PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

how many shrooms without tolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allnamestaken

Greenlighter
Would say 12 small to medium caps be enough? There is no way of weighing it so just wondering if it would give someone an experience or not

Depends on the specific kind you have, the age of the mushrooms at time of harvest, size....

There is not really much way to tell how many individual mushrooms you should take. He'll, sometimes even weighing them isn't perfectly predictable because of variance in potency from mushroom to mushroom.

They aren't like say.. hawaiian baby wood rose seeds where a number of specific seeds can determine the approximate intensity of the experience.

Be very very careful. If these are wild grown I advise to absolutely not eat them unless you're 100% sure of the breed (which I don't think you know since you didn't state in your post)

You haven't specified what type of mushrooms you're picking, nor a measurement for what you mean by "medium size", and whether they are wet or dry. Without this information someone can't even offer a wild guess really.

That said, you should dry the mushrooms and weigh them with a scale. In general when people talk about mushroom dosage they talk in dry weight. I.e. if someone says they're taking an 3.5g they're taking 3.5g of dried out mushrooms, rather than 3.5g of fresh, or some unknown rough amount of picked mushrooms that haven't been weighed.

If you're in the EU and dealing with "Liberty caps" i.e. Psilocybe Semilanceata then 10-30 caps tends to be a normal dose depending on the size, but it's better to weigh your dose than be surprised by an underwhelming or overwhelming experience.

the Penis Envy booms Ive been hording are strong enough that anything more than a GRAM is way way way too much....and Ive been eating these for years.

threshold dose is POINT FOUR.

This question is unanswerable.

Scales are cheap. Get one, or don't and play mushroom roulette.
In my experience a half gram difference is enough to go from "fun colors" to "cosmic revelation," and you can't eyeball weight with shrooms in my opinion. Sometimes the same weight looks totally different. Sometimes the same weight feels totally different.

The other posters are right: there is no way to tell, please get a scale and weigh the mushrooms when fresh or cracker-dry, nothing inbetween. You can use the Erowid website to check experience reports and info on dosage, or come back to our forum when you have more info.

I don't know if you found them but if you got them from someone, did you not get help / info / instructions. If you did hunt for them, be careful and make sure they are the right species.

We understand you would like to know what you can do with them, but it's just not really possible. If you have anything to ask or add that matters / changes anything, you may PM a mod. You can also create a new thread if it has a clear premise / question and enough info for people to answer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.