• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How similar/different are the effects of psilocybe and THC?

I know quite a few people who have adverse reactions to cannabis who love psychedelics. You could also try taking an extreme low dose (say 0.25 or .5mg alprazolam) or a benzo with it your first time.

If you're microdosing you shouldn't be taking enough to feel any of the actual psychoactive effects - i.e. it shouldn't make you anxious at all.
I dont know if thats true or just the new trend. IMO and experience, microdosing psychedelics means using sub-psychedelic dosages, not sub-threshold (which id argue would be useless)

If I'm microdosing I'm doing it to try and affect neural pathways rather than feel something. Otherwise it's just dosing isn't it...

If I'm microdosing I'm doing it to try and affect neural pathways rather than feel something. Otherwise it's just dosing isn't it...
Sure, but I dont think sub threshold doses will cause much change in neurological pathways. A threshold dose (aka microdose) should have some effect, although extremely mild, at least for the first few days.

Also, for the OP, many people have reported getting worse anxiety from microdosing certain substances (such as LSD), yet they do not have the same anxiogenic effect at full doses.

I agree the extent to which something like neurogenesis might occur with microdosing isn't really known because it hasn't really been tested...which is why I tend to macrodose :D