• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long does VALIUM (diazepam) stay in system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iKarley

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,
I am fairly new here so I want to pre-apologize if this not allowed, I know drug testing questions are not but this is not really a drug test question but more of a question on the elimination of the drug and its metabolities. How long does VALIUM (diazepam) stay in your system with just 1 SINGLE dose of 10mg??? So in other words, if someone took 10mg of Valium, just 1 time, how long will it be in their system???
After doing ome research on Valium, I read that Valium's active metabolite's half life can be up to 100 hours!! (about 4 days!! 8o) Websites: rxlist.com and drugs.com state, "Elimination half-life increases by approximately 1 hour for each year of age beginning with a half-life of 20 hours at 20 years of age. This appears to be due to an increase in volume of distribution with age and a decrease in clearance." Do you think these websites are a relilable source of information? I am 23 years old - so 23 hours vs. 100 hours is a BIG difference...:(
Do any of you lovely folks have any idea how long this SINGLE time use of 10mg Valium will be in one's system?? Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! in advance for any answers. I appreciate your input so so much!! I am just really confused with the half life info I am getting offline. I am going to do some more research after I post this but please, PLEASE let me know if you have experience with this or even if you just have some ideas. - Thanks again!!

A single dose, I would guess, would exit the system within a week.

Long term dose can last longer. I tested positive for valium 75 days after I got off of it through a cold turkey detox (was on it daily for years).

Some of our patients who have one kidney or liver issues have tested positive a month later.

Some healthy patients have tested positive a week later.

It's really hard to pinpoint a specific time frame because metabolism, body fat, health issues can cause you to store, or release the drug from your body quicker , or slower.

Personally, I have tested positive for valium 5 days after one 10mg dose. That's from healthy, 129lb body with high metabolism.

We don't allow questions like this, it is considered a drug testing question. Everyone is different when it comes to metabolism.

The rule of thumb is 7 half lives for elimination to less than 1% of the original concentration, so diazepam and friends could stay present anywhere from 7 to 30 days. Diazepam is very fat soluble, the half life can easily be up to 100 hrs, that's not a typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.