View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How should I keep my Psilocybin ?

tellamont

Greenlighter
How should I keep it for example in a dry place like normal shrooms or does it not matter ?

Can you be more specific, do you have psilocybin in powder form or psilocybe cubensis or what?

Chances are it's 4-AcO-DMT, pure psilocybin is less common I'd think. But they are both psilocin prodrugs.

Keep it in a cool, dry place in a sealed container. If it's a solution keep it as cold as possible and use it as quickly as possible.

Mine is in a glass vial which is in a ziplock bag with dessicant which is in a plastic container with rice which is in the freezer. All my tryptamines are like this. Never had problems thus far. Mind to take the vial out of the freezer and hour before you want to open it.
My phenethylamines are stored the same, but in the fridge.

No worries, I don't have children ;)

Psilocybin is extremely stable.

Kept in the cool and dark, away from humidity, it will last hundreds of years :)

What makes you feel the need to add that?

Extracting pure psilocybin from mushrooms is more difficult than receiving pre-crystallized 4-AcO-DMT, and effectiveness is the same when administered orally.

I always thought psilocybin was a little touchy in alcohol or water and will lose the phosphate ester quickly.

Each of my substances is kept like this: inside a ziplock bag, which is in a opaque bigger plastic bag (which is closed by a paper-clip). They're all in the same tupperware. Inside this tupperware I also place dessicants. This tupperware is inside a ziplock bag. Then I wrap in aluminium foil. This goes to the fridge. I don't have any freezer. I try to expel as much air as I can when I close the ziplock bags.

Psilocybin is extremely stable.

Kept in the cool and dark, away from humidity, it will last hundreds of years :)

Not true, most if not all 4-substituted tryptamines are subject to degradation if not stored properly.
I believe 5-substituted tryps are more stable in comparison but I'm not really sure; my 5-meo-mipt didn't last long enough for me to be able to tell :D
Psilocybin and psilocin in mushrooms is more stable because the mushroom tissue provides protection from atmospheric moisture, but still liable to degradation nonetheless

Extracting pure psilocybin from mushrooms is more difficult than receiving pre-crystallized 4-AcO-DMT, and effectiveness is the same when administered orally.
That is irrelevant. OP claims to have psilocybin powder, not psilacetin. Unless OP states that she is unsure of the identity of the substance, you have no right to be going into her thread and telling her that her drugs are misrepresented. Personally, I have a source for 100% synthetic psilocybin (verified via GC/MS), not those extracts made from mushrooms which are actually a blend of psilocin and psilocybin.

Not true, most if not all 4-substituted tryptamines are subject to degradation if not stored properly.
I believe 5-substituted tryps are more stable in comparison but I'm not really sure; my 5-meo-mipt didn't last long enough for me to be able to tell :D
Psilocybin and psilocin in mushrooms is more stable because the mushroom tissue provides protection from atmospheric moisture, but still liable to degradation nonetheless

That's not the case for their Fumaric salts. They last considerably longer than their Hcl salts without degradation, even if they are just stored UV-protected and at 10-15ºC. If they are stored properly, they can last for years.