• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How open are you about your drug use? Who knows you use drugs?

Depends on the person. Some people know everything, and others barely know a thing. I have to not feel judged in order to be open with anyone.

the more I think about it, the more I realize I am really not OPEN about it, I just happen to have a huge network of people who know I used/use drugs. ha. but if I meet a new person I dont mention I am an addict or talk about drugs, etc. but if it gets brought up I may mention other opiates, but wont go write to dope. once he starts saying he uses to, or used, I may bring up dope or pill, then it goes from there. ha. but then we both say we are super clean but both are probably far from it and are on some type of med sub/meth.

One circle of friends who I've known for 15+ years. They have varying knowledges of my past drug use, but only one has full knowledge (because we've used hard drugs together many times)

Another circle of "friends" I've known for a few years, all of whom I've made in the course of my drug using career. Dealers and fellow users.

My parents are lifelong marijuana smokers, take painkillers (medicinally) & I'm pretty sure did coke back in the day, so they're not exactly super conservative when it comes to drugs, but they don't have full knowledge of my former use either, or current use for that matter. I'm not open about it with them and I've learned how to hide it pretty well.

Let's see, my dad is a now recovering alcoholic who was hospitalized for pancreatitis multiple times, my brother is a recovered drug addict, my mom is squeaky clean and actually worked as a substance abuse counselor. They know my issues, but not everything.

I don't currently use any although I am certainly not going to apologize for my past, nor judge others about their present. Some of the best situations in my life came behind working jobs where nobody I worked with knew I got high at night, because I didn't (never) show(ed) up high at work. Seems to me a waste of a good stone, to go to work loaded. Save it for when you don't need to be responsible to others and can enjoy yourself. I openly advocate for legalization, so they can think whatever they like, but for the present, I'm happy with not having to be paranoid about a stash.

I think I'm a little too open about it honestly, pretty much everyone knows about my roxi habit but I'm not really open about doing heroin just because of the huge stigma and it's taboo and maybe like 3 people I know are cool with it. I sometimes wonder how things would be different if I hadn't been so honest about it and just actually gave a fuck for once. But everyone knows. I only really hide my habit from my dad

Now that I am clean, most people that are around me know my history...1.) because after a while I stopped caring and started using with reckless abandon 2.)because I completely laid everything out on the table when I started trying to get sober 3.)because I was in jail and my charges were heroin possession and paraphenalia

My girlfriend knows that I smoke some weed because I smoke it with her haha. But no one knows I tried heroin a few times and a bit of amphetamine

I'm extremely open about it after carefully looking into the other person's view on it.

I've learnt the hard way it's best just to keep this hush unless the other person mentions it to you already. And even then evaluate whether you want their drug use, aswell as your own, in your life.

If I believe some one is cool ( is that too cliche?), sure. Networking has brought some amazing connections.

My parents know that I 'was' into drugs, the only thing they don't know about is that I've taken heroin. I've had a bit of personal shit going on the last two years, I had to move back with the folks (I'm 34), started abusing benzos pretty bad and was walking about like a zombie for awhile. It all came out around about that time, I had a 'moment of despair'.

Now they are always watching.

Friends know because they were always taking with me. Girlfriend knows, she doesn't abuse anything.

I'm not open to strangers at all, or work colleagues. There has to be a 'nudge nudge, wink wink' conversation before I open up, drugs are generally still too taboo in the UK.

I'm very quiet when it comes to benzo's and amps, no one really knows except a few friends and they keep their mouths shut which is good.

I'm pretty open about smoking pot so everyone just assumes I'm a massive pothead, which is true... but I'd rather be known as the guy who smokes weed then the guy who occasionally smokes meth.... Occasionally... haha

Yeah, I think smoking weed is obviously more accepted in society. You could go to a party, everyone there aren't exactly 'druggies', hardly know anyone and a joint being passed about isn't that uncommon. If you pull out a bag of H and start preparing for your preferred ROA, I'm sure it would be frowned upon to say the least.

Parents think im clean.which I pretty much am ,they knew I was on benzos and,subutex untill I got off benzos,the,other,day.other than that,me,and my girl eat lsd together at times,and mdma other than that I keep to my self for the most part

My immediate family (parents, brothers, granny) know all about my drug/alcohol problems due to my shenanigans and resultant arrests but extended family? No way. They just think I'm severely mentally ill which, sadly, isn't a blatant lie but a half truth.

Both my parents are addicts so they are very understanding, fortunately.

Not very open to people who are not ready/able to accept the information appropriately. My family knows nothing of my drug use, except the fact that I do indulge in alcohol, although they don't know to what extent - they think I'm an occasional and moderate drinker. My closest (and only) friends know pretty much every little dirty detail of my drug escapades. On the other hand, I don't discuss my drug use with more distant people like colleagues and simple acquaintances.

The guys I hang out with to use and my girl, that's it. I'd like to keep it that way :)

Only two of my siblings (who also use), my husband (who does not), and a handful of fellow fryers know I use. My friends that I toot with are completely separate from my 'regular' friends. I like to keep it this way. I believe it helps keep me grounded. My non crystal smoking friends think I have only tried the stuff, and have no idea I am a regular, long time, on again off again user. Thanks to the media they believe all meth users are deranged psychotics clawing at imaginary bugs beneath their skin.
My parents have absolutely no idea, although they do know about my other two siblings.