• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How quickty will Kratom withdrawal set in if previously addicted?

RagingPlatypus

Greenlighter
Hi folks,

I used to be a daily kratom user about a year or so back for about six months. I quit using and cleaned up my act and want to use kratom on the weekend. Maybe once at the most.
My question is, since I have been addicted before, how much can I use before the withdrawals start to occur? If I use only once or twice a week, would that cause me some discomfort in between doses? Or can I just use, say one 8 gram dose a week, and be fine all the days in between?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Just out of curiosity.. I was thinking of trying a few dif strains of kratom for pain relief since its all natural (and maybe I could lay off my opiate doses). If I were to use these for pain would they help and how exactly does the withdraw occur if you are using it about 1-2x a day? Also which strain of Kratom would be best for pain relief? I've seen the pic that shows the dif strains but am wondering other people's experiences. I see that Red Thai gives pain relief plus a little euphoria (who doesn't like that on occasion), but it also shows its for opiate withdraw and is mood boosting. Before I buy any of this I wondered other people's opinions on pain relief from this. Heres the pic Im using for comparision :
kratom-effects-by-strain.jpg

I don't think using once or twice a week would cause any significant withdrawals. It didn't in my experience. However, you'd be surprised how easy once or twice a week can turn into daily usage again, especially if you have any history of pain pill use (not saying you do). I'm actually In this exact position right now. I began using Kratom once or twice a week after getting sober, which led me to go on a one month oxy/hydro bender. Now I'm trying to use Kratom to taper off because I'm back where I was, if not worse than before I got clean. I'm just saying be careful whatever you do, it can be a slippery slope depending on your situation.

Thanks for the caution. I've seen reports where people, after having a full blown addiction a year ago, take opiates for a few days and start suffering withdrawals in some form after only a three or so days. I'm scared kratom is the same way, as I've noticed myself yawning after taking a dose a day or two later. Might all be in my head.

If u were addicted before then it won't take very long before u are addicted again..I'd say if you used more than 2 days a week then you will get withdrawals again..very very hard to use opiates or kratom again occasionally once u have been addicted to it..

That kratom chart above is ridiculous..I cannot notice that much difference between strains tbh..they all seem to have the same basic effects..

I often take it Friday, Satuday, and Sunday (but only those three days) every week and don't get withdrawals. Probably around 15-20 grams each day. That being said, I'm sure it varies from person to person.

You seem to understand my fears about becoming re addicted to kratom. So, I'll keep my use low and pay attention to any potential symptoms. What's the most I could get from two consecutive days of use? Mild rls and yawning? (I should just give up now. I don't even get that high from it anymore.)

15-20 grams? Is that one dose or multiple? If just one dose, do you get higher than if you took a more conservative 8 gram dose? I'm wondering when that ceiling effect comes into play and taking more is just a waste.