• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How many days can I take clonazepam before I get withdrawal when i stop?

tarman

Bluelighter
To start with, I'll say that I have never done benzos to any great extent. I've gotten a hold of Xanax and Klonopin a few times but just a few pills. I've taken about 1 mg of clonazepam for the past 4 days and I'm just wondering like how many days could I take it in a row and then stop and be okay? I've got tons of gabapentin and I've got kratom.

I guess I should back up. I got hooked on some research chemical that didn't even show up as fent for like a month, used buprenorphine for 2 weeks and tapered down. For the last 4 days, I've been taking the clonazepams, 1 mg a day at night and I jumped off the bupe about 2 days ago.

I'm rambling in this may not make much sense but I'm just curious how long I can take the Clonazepam and then be able to stop it. Like I said I've got lots of gabapentin so maybe I could take that?

TL;DR how long does it take of taking clonazepam before a withdrawal will set in if stopped abruptly?

7-10 days of consistent usage of a moderate dosage can produce symptoms of Benzodiazepine withdrawal. These symptoms are usually pretty mild. I've been through it myself. I was in a psych ward once where they were giving me 4mg Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril). I took this dose for about two weeks and had no prior dependence at that time.

The first day, all day felt like I had had too much caffeine. I was nervous, anxious and just couldn't relax. Anyway, by the following day the symptoms were pretty much gone.\

So I would say the answer is ~2 weeks of daily usage to produce a significant rebound. I'd say it probably takes ~3 months of consistent usage to have yourself firmly entrenched in the dependency.
'

Thank you. That seems to track with my previous experience with Xanax, where I did it everyday before bed for like a week, and then when I stopped I noticed a little bit of unpleasantness. However, it was nothing compared to opiate withdrawal, which I've been through a zillion times. I've also got some gabapentin so if I feel unpleasant, I can pop a couple of those.