• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How low will my tolerance be after 2 years?

K12

Bluelighter
O.K. guys and gals so I was a big time user of Vicodin and Oxycodone. I was taking them several times a week for about 5 years. Got up to 75 mg of hydrocodone a day and if I wasn't on that I'd be taking 50 mg of oxycodone a day. This went on for 5 years!

Now does anyone know what my tolerance is like now, after not touching ANY opiods for 2 whole years? I want to go back to my old ways and just chug down 4 of the watson 1,000's (40 mg hydrocodone) which back in the day, was a nice buzz but I was still functional. Does anyone have a good idea of what to expect for tolerance levels to hydros now? Thanks peeps.

Over 2 years and I'd assume so but like LostBoys said, you would really have to find out for yourself.

Over 2 years and I'd assume so but like LostBoys said, you would really have to find out for yourself.

Hmmm.... it's weird. I remeber when I was flying high from just one (yes only one) vicodin 7.5/750 mg. Then I needed more until I was taking 4 of the
1,000s at a time. In my mind I feel like I still need 4 of the 1,000s to get me there and this is what I want to take right off the bat even after being off for so long.

The only other thing I took in two years is kratom extract which did absolutely nothing.

Your tolerance should be way down, but you won't ever go back to being an opiate virgin.

Hmmm.... it's weird. I remeber when I was flying high from just one (yes only one) vicodin 7.5/750 mg. Then I needed more until I was taking 4 of the
1,000s at a time. In my mind I feel like I still need 4 of the 1,000s to get me there and this is what I want to take right off the bat even after being off for so long.

The only other thing I took in two years is kratom extract which did absolutely nothing.

LoL, dude, I remember when I took my first Vicodin, it was a 7.5/750 & it was for legitimate pain & I took one & was floating on cloud 9. It was the best feeling. Im sure after a 2 year hiatus, you will be able to get high off two pills but it wont be like the first time imo.

LoL, dude, I remember when I took my first Vicodin, it was a 7.5/750 & it was for legitimate pain & I took one & was floating on cloud 9. It was the best feeling. Im sure after a 2 year hiatus, you will be able to get high off two pills but it wont be like the first time imo.

Haha man I was prescribed 30 mg codeine for a pulled muscle and went to get my leg checked at the hospital. The doc was like "why would someone prescribe you this tylenol 3 - it won't help you. Then the doc gave me a script for 30 7.50/750 hydros and I walked out of the hospital after I took one just barely knowing where I was, exactly like I was on a cloud in heaven. I do want one Vicodin to give me that old powerful "out of this world" feeling again. Heck, I only got up to 4 of the 1,000s to give me maybe 1/2 the out of this world feeling that one 7.5 mg hydro gave.

I would say your right though. Hard to imagine Vicodin doin me that way again.

Dunno if this will help but my tolerance was about 120mg of oxycodone and then I quit cold turkey for exactly 1 year and when I did that first bit of oxy again I tried to start off with 15mg and didn't feel much of anything. It seemed my tolerance never went below 20mg. It also went up back to 120mg very very quickly. I'm saying like within a week I was up to 80mg and by 2 weeks i was at 120mg again.

10mg was the first dose of Hydrocodone I took and I was in pure bliss at that ripe age of 14. Damn, it felt so good.

Dunno if this will help but my tolerance was about 120mg of oxycodone and then I quit cold turkey for exactly 1 year and when I did that first bit of oxy again I tried to start off with 15mg and didn't feel much of anything. It seemed my tolerance never went below 20mg. It also went up back to 120mg very very quickly. I'm saying like within a week I was up to 80mg and by 2 weeks i was at 120mg again.

Dude this is really fucked up. I know dudes are saying that after doin heroin for years and quitting for just 6 months their tolerance is way low. I wonder why after a whole year of abstinance your oxy tolerance is still sky high. Seriously tolerance can't stay high forever. eventually your brain has to readjust. i would think after a couple years my vicodin tolerance should be way low but this makes me think wtf?

^^ Yea tell me about it and it's not something I'm in no way happy or proud of...Kratom was used maybe once a month during that year and tramadol 6 times in a month during the middle of my abstinence.

youre tolerance will be way down.. but i really believe that a certain amount of opiate tolerance lasts for life. thats been my experience anyway.