• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How many of you are non-drinkers?

I've always considered 'smashed' a borderline term for on drinking to the edge of control.

Unable to walk without holding on to something or going very very slowly, and if I were to take one more shot/gulp I'd probably have thrown up. That's my definition of smashed in reference to those 6 times.

I think I have been drunk once my entire life. I love psychedelics, but I hate the way alcohol make me feel; foggy, slow, and unable think straight. I want my mind to be clear and sharp. LSD and DMT make me feels very "clear" as opposed to the swimming dizziness of alcohol.

I also think alcohol is a very messy and gross drug. The smell, the puke, the slurred speech...can't stand the stuff.

Can we get married?

I drink very rarely, having 6 total drinks over the first semester of my freshman year in college. I've been really drunk once before and it ended in puking. At almost any level of consumption I'll get a not so nice headache and the positive effects are grossly overpowered. Plus even if I don't get it I just feel stupid in an unpleasant way, no possibility for insights, just dumb. I like weed and love psychedelics and see no reason to use Alcohol when I can get a similar body-high with MXE and less of a fog.

Out of all the drugs i have done/abused/seen abused......alcohol takes the cake. Im good one second the next im Arfing my guts out. I loved drinking when i was 14 and 15. But ever since the summer me and my cousin filled 2 garbage bags full of empty liquor bottles i havent been able to drink worth a shit. Unless i add a couple Addy to the mix8o SO YES I CONSDIER MYSELF A NONDRINKER!!!!! Consdiering my whole famly drinks everyday and do not=D

i used to drink extremely heavily all throughout high school and the first two years of college. it lead to so many embarrassing, and physically and emotionally harmful situations.

since i discovered opiates i pretty much went stone cold sober with drinks, but i still enjoy a 40 oz. every once in awhile. being drunk just feels so dirty and disorienting, like i've lost all control of my motor skills and mouth. i haven't gotten properly drunk since my 21st birthday, which was a year ago.

I honastly thought I couldnt quit drinking.
I hardly ever drank hard stuff, just beer...a TON of beer.
I stopped once for a month back in '83 when I took some ludes and dfrank a snootfull.
I was sooo sick that I stopped, but started up again.
5 Years ago I was taking 10 mg valium for sleeping.
Well, I started drinking on a sunday morning and took 22 of the pills and drank 6-8
imprted lagers.
I called my doc up and told him what I had done
and he sent an ambulance.
They made me eat that messy charcoal and stay the night in a room with nothing except a reclianer
chair.
They LOCKED me in, boy that sure pissed me off.
I had to convince several doctors that I wasnt trying to kill myself.
I wasnt, just liked the high, until I got scared anyway.
But man, was I HIGH!.
Since that day, I havnt had a drink of any kind.
The only time I miss one is after I mow the lawn.
Hot and sweaty, then that cold beer, ahh...
Sorry it took so long to say "I dont"

Dave

I fucking love drinking ! I drank most days since 13 , every day since 15 , slowed down abit at 16 when I got addicted to ice , now I'm back to drinking most days . But I moved and I haven't been drinking much , I miss my baby :(

The only thing more annoying than the anti-drug drinker is the anti-drinking drug user. You're all fucking losers.

:)

The only thing better than a good alcohol intoxication is spinning in circles and getting punched in the face with a rock.
Less hangover as well.

Alcohol was the first drug I enjoyed, I really loved it as a teenager. I would drink 1-2 times a month at parties, and had a blast! Then I drank 15 shots in 30 mins in senior year of HS, blacked out, and developed an aversion to alcohol for the rest of my senior year. I would drink 2-4 times a year until I got arrested, and then I immediately gave up weed and started drinking every day to deal with legal trouble anxiety. I enjoyed it a lot until 2 months of daily drinking when I was prescribed Valium, so I just quit alcohol.

After having been dependant on benzos and soma for 8-10 months, alcohol gives me terrible rebound anxiety, enough so that's it's not even worth the short-lived high. Now, whenever I have a couple of drinks, it makes a lot of sense to supplement it with low dose Xanax or Valium.

Lately, now that I have more access to benzos than usual, I find myself not wanting to drink at all, and I used to (and still do) love the taste of premium beers, especially those from Stone Brewery and Bear Republic breweries.

i hate drinking and all the drama that usually comes with it.. dont get me wrong when i was in highschool i drank all the time but i dont think ive touched alcohol in like 4 years and dont plan on it anytime soon

I completely hate Alcohol and its ruined my life directly and indirectly. Ive been on way too many Alcohol binges throughout the past 5 years. My mom has been an alcoholic for as long as I can remember. Nothing positive has come from Alcohol at all in my life. It seems to do nothing to me now. 750ml of Jack Daniels, and I was only slightly buzzed for 30min then sober. All that happens to me from Alcohol is insomnia, fatigue the next 3 days, and I feel like I killed half of my brain cells. So I can seriously say that Im over Alcohol, for the most part. I know Ill drink every once in a while for certain occasions, but I dont plan on drinking more than 4 times a year.

I've only once got to the point of uncontrollable passing out, covering yourself in black puke and lying poisoned on the floor and that was the first time I ever got drunk.

I've never ever come across another drug that will make every corner of your body feel so poisoned if you over do it.

I've about an identical mindset to yours. Only got really sick once and that was the first time I drank at 15. I've always considered it such a ridiculously overrated way to socialize. Perhaps just the way it effects me, it's genetics, it just makes me tired and my face gets red flush. In my previous career that took place mostly in club settings when I would get bought a drink I would sip out of politeness but could never fathom coughing up paying hard cash for such a heinous tasting way to drowsiness and a headache when I wake up.

Fuck that, no thanks. So if someone bothers asking me what I'll have I always set it straight I don't drink. Funny when it gets people making assumptions I'm a straightedge that would spurn the finer things in life. 8)

Alcohol is tricky. It really sucks compared to other drugs but its cheap, available and regulated.

That being said, I drink on a regular basis. It wasn't the first drug I tried though...
AGREED, It's dependent on availability. Easy to say never again when H is readily available, but many struggle with that. I feel it's a shiity way to avoid boredom and to somewhat zone out. I hate it but partake regularly when opiates are not available

I hate drinking alcohol. It tastes like horse semen, it makes me all bloated. I just generally feel gross while drinking.

Then there's the psychoactive effects. Stumbling around, everything spinning, inability to construct a proper sentence.

Then the next day, feel like I got hit my a freight train.

No thanks, I don't even like being around drunk people for that matter. I much prefer stimulant drugs, and getting high with friends doing stimulants. We can actually have an intellectual conversation, or play a game of pool, or pack the bong without spilling it.

I used to only drink with blow, but I can't even do that anymore even the scent of alcohol makes me sick. If I ever want that "drunk" feeling, I'll toss in a little like of ketamine at the end of my coke rail. I much prefer to use K than alcohol, since you sober up off the K in ~45mins and there is no "hit by a train" hangover the next day. Love it.

I just don't like alcohol. It's really gross. I'm not against it or anything. Like if you decide to drink, that's cool, but I probably won't. I mean, I might have a cooler or something. Or one of those fruit drinks that is like .0000001% alcohol and a heck of a lot of sugar :p. Those taste nice. Heheh.

i almost always would take other drugs over alcohol, but if i can't find anything else, than i drink like a fish!

alcohol sucks as a drug.
however the occasional monk brewed beer is nice with a meal.

I hate drinking alcohol. It tastes like horse semen, it makes me all bloated. I just generally feel gross while drinking.

Then there's the psychoactive effects. Stumbling around, everything spinning, inability to construct a proper sentence.

Then the next day, feel like I got hit my a freight train.

You do realize you don't have to drink that much, right? The enjoyable effects peak when one is slightly tipsy if you ask me, any more than that is inadvisable.

I try not to drink more than a pint (err not a real pint since things have gone metric, but 375mL) of 80 proof liquor in an evening, if I start immediately after dinner. I sort of drift between drinking and sobriety phases, on a sober one currently. Booze is great since it can be reliably euphoric, is cheap, and is pretty damn hard to develop physical addiction to. GHB/GBL is emphatically preferable though, but alas, haven't had any of that since 2010...