• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long is a DR prescribed script for Oxycodone valid???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebak

Greenlighter
I broke my collarbone and had surgery with 7 inch plate and 5 screws on and had my surgery jan 9th 2016, I am still in continued care but the last script for 40 5mg oxycodones was filled feb 18th 2016 it is now May 5th and I still have 5 pills left and I took 2 last night I rarely take them only when my shoulder is really hurting. I start probation tommorow and I will be getting a drug test. Will my script from feb 18th validate an acceptable reason why im hot for oxycodone or will I get a violation?

I broke my collarbone and had surgery with 7 inch plate and 5 screws on and had my surgery jan 9th 2016, I am still in continued care but the last script for 40 5mg oxycodones was filled feb 18th 2016 it is now May 5th and I still have 5 pills left and I took 2 last night I rarely take them only when my shoulder is really hurting. I start probation tommorow and I will be getting a drug test. Will my script from feb 18th validate an acceptable reason why im hot for oxycodone or will I get a violation?

best bet would be to get a report from your doc

i would really get some type of report from your doc before you go report
hope you feel better brother that shit sounds painful

ps 10mg of oxy isnt a high dose and given that its has a very short half life i mean very short half life....granted you didnt take anymore today it might or might not be still be in your system who knows...

Last edited:
This is treading real close to asking for legal advice which will get your thread closed pretty quick by the mods BUT, for the sake of information (not legal advice) it really depends on your circumstances. I would say however that by having a legitimate reason such as you have and a few pills left, that it wouldn't be as bad as popping positive for something totally illicit with no excuse. That's about the best answer I can give

Appreciate the response, but there has to be a set time limit or something because Im sure its not legit for someone to go in there and piss hot for opiates and tell his PO "ohh yeah I broke my leg 15 years ago and I still have some pills left" lol u kno? it seems no one can answer this question I even got on one of those "Ask a Doctor" websites and no luck.

Ok well from my own personal experience (I'm really not trying to step on any mod-toes) I've gotten away with presenting a script that was 9 months old and was told it was right at the edge of being considered valid so, take that witha grain of salt. But that was also for a job related physical... Not sure about a PO. Good luck though bud

take what we said with a grain of salt the info is in here if you actually read what we said
its against the rules to give you legal advice

We can't give you a definitive answer but it's best to bring your medical records and prescription with you when you see your probation officer. I have to close this, as others have said we can only speculate as to legal advice but wish you luck today.

Status
Not open for further replies.