• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much Morphine?

Eight9ten

Greenlighter
Regular user of norco and oxy... take about 80mg norco or 60mg oxy a few times a week, lower doses just about every day. Just came into some 15mg ER Morphine, it's all I can get now. Took 2 (total of 30mg), chewed and swallowed. Felt a weird body high briefly about an hour after ingesting. 2 hours later, nada. Took 2 more 3 hours after first dose, haven't felt shit. How much would you suggest I take orally to get a nice head buzz? How much would you suggest if I plug? Thx.

Bioavailability of oral morphine is really low, so you should plug it.
Iirc oxycodone is twice as potent as morphine, so you would need around 100mg,but I'd suggest you wait till some others chime in.

Thanks, id read that BA was pretty low. Was just trying to start low since im not very familiar with it!

If you sensibly titrate up to the dose you want you should be safe. Keep in mind that morphine (superior drug imo) is a different beast to oxy - it should be more sedating and this can be subtle or pronounced obviously all determined by dose. Google an opioid/opiate equivalency chart from oxy to morphine and see what numbers a few of these charts (consult more than one chart) spit out and go from there.

I've always been one who likes to take my dose in one go rather than the much safer way of titration, but I find these charts to be good if not a little conservative. I love morphine for pain but there isn't enough of it to combat my sub usuage. ��

Thanks, I did consult some dosage conversion charts beforehand and still shot a bit low, just wanted to get a feel for it first... unfortunately that feel wasn't anything :/ id rather get my dose in one go, but will titrate for a bit til i find the sweet spot!

^That's the wisest choice anyone could ever make with regards to drugs, seldom practiced when a user is buying street drugs like Heroin....we think we know how much to IV, get a few bags and end up falling out and lost to OD.....another reason I support to decriminalisation and regulation of illicit drugs especially opiates, that way if you're doing 50mgs you are in fact doing 50mgs and doing it in a gallery where there are nurses and other medical staff to assist you. I'd rather OD in a hospital or gallery than in my lounge room alone. Take care folks and good luck!!!

The thing about Morphine in an extended-release form is that you aren't getting all 15 mgs. at once. It is spread out over the course of a 12 hour period. You are essentially getting less than 1mg. per hour of morphine per pill, unless you somehow beat the time-release matrix. It's really hard to do that because the matrix is wax and the medication is in little bits, all bundled up in wax casings, pressed together. Easiest way is melting it in boiling water and skimming the wax off, then chugging once cooled. Even then, it's still really hard to get enough out of such small pills in the ER form to even feel it.
It does tend to build up, you don't eliminate it as fast as you absorb it, but you probably have, at most, around 4mg. in your system at any given time, per 15mg. pill you take.
When I used to take morphine ER, I needed 150 mg. of straight Oxy to feel it, and I usually had to do no less than 60 mg. Morhine ER to just stay off sick, never mind feel it. If I took enough to feel it, I had to take 180 mg. at once if I didn't break them down.
They really aren't good for recreational use. They are a superior pain killer, in high enough doses, just not a lot of euphoria associated with them. Even at 180 mg. ER, I would usually get pretty nauseous before throwing them up and losing them and I can do 150 mg. Oxy on an empty stomach without it even bothering my belly. Not worth it IMO, not a decent high and too expensive to bother with for such little benefit. I did them for a while just to stay off sick but if I wanted to get a good high, I had to use something else instead. I wouldn't even bother taking them if they were free, except to boost my high from something else, or to keep the withdrawal monster at bay until I could score my DOC. and yes, I agree, the buzz you can get if you do enough is more of a body high, not much in the head to speak of.
I'm in no way advocating such high doses, just sharing my experiences so you don't go through the same frustration. I only used them because they were free to me. If I was paying, I would have found some dope or Oxy.

In my experience morphine is just wack... unless administered IV at the hospital or something. I've tried morph contin pills and liquid oral solution(the strong stuff which was hard to come by) and I never really got shit out of it except a stomach ache. Some peeps on bluelight were telling me that something was wrong with me and that morph is awesome but I don't get it. Apparently plugged or IV is the only way to go, but ya honestly stick with oxy at all costs. If you can't get the magical pill that is oxy then go for H. Oxy or bust bra...

Unfortunately, the well has run dry and the morphine is all I can get right now.

Chewed up 75mgs worth and took orally about an hour and a half ago, not worth shit.

You could investigate the ingredients list and possibly inject it? I have been injecting triple micron filtered oral morphine for a while now after doing my research on the ingredients. Some types of oral morphine are a definite no-no though so like i said do your research.

Also in regards to the person staying stick with oxy - isn't oxy more potent? So wouldn't you be better off with a morphine addiction than an oxy addiction?

You could investigate the ingredients list and possibly inject it? I have been injecting triple micron filtered oral morphine for a while now after doing my research on the ingredients. Some types of oral morphine are a definite no-no though so like i said do your research.

Also in regards to the person staying stick with oxy - isn't oxy more potent? So wouldn't you be better off with a morphine addiction than an oxy addiction?

Not the best HR advice here either......