• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many mg should a first timer take

yeetgod

Greenlighter
I recently got 2 2mg bars and want to try them but I don't want to blackout and do a backflip or someshit I just want to feel something. What dosage should I take to just feel it and not blackout??

I recently got 2 2mg bars and want to try them but I don't want to blackout and do a backflip or someshit I just want to feel something. What dosage should I take to just feel it and not blackout??

A standard therapeutic dose of Alprazolam is 0.5 mg. You'd definitely feel 1 mg.

The thing about benzodiazepines is that they're not really all that "euphoric". They're mostly considered "recreational" by people who are...
...suffering from chronic anxiety and are grateful for any kind of relief
-or-
...using them to potentiate various opioids (which might make you stop breathing) or soften the comedown from stimulants (which leads to even more dishibited behavior)
-or-
...actually looking forward to blacking out and doing backflips

Alprazolam can be a very "functional" drug when used responsibly/sparingly. Abuse them regularly, and you'll develop a physiological dependence and do a million things you'll quickly come to regret, which leads to taking more xanax.
Chance the Rapper once called Xanax "the polar opposite to the NZT", NZT being the wonder drug from the movie "Limitless" that makes a human being the smartest, all-around best version of themselves.

Again, I *really* wouldn't to go over 1 mg for your first time. The thing about benzos is that you quickly forget how many you've had, do not realize how f'ed up you are, or just do not give a fuck any more, so the risk of going through your whole stash and blacking out rises exponentially once you reach "recreational" territory.

Only do a half bar for your first time, but honestly if you've never done them before you're probably gonna black out anyway. Take it when you are with friends. First time I ever did Xanax I took one 1 mg bar, lost my phone at a party, and slept like a dead person for 12 hours.

My first dose of any benzo was a .5 football of Xanax. I passed out at 8:00 pm at night at a kick back with my homies, they poured water on me, fucked with me, but I wouldn’t wake up.
I ended waking up the next morning sorta wet (not like that) and it was like 8-9 am early, everyone around was passed out. I completely missed the entire Friday night fun I was looking forward to.
Of course that could just be me and I was 16 at the time, but be careful

Yes, .5 is a good dose, even .25 for the very first time if you are worried about the effects and how you will respond. Anyways, you do not want to get to the point where you can get to 2mg and function normally, because then you are dependant and need it, and/or have a problem.

When alprazolam is new it feels fun. Once you become adjusted to it you lose most of that pleasant feeling.

It depends on what youre trying to achieve. If you just wanna sit on the couch, eat junk food w/o a care in the world then take 1. if you wanna actually wanna FELL it start at 2mg.

IF you take the two:
1. Do NOT Drive
2. Do NOT eat with your hands
3. Be ready to clean your house up when you sober up

-Have Fun
-MF4M

I am going to echo what others have said. Everyone is different obviously, so you have to approach situations like this conservatively. If you really are trying not to blackout and have no experience with Benzodiazepines, I really think you should start with .5mg (one quarter of a bar), see how this effects you, and if you can handle it without being too intoxicated, you can ingest another .5mg (half a bar total). I really think that you should not exceed 1mg though, especially for your first time.

Now, if one is accustomed to Benzodiazepines, like myself for instance, would take 2mg to attain a noticeable buzz; take 3mg to get buzzed as if I've had some drinks and 4mg is the sort of the event horizon, as it were, for entering blackout. Blackouts don't happen slowly, with you aware, one moment your good and the next moment, you come to somewhere else. Sometimes you come to in jail, so be careful.

As others have said start very small. Tolerance builds quickly with benzos so if you go straight in with a higher dose than you really needed to feel nice then you will have to take that higher dose again. Once you're at that point a smaller dose wont really do much.

Word of advice, if you do like the feeling of xanax then give it AT LEAST 1 week between taking the drug. If you take it more frequently than this then you're tolerance will quickly rise and you're at risk of becoming physically addicted. Which is not cool (believe me).

I had to learn the hard way. After years of abuse I was eating 500mg + diazepam a day and still functioning fine (work etc). Moderation is key.