• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

how many 60 mg dxm 1200 mg guaifenesin to trip?

not worth it at all. guaifenesin is some nasty stuff and even x2 1200mg doses might make you sick.

Two of those pills would be a slight first plateau trip, but three would make sure you feel the effects.

I can't tell you how much to take based on the fact that you've taken DXM before, just in another form. How many mg did you take? Was it Dextromethorphan Polistirex (extended-release) or Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide? (fast-acting, the stuff you want.) Once I know a little bit about your background, I can give you a good range of what to take.

What you have is Mucinex DM, which contains the expectorant Guaifenesin. Guaifenesin encourages mucus production by making it more thin and therefore easier to cough up. High doses of this causes nausea and vomiting which can be severe. Although this isn't to say you can bypass the nausea and not get sick; some people can handle the added expectorant without any adverse effects. But 2,400mg is the daily limit and who knows what could happen exceeding that limit, especially at doses made for a second/third plateau trip.

Robitussin Cough long-acting liquid gels come in a bottle of 20 pills each containing 15mg of DXM. This is suitable for a decent second plateau trip. The same thing also exists in liquid form if you prefer to go that route. I suggest not taking the Mucinex and getting one of these products. Your chances of nausea and vomiting are greatly reduced.