Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How much Thorazine to 'end' a trip

neurotic

Bluelighter
pretty straightforward...

im talking about a regular trip, not light nor very strong too

any experiences?

Why go so old school? People seize up on them things. Seroquel or zyprexa would probably be the most tolerated anti-psychotic without all the cramping and weird side effects. Seroquel would probably be better because it starts working faster. It's not anti-psychotic until around 200 mg but 100 mg should be plenty for the average person to abort a trip and go to sleep. But, as you probably already know, giving someone more drugs in hopes to calm a drug freakout doesn't always work out so hot...

I thought itd be the best from the ones i have, the other being risperidone, which i find very heavy.

Trazodone could work too i guess, i think it is a 2A antagonist

I'd think that an anti-psychotic like seroquel or olanzepen would be better than thorazine as these anti-psychotics have a higher margin of safety, I believe.

I really don't think it's a good idea to be taking antipsychotics unless you are actually suffering from acute drug-induced psychosis or have a medical condition that necessitates taking them.
Whether you have trouble getting to sleep after a trip or you just want something on hand to calm you down in the event of a freakout, I would recommend a benzo.
If you were to end up in hospital freaking out on psychedelics, they would most likely give you a shot of lorazepam or diazepam. Benzos are the drugs of choice in this type of situation. Antipsychotics are generally not indicated for psychedelic intoxication in clinical settings because of the increased seizure risk and other unpleasant side effects. Thorazine is not to be fucked with.

I'd think that an anti-psychotic like seroquel or olanzepen would be better than thorazine as these anti-psychotics have a higher margin of safety, I believe.

Sure, the only thing I dislike about Seroquel is how much lethargic they make us feel for almost 14 hours. Even if you stay in bed, that's quite unpleasant for me. Not as much as Thorazine but still a bit strong in that sense.

thorazine will not end a trip, it doesn't block serotonin receptors. it will just make you feel like dogshit. either an atypical antipsychotic or benzos would be much better.