• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How much should I wait with eating after I popped some Xanax?

After several years of benzodiazepine addiction (mainly alprazolam) i think that with alprazolam it doesn't matter if u take it with food, it changes pharmacocynetics but not significantly enough to cause any more than slight difference in effects BUT the reason i think almost everybody thinks taking xanax on empty stomach is much stronger is because when you take it in fasting conditions it starts to absorb almost immediately into your system (without short time delay food in stomach cause) so u feels more of a "relaxation wave" coming.

With diazepam its mostly simmilar but diazepam may be more affected by stomach content because of it's chemical nature.

In Shady's knowledge, only MDMA it's meant to be taken with food, don't ever do it on empty stomach. Regarding benzos, it doesn't matter. Same high, you may have tummy-aches/puking but nothing unusual.

Y'all waking a thread from 2015. Daaaamn.

For me Xanax hits me harder with empty stomach. But oh well, thats me.

Yeah, didn't see the year was a little impulsive on amps and pregabalin, always reading everything about pharmacology. I' m prescribed Sr version of xanax or extended-release, bars don't exist in my country, effects are dull never tried Immediate version.

I used to wait an hour but that's probably very over-cautious since (especially if you chew or sublingual it) Xanax can take effect in literally a few minutes. It's designed for panic attacks so it kinda has to.