• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much cocaine is too much? Looking for a generalized answer obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky6969

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

I just registered so I'm new to this but I've had some questions regarding issues I've seen on this website so I figured I might as well ask. My main question is how much cocaine is a typical "safe" zone and what would be considered a dangerous amount.
Some background info of my particular situation: almost two weeks ago I went on a vacation to Florida and didn't plan on it at all at the time but ended up doing a decent amount of pretty good quality coke. This week upon returning I've done maybe 3 grams tops of some very good quality coke but plan on taking a good long break after this last week. I've never really liked it too much until recently it's fun except for the last two-three hours when my heart starts beating relatively fast and when I get occasional chest pains. Sometimes my arms will turn purple on the tricep region but I've noticed this happens with other substances as well and when I get cold. I have gotten very anxious and paranoid certain times which I think contributed to the high heart rate and chest pain. My biggest concern is a heart attack but I just don't see it happening. I'm 21 years old, athletic, fair health (I've done plenty of drugs and alcohol along with steroids here and there for some time now though), but other than that I'm a pretty healthy young adult. So my plan is to finish this and stop for awhile to give my body the recovery it needs. Are the side effects I've mentioned quite normal or should I be worried? It's only been to a point were I thought I had to go to the ER once and I also was suffering severe anxiety. I just want to be as safe as possible even though that's kind of contradictory since its coke lol. Any response would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post. Thanks yall.

a gram can be ok and anything above that and you are pushing your heart to the extreme. But then again a single line can blow your heart up into smithereens regardless of how "in shape" you are, it's just the nature of the drug. 3 grams is foolishly copious, several people usually split up that kind of amount.

It's so hard to say with drugs like coke bc you never know how pure it is. Usually, you can do quite a bit of her till you gotta worry, but I've come across some a couple times that must've been a bit more pure than most. Bought a 40 and it lasted me 2 nights kinda good (I used to IV nearly an 8 ball a day).
Also, sometimes it's cut with amphetamines, caffeine, and other otc stims.

I've done an 8 ball with one other person but never by myself, I'd agree with the above poster stick one gram a session

Even a gram in a night is a lot if you're not used to it. Figure 100mg intial then ~50mg line every 30 minutes to preserve the feeling. Any more for someone naive and you're pushing it imo. Just listen to your body and try to maintain the feeling you want. Be with people though, because you'll get bored quickly by yourself, it's a social drug.

Cocaine is not 100% pure. Cocaine is very dangerous in high doses. High doses vary between people, depending on tolerance, body weight, concomitant other drug use, ambient temperature, cardiovascular health, genetic conditions, physical fitness, method of administration, etc.

I know about snorting. Again, purity is the wild card. Pure cocaine will kill you in doses as low as 100s mgs, maybe less. Good thing coke is usually no more than 30-40% pure at rec use level. The acute symptoms of "too much."

"Larger doses cause hyperthermia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, chest pain, tachycardia, ventricular arrhythmia, hypertension, extreme anxiety, agitation, hallucination, mydriasis."

I think chest pains, extreme anxiety, respiratory overdrive, are signs of overdose. I don't use overdose lightly. I have a mg scale, and I take bumps of 20-25 mg every 45 mins to 1 hour when I do it.

"it's fun except for the last two-three hours when my heart starts beating relatively fast and when I get occasional chest pains. Sometimes my arms will turn purple on the tricep region but I've noticed this happens with other substances as well and when I get cold. I have gotten very anxious and paranoid certain times which I think contributed to the high heart rate and chest pain. My biggest concern is a heart attack but I just don't see it happening."

You describe typical signs of acute overdose. You can have a heart attack with cocaine no matter what your rationalizations. High anxiety is a hallmark of overdose. Chest pains, severely impaired blood perfusion, and thoughts of infallibility. Reckless, reckless brew.

Get a mg scale. Take 20 mg bumps every one hour. Do not consume alcohol or marijuana. Use other drugs only to ease the physical side effects (e.g. benzodiazepines and sedatives). Do not take benzos to the point you're able to take more coke and more coke while you think you're not in danger; covering the warning signs and physical symptoms doesn't rectify the internal chaos. It just tricks you into accumulating very dangerous doses that may suddenly overwhelm you with a very serious health crisis.

Avoid other stimulants. Know the warning signs of excess use such as feeling very hot, your breathing getting labored, your heart rate thumping your upper chest, throbbing in your temples from capillaries under pressure, sudden twitching and muscle contractions, feeling strapped taut (too much tone and rigidity in your body). Do not consume alcohol while using. It prolongs the half life and elevates the risks. Do not smoke weed; it can amplify tachcardia to dangerous degree. Do not smoke cigarettes! Cigarettes and Coke are a deadly combo.

Ok ladies and gentleman;
How much is too much cocaine. If you have read my username you are either thinking bullshit or wtf! Ur mad!
Well if you said the first you are wrong if you thought and said the second you are right. I have infact done a whole once to myself within 24 hours. Was this a smart idea? I found out later the next day no it was not. Because upon continuing to use another few balls and keeping myself at short circuit status as I call it was very dangerous!
I had a major seizure almost two minutes in length. And blacked out for over 30 minutes and did not wake up until on my way to the er.

So to answer your question and aid in safe usage please if you reach the point where mid speech your sentences and mind short circuit just like a robot would do not freak out but in stead hydrate, relaxe, and quit putting cocaine in your fucking nose! Short circuiting nervous system and speech is a point close to death.

No need for more than a gram ime. Depending on your ROA that can go up or down. If I'm snorting, I just hit a fat line once. I rather split a gram into oral doses and combine when sufficiently buzzed on alcohol. Maybe a benzo beforehand to keep things level.

Any more than that, my experience is drowned by the negative effects of cocaine such as the obsession to re-dose etc..

So you're young and healthy so there shouldn't be much risk of a one off heart related issue. That said your comment about your arm going blue and having chest pains is a worry. Anxiety and paranoia is more typical. Your idea of giving yourself weeks to recover is unnecessary, you pretty much recover immediately. The trouble is that this is a compulsive drug. If you enjoy it you're likely to want to do it regularly despite the cost, the practically of it or anyone else's appetite for it.

I was told by a medical professional that the max amount of Cocaine that can be safely used medically speaking in a night is one and a half grams. I've said this before on BL when i was 21 at VIP room in a nightclub i snorted a eight ball all to myself in a matter of couple hours. I can't remember the exact period of time it took me to snort all that Coke but i remember it was one of the most intense high's i have ever experienced. I didin't really experience any significant negative side-affects in the short term on the night i snorted the 3.5 grams of Cocaine but i distinctly remember wanting to use more Cocaine at the end of the night in the early morning when i sobered up which goes to show how much of a beast the drug Cocaine is.

1.5 grams in one night? If that were true, alot more people would be dead including me

I was told by a medical professional that the max amount of Cocaine that can be safely used medically speaking in a night is one and a half grams. I've said this before on BL when i was 21 at VIP room in a nightclub i snorted a eight ball all to myself in a matter of couple hours. I can't remember the exact period of time it took me to snort all that Coke but i remember it was one of the most intense high's i have ever experienced. I didin't really experience any significant negative side-affects in the short term on the night i snorted the 3.5 grams of Cocaine but i distinctly remember wanting to use more Cocaine at the end of the night in the early morning when i sobered up which goes to show how much of a beast the drug Cocaine is.
3.5grams in one night = cut to shit coke. The coke i get and i pay a premium for the best a gram will last a night. Easy. Its not that fiendy when its high purity. 100 mg to start in two lines spread over 20 min then 50mg - 100mg lines every hour or so depending how i feel.

Ok ladies and gentleman;
How much is too much cocaine. If you have read my username you are either thinking bullshit or wtf! Ur mad!
Well if you said the first you are wrong if you thought and said the second you are right. I have infact done a whole once to myself within 24 hours. Was this a smart idea? I found out later the next day no it was not. Because upon continuing to use another few balls and keeping myself at short circuit status as I call it was very dangerous!
I had a major seizure almost two minutes in length. And blacked out for over 30 minutes and did not wake up until on my way to the er.

So to answer your question and aid in safe usage please if you reach the point where mid speech your sentences and mind short circuit just like a robot would do not freak out but in stead hydrate, relaxe, and quit putting cocaine in your fucking nose! Short circuiting nervous system and speech is a point close to death.

This is obviously an extreme example. Obviously the danger is dependent on how pure the gear was and what it was cut with. I've done my best to do as much as possible in the past and at around 3 or 4 grams my nose stops working. This is due to the fact that coke enlarges the blood vessels in your nose to the post that it is effectively blocked (in fact surgeons use a type of liquid cocaine in open nose surgeries to stem blood flow.) the point is, if you genuinely can take as much as that in an evening and don't suffer anxiety from it then fair enough - the trouble is that people who do go to that extreme do so due to compulsive anxiety which is never enjoyable....

i can use up to 8 ball a day, at least 70% pure. (south america)

but i have seen guys doing 1g and never waking up anymore.

it really depends on your body and experience, any amount of cocaine can be very dangerous.

3.5grams in one night = cut to shit coke.

I used to think the same when I rarely did coke.
Then I was doing 3.5g in one night weekly.
The most I did was 9g.

It was amazing shit, not that shitty euro coke, this was special.
But just like anything else tolerance and life happen and you can find yourself doing amazingly stupidly amounts.

I've taken a good long multi month break and have been feeling like being broke again :\

I used to think the same when I rarely did coke.
Then I was doing 3.5g in one night weekly.
The most I did was 9g.

It was amazing shit, not that shitty euro coke, this was special.
But just like anything else tolerance and life happen and you can find yourself doing amazingly stupidly amounts.

I've taken a good long multi month break and have been feeling like being broke again :\

wow man 9g? fucking high tolerance up the roof, if you were here probably wouldn't be alive to tell the history.

Hey old ass thread don't even know if this site is active..but I just did a teener first time in a few years. Did it all fairly quick prolly 4 hours...now my arms and legs won't stop twitching..never had this happen before..should I be concerned,,,?

Status
Not open for further replies.