• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How much has your life improved?

Weed is used in some of the most stringent states as medical for PTSD. Doesn't mean it can't be abused though. There's been evidence that it can help people a lot with opioid withdrawal or in cutting down on opioids drastically. Unfortunately, people become less driven in positive manners when they smoke a lot. Depends on the strain, I guess. If you have the luxury, you might at least be able to seek out a strain that isn't supposed to make you lazy and such.

Yeah been thinking a lot about going on methadone even since I had literally 1/4 of a teaspoon of some. Wasn't even enough to get high but I noticed I was in a very good mood and just seemed to appreciate life much. But reading about methadone WDs.. it just doesn't seem worth it.

Think it's time to give up weed again completely. It initially helped with some symptoms of my PTSD but I think it's overall making things worse. It's funny to me that I've gone through some of the worst polydrug WDs possible short of dying, yet it's so hard for me to quit smoking weed.

weed really helps with PTSD for me. but it's different for everyone.

12 days free of the methadone grip of almost 2 decades. Today I could actually stop to smell the rose's for the first time in years . Methadone is great the first few years then it gradually loses its magic. Mafioso , if not a hard core opiate addict then I strongly disagree with getting on it . It'll damage the heart at high doses and the Wds are hell on earth. I don't know your situation, you may be in need of it , I don't know . It's a drug I would only recommend if your about to die from heroin use. Read my journey and socal's on the Sober living part ( this part ) of blue light. If I can keep 1 person from getting on it that truly doesn't need it than my mission on bluelight is complete . I finally matured enough to kick it . I'm 40 years old now . I look back at all the times slept for half a day and think to myself what else good for the family or community I could have been doing instead of sleeping all the time . Heroin addicts even say they would rather go through H WD'S than methadone ones. If you need any info message me . I'm here to inform people.

I didn't notice much of socioeconomical changes expect that I did isolate myself when using.

I got my opiates prescribed and government pays for the biggest part of drugs so I didn't have to hustle to get money although I can say I entered some risky business while using and did something on the grey area (economic crimes) and must say that my mind was somewhat clouded when thinking about the consequences.

What has improved though is my social life as well as psychological issues I have had. I still have depressive episode going on but it is much better than before.

I am still using empathogenics and psychedelics but I use them responsibly at the moment.