• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many of you are Perscribed Tramadol

Hey, I was prescribed Tramadol 50mg to use in conjunction with Hydrocodone. My doctor gave this to me to try and help give me longer pain relief. I found Tramadol was not effective and after researching it taking a partial mu agonist with a full agonist is not going to work. So my dose was 100mg of Tramadol or two tablets per 8 hours as needed in rotation with hydrocodone... Well after stopping Hydrocodone for a 2 weeks and giving the Tramadol a try and even at higher dosages of 300mg I found it was totally ineffective for myself. Sure it provide a small amount of euphoric mood but without pain relief what use is it when the primary purpose for me was pain relief period...

Even packaging labels today are saying its a full agonist.. its not! It is a partial mu agonist and a very weak one at that!

Generic Ultram @50mg. Best "opioid" for social and even work function IMO. Even 3 months into using 50mg still is pretty nice calm buzz. And for me I start having a fever and fever induced hallucinations at 300mg, probably from SS lol

Surprisingly I've found that IV Dilaudid and Morphine don't affect me as they do others, I don't Get that heavy nod feeling, yet, ironically, I enjoy Tramadol MORE than Hydro or Oxy. Hydro and Oxy are more intense but Tram is overall better IMO.

Maybe my metabolism processes tramadol into morphine(or the actual chemical that triggers my Mu receptor in my brain, kinda forgot the name of that) better than other peoples(?)
Guess my body is weird that way.
And also the withadrawls from Tramadol are a slap on the wrist compared to stronger, truer opiates. Some benzos, weed. alchohol, and a few days of from responsibility and I'm all better.
Wish that other people could have the relationship I have with Tramadol haha

Tramadol - 100mg 3x/day. There's absolutely ZERO "buzz" or feeling of well-being, etc. I do take prescribed Neurontin 800mg 3x/day as well. Neurontin changed my life, as it stops the constant anxiety and panic attacks that I've had my entire life.

It is life-changing for me to be able to make decisions that aren't directly in correlation with anxiety and panic. I only wish that I had been taking these my entire life as it would've been different in many ways. Hey, I'm blessed I found it at all. It was really by accident.

What is the question? Just do any of us have Tramadol prescribed and what mg and dosage? Abused, don't look a gift-horse in the mouth!! If you metabolize your weak m eds into a great thing, well then that worked out well for ya!! It doesn't affect many the way you describe.

Hey, I was prescribed Tramadol 50mg to use in conjunction with Hydrocodone. My doctor gave this to me to try and help give me longer pain relief. I found Tramadol was not effective and after researching it taking a partial mu agonist with a full agonist is not going to work. So my dose was 100mg of Tramadol or two tablets per 8 hours as needed in rotation with hydrocodone... Well after stopping Hydrocodone for a 2 weeks and giving the Tramadol a try and even at higher dosages of 300mg I found it was totally ineffective for myself. Sure it provide a small amount of euphoric mood but without pain relief what use is it when the primary purpose for me was pain relief period...

Even packaging labels today are saying its a full agonist.. its not! It is a partial mu agonist and a very weak one at that!

Why do you say it is a partial agonist?

At first I was getting this amazing euphoria comparable to a high amount of oxy say 30mg it was a energetic but smooth transition also the pain relief was so good I've been prescribed for 6 months and I just got my new prescription and it just doesn't feel the same before after I got all euphoric and social I would take 3 more so 400 mg and have intense nods now all I'm getting is motivation slight /weak/euphoria and pain relief at 400 at one time sometimes I take 450 but always take 2 0.5 klonopin with it could it be the batch or the fact that I've been recreationally doing high amounts of oxy 10mg for a short 2 week period about 8 a day then went back on my tramadol. So I'm curious as to know how fast tramadol tolerance can be

How is only a partial mu with all the new research it's a full agonist it's not partial with the fact it's it's a my agonist and a snri

No I understand where your coming from I find it really enjoyable but I think my tolerance has gone up but I must agree I work like hell! I bust my ass at work on this stuff and I'm extremely social and active and my feet never hurt this is only at 400 at one time I take mine before I go to work
Generic Ultram @50mg. Best "opioid" for social and even work function IMO. Even 3 months into using 50mg still is pretty nice calm buzz. And for me I start having a fever and fever induced hallucinations at 300mg, probably from SS lol

Surprisingly I've found that IV Dilaudid and Morphine don't affect me as they do others, I don't Get that heavy nod feeling, yet, ironically, I enjoy Tramadol MORE than Hydro or Oxy. Hydro and Oxy are more intense but Tram is overall better IMO.

Maybe my metabolism processes tramadol into morphine(or the actual chemical that triggers my Mu receptor in my brain, kinda forgot the name of that) better than other peoples(?)
Guess my body is weird that way.
And also the withadrawls from Tramadol are a slap on the wrist compared to stronger, truer opiates. Some benzos, weed. alchohol, and a few days of from responsibility and I'm all better.
Wish that other people could have the relationship I have with Tramadol haha

I'm not 'scribed it, but I have it year round without quantity limits. It's a wonder-drug for me, personally. It's my anti-depressant/anxiety, stimulant and relaxant all rolled into one.

Well yes the new research claims its a full agonist and has dual pain inhibiting properties which it does. Perhaps this is the reason also my doctor prescribed me it to give me a drug with a longer half life and perhaps to get better relief of pain. Unfortunately it did not work and I still feel Tramadol is not as strong as Codeine for myself, even if conversion charts claim otherwise. Like I say each person reacts differently to each opioid and while one may work or have a said effect, its that small change on the molecule and its unique way it binds to the receptor and such that make each one unique.

ToBe, I found the same thing. Its not the BATCH, its the generic suppliers. It just stopped working. I received Amneal, a generic Ultram/tramadol it was CANDY. Than my next refill was with Teva which always worked ....CANDY, once again. I am now waiting for the original Jansen Ultram. I AM AT A LOSS if this doesn't work. It used to fix the pain, give me energy and keep me focused. I was a virual work horse from 9am til the next day on 100mg and some coffee. I never had to up the dose but I also only took it 3 x a week at the most.
What have they done to our supply of useful meds?????? No one will admit to changing the formula. I patiently await my new script.

tramadol is a shit drug and i will never take it again!

I agree it's a shit drug to me as well, no pain relief nor rec for me
I first got a taste of this when I broke my hand.... A bottle of jack did more than tramadol

I was prescribed 50mg of Tramadol to take three times a day, and I will say I only had the script for a short period of time. Not only did it not provide much relief for the curvature in my spine and other back pain, but it doesn't provide for a good recreational experience for me at all either.

I'd recommend it for mild pain, but nothing more. It just isn't worth it to me, I prefer Vicodin.