• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc How should I reduce dosage of Cymbalta / Duloxetine

And12

Greenlighter
I want to try reducing my Cymbalta down from 30mg to 20mg.
I tried doing this once before but the withdrawal effects felt very hard. I've been taking 30mg Cymbalta for anxiety since 2015 alongside Dexamphetamine IR for ADHD.

I want to reduce the dose in order to alleviate some sexual side effects that I have been experiencing. In order to achieve this with minimal withdrawal pain I feel I am concluding that I will need to gradually remove beads from the 30mg capsule on a daily basis.

Does anyone have experience of doing this?

That's a very low dose of Cymbalta. If I were you, I'd open the capsule up and dump some out. That's the only way you can taper off of it unless there happens to be a lower dose your Dr. Can prescribe you. You could also start skipping a day everytime you take it to help with the taper.

That's a very low dose of Cymbalta. If I were you, I'd open the capsule up and dump some out. That's the only way you can taper off of it unless there happens to be a lower dose your Dr. Can prescribe you. You could also start skipping a day everytime you take it to help with the taper.

firstly down to 20mg then reduce 2.5mg every week in about 2 months you will be out of this without withdrawal but you will ended in your previous baseline before taking the drug, (all drugs like this)

I can't immediately move to the 20mg dose in one swoop. I tried this once before and the withdrawal was somewhat detrimental to my stability.

What if I established how many beads a 30mg dose and 20mg dose both contain, and then use a pair of tweezers to gradually deduct a certain amount of beads to help me taper between the 30mg to the 20mg dose?

I'm not aiming to come off this medication completely..... If I can avoid it.
I want to reduce the dose to try and reduce the sexual side effects (ie. Lack of an orgasm).
I can orgasm when masturbating - but it's not great.
In sex I can't really orgasm at all.

I'm 25 I need to turn this around for my future.

FYI The reason I take it is for anxiety and it allows me to take dexamphetamine IR for my ADHD.

What if I established how many beads a 30mg dose and 20mg dose both contain, and then use a pair of tweezers to gradually deduct a certain amount of beads to help me taper between the 30mg to the 20mg dose?
That sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Can no one elaborate further or know of other options?
Perhaps this is the wrong forum?

Perhaps the most appropriate forum is "Mental Health" but almost no one responds there either. I asked about Venlafaxine and only received 3 responses hahahaha. :ROFLMAO:

Have you been able to lower your dose of duloxetine somewhat, pal? How long have you been taking it? Could you describe the withdrawal symptoms?