. skeleton crew at hospital, we had a lot of alone time.

Sigh. I have her name though.

Send her flowers to work? A fruit basket? I dunno what you Americans can send to people’s works but it would be a start. Leave your number on the card then it’s up to him.

I totally thought of flowers but I think they would get on to that.. not that the nurses give a shit but a dick doctor (they're mostly pricks here) might fuck up her roll.

Getting digits to her is the thing. Maybe just fuckin walk up and hand her a card when the room is mostly empty?

I totally thought of flowers but I think they would get on to that.. not that the nurses give a shit but a dick doctor (they're mostly pricks here) might fuck up her roll.

Getting digits to her is the thing. Maybe just fuckin walk up and hand her a card when the room is mostly empty?
Probably the easiest thing.

I dated a psychiatric nurse I met while undergoing ECT. Make friends while in hospital, connect via social media if you use it, leave it a few weeks until after you are discharged to ask for a date.

In the meantime occasionally share interesting things or thought about your common interests to keep the ball rolling.

If you leave hospital not knowing if you have a common interest probably best to forget it.

Reminds me of one of the only times I broke the rules with a patient. I was in a relationship at the time with a man, but I’m bisexual. This patient was really cute and I remember the first time I walked into her room she was half asleep and without even looking up said that I smelt nice. She had been a nurse herself for a while. I dunno how it happened really, but eventually before she got discharged asked for my FB. So we talked on there afterwards. Even met up after she was discharged. I seem to be oblivious to when people are hitting on me. Eventually I had to tell her I couldn’t cheat on my current partner and I didn’t have a good reason to dump him... I guess from her perspective she would have thought she herself was a good reason to dump him but alas I don’t “trade up” on partners.

Feels like a life time ago.

You're UK? How strict are the rules? They are 100% no-contact here betwen practitioner and client.
No, Aussie. Not supposed to accept gifts over a token price of about $30 and definitely no exchanging numbers and social media etc. Of course people do it in secret though. It’s just part of our code of conduct.

After the patient has left the hospital it’s fair game, that’s fine. But I’d hesitate before doing anything that could be interpreted as stalkery or is remotely creepy. Consider we also probably have a low threshold for creepy too since we know just being nice sometimes can lead to being bailed up in a corner and propositioned. Be careful with gifts as even harmless ones are noticed by other nurses sometimes.

No, Aussie. Not supposed to accept gifts over a token price of about $30 and definitely no exchanging numbers and social media etc. Of course people do it in secret though. It’s just part of our code of conduct.

After the patient has left the hospital it’s fair game, that’s fine. But I’d hesitate before doing anything that could be interpreted as stalkery or is remotely creepy. Consider we also probably have a low threshold for creepy too since we know just being nice sometimes can lead to being bailed up in a corner and propositioned. Be careful with gifts as even harmless ones are noticed by other nurses sometimes.
Good advice. I think if the nurse accepts an invite to connect on social media it’s a good sign but no guarantee she is interested in romance. If she didn’t want to know you except as a patient she’d say ‘sorry we are not allowed to connect on SM with patients’. A bit of back and forth on SM for a few weeks is a much better sign there might be some interest. But weirdly, some women do just chat to men online on the basis of friendship!

Asking for a date once never needs to be creepy. Twice almost inevitably is.

In my case, we met up at work after she was discharged because she also happened to be there for a follow up appointment. But turning up randomly to someone’s work place... especially when you have intentions... Feels a bit creepy.

Yeah, nurses are fun. I remember some of them coming to talk me out of drugs when I was in hospital. Hot too. ^Drools^

Go tell her some spicy pick up line.
Go to the nurse, tell that you have heart problem and when she asks what's up tell her that she stole it.
Okay, that's kinda cheesy - but I made it up in 5 secs. Just something like that.
Flowers and number sound like good idea. Maybe some chocolate.
Older women usually like darker chocolates with high amounts of cocoa.
Okay, well you know - older women have seen it all so maybe pick up lines aren't that important. They've seen the roller coasters, pick up lines, dinners and movies.
They don't like to play games, like young women do.
My current chick is 2 years younger than me, but I've had great success with women my age or couple years older. I'm still young, so don't think I'm dating some old hags. My oldest woman was 8 year older than me and I was like 19 or 20 back then.

lol @ hearing her side.

Nurse: There was this creepy patient today that I had to give an IV to. I caught him smelling my hair! I can't wait to get that new job.

Anyways, I would just talk to her. I don't think there are any "rules" that would prevent you from getting her number. Its more or less that nurses cannot molest patients. You aren't her patient forever, if even now. Just ask for her number, however you missed the chance I think.

You can just go back and find her. It will be yes or no. But you should of already done it since it will look fucking creepy now. Depends how you look at it. If some girl showed up at my work I would like it. Girls are much different, though.

I remember once I met this chick at a club right. Not sure how I scammed my way into hanging with her and her friend after. We were talking about this and that, hanging here, going there. I didn't try to fool around with her since it was already too intense. And plus I was testing her kinda. I left the next morning. Forgot to get her number. Went looking for her 3 times. Never saw her again. So the digits / some way to contact always comes 1st since you may never have that chance again. And if she was really flirting like that and wanting to fuck she will give up her number in 5 seconds.

lol @ hearing her side.

Nurse: There was this creepy patient today that I had to give an IV to. I caught him smelling my hair! I can't wait to get that new job.

Anyways, I would just talk to her. I don't think there are any "rules" that would prevent you from getting her number. Its more or less that nurses cannot molest patients. You aren't her patient forever, if even now. Just ask for her number, however you missed the chance I think.

You can just go back and find her. It will be yes or no. But you should of already done it since it will look fucking creepy now. Depends how you look at it. If some girl showed up at my work I would like it. Girls are much different, though.

I remember once I met this chick at a club right. Not sure how I scammed my way into hanging with her and her friend after. We were talking about this and that, hanging here, going there. I didn't try to fool around with her since it was already too intense. And plus I was testing her kinda. I left the next morning. Forgot to get her number. Went looking for her 3 times. Never saw her again. So the digits / some way to contact always comes 1st since you may never have that chance again. And if she was really flirting like that and wanting to fuck she will give up her number in 5 seconds.

It was hypothetical, sir.