• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long should I wait??

PillzAllDay

Greenlighter
I have been on methadone for 3 years now and i take around 80mg and I also take 10mg Valium for anxiety. I'm just wondering how long after I take my methadone should I wait to take my valium? I do like the euphoric feeling I get from the combo and yes I know the dangers of mixing the drugs but I do it in moderation. Anybody have any suggestions on how long after taking the dones I should wait to take the Valium?
Thanks

Both drugs are quite long-acting. We don't know much about your tolerance to valium, but if 10mg is producing an effect - I imagine you're benzo naive.
If you have used this combo before (obviously you have) and not experienced marked respiratory depression, you should be good to continue using the two as you have been.

That being said, I am not a doctor and I do not know your personal situation. Maybe you should speak to your doctor about this?
I'm simply going off my personal experience and that of others.
Best of luck.

I second [MENTION=405318]PassivePanda[/MENTION]'s suggestion, just please don't overdo it as you can and will die if you take too much valium with your methadone, even if you have a tolerance to the latter. Keep the dose low, don't redose and you should be good. Also it would be optimal to always be with someone who can call an ambulance in case of emergency.
Stay safe.

Are these prescribed? if so ask your dr, thats what they are there for.

If you are trying to catch a buzz this isnt a great combination, they both are CNS depressants and are best not mixed.

Agree with withlove however you may want to contact a pharmacist, as it's more anonymous, and they actually know better than dr's in most cases.

I do have a pretty high tolerance to both methadone and Benzo's. 80 mg Methadone daily. And I had a doctor appointment recently and he switched me from the 10mg Valium to 1mg Xanax twice a day. The brand of the xanax I got from the pharmacy is Mylan A1 and I am just wondering if anybody has ever taken these and whether or not they are a good brand/how well and quickly they worked for you. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks !!