• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long until Tolerance Drops?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I haven’t took an oxy in about 3 days, and except for small amounts of kratom I was just wondering if my dose would of remained the same, I was taking 15mg but I don’t know if 3 days woulda caused it to come down any

I don't have experience with opiates but I have experience with histamine , you will need 7 days and for benzo you will need month and helf

But tolerance will re developed quickly as for what known by "tachyphylaxis"
Would you guess my dose would still be the same or would you lower it ?

I was off methadone a month and 30mg of oxy got me high
2 months off a point of fent almost wiped me out last night
Be safe

In my experience, 3 days will set you to baseline/no tolerance. Assuming you take a dose or more a day, 5 days should be enough depending on tolerance and your metabolism. I'm an ultra-rapid metabolizer of opiates (incl. oxycodone), so take that for what it's worth. Good luck

In my experience, 3 days will set you to baseline/no tolerance. Assuming you take a dose or more a day, 5 days should be enough depending on tolerance and your metabolism. I'm an ultra-rapid metabolizer of opiates (incl. oxycodone), so take that for what it's worth. Good luck
Ok would you say take what I took before my dose jumped to 15 ?

Probably so I’m too paranoid to enjoy it though lol I’m taking 10. Lol
This is the post that makes me not wanna toe that line

Ok would you say take what I took before my dose jumped to 15 ?
How long did it take for you to get to 15mg? I'm assuming you started with 5mg, but I don't know. I think I'd just further space out the doses till you got 15mg in a day. You could take a day off here and there but that wouldn't do anything for me, personally

3 days is nothing .. yeah you will still be at 15 mg it just might feel a little better more euphoric.. Or just do 10 and see how that feels . It would take months of nothing for 15 to be too much . Kratom also adds to the tolerance .

Yeah I took a 10 and half of the five I have left over so Atleast it’s relatively safe.

How long did it take for you to get to 15mg? I'm assuming you started with 5mg, but I don't know. I think I'd just further space out the doses till you got 15mg in a day. You could take a day off here and there but that wouldn't do anything for me, personally
Yeah it took me a while I’m sensitive to oxycodone or a super metabolism I’m not sure all I know is that when I take it it effects me a lot stronger then other people. I feel like I can’t stay awake past 15mg and even 15mg gets me still good

Yeah it took me a while I’m sensitive to oxycodone or a super metabolism I’m not sure all I know is that when I take it it effects me a lot stronger then other people. I feel like I can’t stay awake past 15mg and even 15mg gets me still good
I never stacked doses but I did take them pretty often when I had access to about 1 every 4-6 like directed. I never really caught a buzz I guess but I felt good all day. I’m so scared of falling asleep on opiates

I don't have experience with opiates but I have experience with histamine , you will need 7 days and for benzo you will need month and helf

But tolerance will re developed quickly as for what known by "tachyphylaxis"
This is something many people don't realize.
How your system responds to a stimulus depends on how often you repeated this process before, and how intense that prolonged stimulus was. From work I know this with specific Antidepressants. Usually, after some time, they will almost completely lose their effect, even if they have been exchanged for another Antidepressant for some time, once you go back to the original one the tolerance will just skyrocket in a few days.

With opioids Tachyphylaxis is supremely strong. You will be back to your old habit and beyond very fast, could be a matter of hours, or even just from your first dose, no matter how often or how long you withdraw. You have modified your opioid receptors by taking them, and they will not forget, even if your tolerance is down. It will just skyrocket once you start taking it again.

With opioids Tachyphylaxis is supremely strong. You will be back to your old habit and beyond very fast, could be a matter of hours, or even just from your first dose, no matter how often or how long you withdraw. You have modified your opioid receptors by taking them, and they will not forget, even if your tolerance is down. It will just skyrocket once you start taking it again.
So true.

Every body is different. December Flower is absolutely right in that there are numerous variables. No one can tell you what is safe for you right now.
For me, I build tolerance quickly. I took many months off heroin (After a decade addiction) and 30 mg oxy insufflated did nothing . The body remembers 👀

I believe tachyphylaxis is more similar, specifically in the acute stage, to desensitization than actual tolerance.

I believe tachyphylaxis is more similar, specifically in the acute stage, to desensitization than actual tolerance.
Yes, it's also called "acute drug desensitization"
Effectively how fast your tolerance will rebuild.