• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How many days In the UK can you go without picking up your methadone

raising_da_piggy

Bluelighter
This week I was late by one day picking up my methadone, instead of picking up Tuesday I picked up Wednesday, so I had enough for Wednesday Thursday and Friday. Will I be able to pick up the usual dose on Monday witch will see me through to Tuesday?

Speak to your doctor/pharmacist and be honest I'm sure they won't see you go sick

You picked up already right? Since you picked up wednesday if you haven't missed any pick up days since, you will get the normal amount I would imagine next time you go as well.

If you indeed did miss 3-4 days of straight dosing, good chance they will lower the dose a bit. That is going to all be up to the specific nurse / pharmacist dosing you.

Full opie withdrawal doesn't kick in for about two days. With methadone... way longer than that even. I know the perpetual fear of withdrawal is strong enough to make full-on panic mode kick in if you miss a dose.. but people also know what happens when someone isn't able to get their methadone. They should help you out I'd imagine.

I've found I can go at least two days w/o my dose before I start to feel any withdrawal, and even after that it comes on much more slowly than heroin or fent w/d but also lasts 10x longer

Thanks folks, I actually just got confused and thought it was a different day, I actually picked up on Friday ( 4 days worth ) my heads gone....I never no what day it is any more, must have narcosis! Lol

Here in the US when I was starting to ween off I got enough for 2 weeks at a time. They would give you more bottles if you were passing your drug tests.

Thanks folks, I actually just got confused and thought it was a different day, I actually picked up on Friday ( 4 days worth ) my heads gone....I never no what day it is any more, must have narcosis! Lol

Yeh, I thought there was something wrong with your question, it didn't make sense. When I was on methadone, if you missed 3 days you pretty much had to start over again on the lowest dose. I don't know if its the same now though.

(I'm in the UK as well)

3 days was standard from what i've seen, in a few places throughout UK. though now with COVID its all different not sure how thats working in terms of when you have to pick up your script. i don't know how missing a day affects it, i never heard of someone on daily pickup being denied just cos they had missed a day.

yup here in Ontario Canada its 3 days. if ur at 120 mg and miss 3 days you start all over from 20-30 mg......I in fact know several people who use morphine and hydromorphone etc IV, and they have scripts for low dose methadone, like 20-30 mgs. they go once every 3 days. the reasoning being that they can continue to shoot dope, and if they cant get any they have a decent little methadone fix to tide them over. also in case of incarceration. if they get arrested and put in jail they wont have to face full on withdrawal since they legally have an Rx for 30 mg of methadone. and ya they just go in monday, thursday, saturday type thing.....if they cant get dope sometimes you see them there a whole week straight then they drift off again

Yes folks it's 3 days with out pick up and your fucked, I've noticed the start again thing too which seems to have manifested around the UK. I'm on 105 mg ! Which means I don't get much of opiates ! Probs still have a good snow ball.... I tend not too though as I seem to get financially abused each and every time I get involved with that muck. Perhaps I'll emphasize on that last note; muck ! It's muck that will kill you easily !
The hole sherbang reminds me of death!