• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos How long for xanax tolerance to go down?

cottonxcandy

Bluelighter
I've been prescribed Xanax for a little over 2 years now (had prescriptions in the past and then went off of it) and I've gotten to the point where I get my monthly xanax prescription and take it all in the period of about 3-5 days. I usually take 5 mg at a time of my monthly 60 .5 mg regular release xanax, or I'll take all 30 1mg extended release xanax at once. I've gotten to the point where I don't even feel them if I don't drink with them, and I also potentiate with white grapefruit juice which hasn't made a noticeable difference to me. I really want to take a tolerance break (and I'm not scared of getting seizures considering I get my monthly prescription, take them all in a few days, and then I'm benzo free until the next month when I can pick up my prescription again). How long do you think I would need to take a break for to get my tolerance back down to a reasonable level? A month break does absolutely nothing for me because by the time I pick up my next prescription I can still hardly feel them. Any advice?

I don't go into withdrawal. I'm not taking 5 mg daily. I'm taking 30 mg regular xanax and 30 mg extended release xanax (my monthly prescription) in usually 3-5 days and then I don't take it again until I get my prescription the next month. I haven't experienced any withdrawal symptoms except possibly rebound anxiety and some depression after taking them.

I don't go into withdrawal. I'm not taking 5 mg daily. I'm taking 30 mg regular xanax and 30 mg extended release xanax (my monthly prescription) in usually 3-5 days and then I don't take it again until I get my prescription the next month. I haven't experienced any withdrawal symptoms except possibly rebound anxiety and some depression after taking them.
yeah i don't really have an answer on how long until T drops. someone will swing by here tho that does. good luck. be safe, those are some big doses imho

This question is very difficult to answer OP. I wish I had something better to offer you, but tolerance to and dependence upon Benzodiazepines is a difficult thing to chart.

Ive never heard of tolerance and dependence being so disconnected that's pretty interesting

Yeah I'm not sure, but it's quite frustrating. I'd like to get back to 1 mg to feel good, but who knows if that will ever happen. I took 30 MG extended release xanax last night and hardly felt anything. Which, because of the extended release mechanism I got anywhere between 6m-2.72 mg an hour. All the information I've found says that the extended release releases consistently between 5-11 hours. It's just a huge bummer because I'm on probation for opiates so I can't take any or smoke cannabis, my father just passed away less than 4 months ago an I need something to numb me out. All I have is Xanax because that's all I'm prescribed..

Last edited:
You take 30mg of Xanax at once and don't feel anything? Lol. That's crazy!

I used to take about 20mg a day. 2-4mg doses spaced out over the day. And I would be fucked up lol

It's 30 MG extended release which releases the MG consistently anywhere from 5-11 hours from my research. So at the MOST I got 6 MG an hour which definitely wasn't the case. I believe is releases much closer to a period of 11 hours in me. I did fall asleep about 9 hours in, so it must have done something, but nothing I could feel. I have such a love/hate with benzos anymore. They used to be amazing and now they do nothing for me.

I also have a pointless time re-dosing. If I take them in the morning and wear off, I will oftentimes take them in the evening again to get some sort of "high" from them again, but when I do that I barely barely feel them. I've just abused my xanax to the point of being stupid while my dad was dying and especially after he died. I'm aware of my stupidity :(

Last edited:
Hey,

I know what you talking about. I'm getting Xanax presribed since 2008, 50 pieces of 0.5, and, like you, sometimes I eat them all on single weekend. And yes, it is possible. And no, you don't have w/d or something else, i never felt anything afterwards on mondays - just on the tuesdays. I learned that the amnesia is really hard with Xanax. I tried so many Benzos but always Xanax gave me the extremest amnesia.

People, don't go out, when you are on a high dose from whatever Benzos. I also made my experiences....

NO SAFER USE!!! I HAVE AN EXTREME TOLERANCE TO BENZOS!!

JJ

You take 30mg of Xanax at once and don't feel anything? Lol. That's crazy!

I used to take about 20mg a day. 2-4mg doses spaced out over the day. And I would be fucked up lol
Same with me I ca take that much and don't feel ANYTHING! I get 60 Valium 2x day but buy the Xanax it causing a heavy bill. I need help tapering too. I'm so scared of having a seizure. FML I Get a script for 2 Valium a day I'm trying to taper so that my Valium will be enough. I'm also on Subutex I guess I'm just a damn mess.

Last edited:
You take 120 vallys a day? Jesus. I thought my 40 a day (400mg) was bad!
Your tolerance must be masssssive.
Just half the dose every day. Instead of taking 60 and then 60, take 30 and then 30, with the really long half life you should be ok, just have more on hand incase you feel weird or start sweating/shaking etc
Have you ever felt benzo WDs before?

What are you diagnosed on??I cant't believe that you such an amou of Diazepam is given to you. What diagnose?

JJ

What are you diagnosed on??I cant't believe that you such an amou of Diazepam is given to you. What diagnose?

JJ
I think they mean they score 60 twice a day illegally I'd be amazed if any doctor prescribed that amount!

Thanks, that's what I wanted, yeah. Even in Psych... So told us your diagnose, perhaps we be able to give you tipps.

JJ

if able to remember. i can't even get my mind to go there so i rationalize by thinking what if they are mixed with a filler portion or portions that aren't even a real sedative.

But I don't know. But if I took such a high dosage of real alprazolam, I am sure I wouldn't remember how to swallow, and definitely wouldn't remember how to even breath.

Sounds like heaven if you can get that close.
Be Safe . 😮

I think they mean they score 60 twice a day illegally I'd be amazed if any doctor prescribed that amount!

You have to come down in a clinic where there know and practise the "Asthon Manual". That's how you got sloooooowly sober and in m i opinion the best plan to taper down. You four sure find it on the Internet or perhaps (if you go somewhere) they should have it, too. :) Chin up! I'm a massive Benzohead so anyhow a will also got to FEEL mother Ashton..... Oh my...

Keep my fingers crossed, would be nice to hear from you again.

JJ

jordon peterson got taken out by the real deal.
And I still fear those things. Opioids never, those things ~ forever. They could help with one time though.
I am even afraid to research to find out what is in them.

I am afraid. Very very afraid ! !
Oh yes. ♡

High recomendations with chance of high risk👍🏼

There are better ways. It's Beast.