• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox How long does the buzzy ants in my head last for... tapering Fentayl...

Nomas: It sounds like you are doing very well... you are so strong! I want to wish you continued success.. and yes, I would continue your taper, as then when you do jump off, your withdrawal will be so much less painful. I continue to send you positive thoughts! Happy Easter!
Happy-Easter-2017-1.jpg

I am still staying the course wow almost 2 months at this lower fentanyl dose and I am doing pretty good ...Now I am slowly lowering my klonapin dose that is going pretty good too. I am not being real hard core on the klonapin taper, if my head starts feeling really weird... I do take my normal dose.. I am keeping a paper of daily doses so I can keep track of it ...At my last appointment the doc said that FDA does not want people on opoids and benzos, I asked what that means who make the final choice and doc said that he does but I know from past experiences the FDA can lay down the law about this stuff and nothing the doc can do about it they cut my ambien dose in half once , so rather than count my chickens before they hatch.. I am trying to do what i can in the next 5 months to have some on hand when I finally get off the pain medication completely, if I am able to right now I am taking more tylenal than I want to but at least I can just go buy it at the store ... I did try smoking pot, but wow it leaves me sooo loopy for a whole day, but it helped so much the first week dropping the klonapin dose, I think I need to try a diffrent strain, I live in a legal state so its just a matter of going to the pot store thank goodness ...

So 2 months done so far !!!

and still have not found the bag of Easter stash I hid from my self ....

Oh and I also bought some 5 htp and L thenine I am not sure what time of day is the right time to take them..also I tried kratom but it gives me really bad insomnia... so I am saving it for when I am off the fent I spent a shit ton of money on the kratom and would hate to just toss it ...so i will just hold onto it and use it later ... and next week I may try to quit the ambien I honestly really just want to be off all these so I can figure out where I am at health wise pain wise and go from there ...

I would wait to try and quit the zolpidem until you're out of the woods with opioid withdrawal. Stopping zolpidem if you've been taking it for any length of time while you're going through some degree of opioid withdrawal will really exacerbate the insomnia from the opioid withdrawal.

I also experience some insomnia from kratom - you're much better off taking it in the early part of the day. Try and get yourself some loperamide for the fent withdrawal when you stop taking that, as it will help a bit.

Don't expect too much from the 5-HTP or L-theanine (it may help a little, but the kratom and loperamide should make a more noticeable difference).

Is there any chance you could get some better comfort medications, like gabapentin and clonidine at the least? Any worthwhile doctor would prescribe these two meds for acute opioid withdrawal, they're very standard meds and not something that can really be misused.

I am on the gabapentin i started that about the time i tapered down on the fentanyl its been very helpful i am sure ...i am also going to get some kind of bp meds soons as i go to my reg doctor but i dont want any pot in my system or i will have no choice about tapering anything they will just cut me off ....the pot was only a experiment at this point anyways ...so i think another week it will be out of my system i picked up some home tests to check my pee before i go to the docs..

Thanks so much for the information ...i will put it to good use ...i did use the kratom a bit late in the day ...i tried the white and red both give me insomnia blahh ....other that those nights i have been sleeping very well ...that is a blessing for sure ....

I was able to go on a small hike photoshoot with my photoclub yesterday it was so nice to be out and about the weather was beautiful ....

This benzo taper is a day to day thing though... i know i should be doing through my doc but i do not want my dose cut and have to suffer ...as it is now i will have 5 extra doses when i refill as of now that is unheard of for me ...still have half a month till my refill so might have 10 extra days worth just in case the get taken away ....dang FDA ughhh their new guidlines have so many pain patients freaking out ....i am doing ok painwise did have to go strait to bed when i got home though ...

I was able to go do some weeding in my garden ...my garden is a huge mess weeds taller than me ughh ....

I am Just so proud i was able to do that life is more normal now ....so next step is try to wean down another step from the fentanyl ....

Cant wait to be completly off my scrips i now feel like going slow has been the best plan ...

I just wanted to post to show myself improvements may be slow but they ate improvments ....

Today is a painful day ....i think i am over the mental withdrawl part but my body pain that is the reason i started with pain meds is coming back full force... kratom gives me insomnia ...i smoked pot all last week and it does tone the pain down but i do not like being stoned everyday ughhh ....i am still weaning of the klonapins in a wishy washy way lol ....i just dont know this pain is so overwhelming its in my tailbone and lower back and legs from buldging disk ....i dont want to live the rest of my life in pain .....stupid body ....and no not suicidal just not looking forward to 30 more years of "i hurt i hurt i hurt " i gave my bottle of cbd oil to my mother in law to try ....i will buy another bottle and give that a try again if the pain was not there this would be so much easier ...

Odd reading my post before this last one i was so positive...no way in hell i could weed even s flowerpot today.... Is it normal ? I did go a extra 4 days on my patch while thc/cbding maybe it just took this long for the half life to catch up with me ...

Oh and this gabapention is scary stuff been reading articles about it ...i forgot to take it the other night and was awoken with a huge brain zap ...my neurons get very angry in there when these drugs leave the system ..
So i hope to get off it soon as possible.... honesty i just want a body that dont hurt and to sleep at night ....thats all i ever wanted ...

Sorry to hear the pain came roaring back. (Though I was glad to see your posts :).).

How long have you been on the gabapentin?

Today i moved furniture vacuumed ckead out the hall entry..this is usualy a in bed day of my lower medication wean its confusing but i know what i am talking about ...so i am proud of me

Om friday i get to have gum grafting surgery yikes ...i had it done about 30 years ago and it was not too bad ...but that was only 1 spot now it will be 3 somwthing to do with my gums are attacking the recedimg root that i dont really understand lol ...i guess the one i had done 30 years ago didnt heal right but i have only had about 3 tooth aches in the last six months from it ...but yes i am scared they will be putting me in twilight sleep for it and i have to quit smoking along with 2 pages of rules ..i imagine i will be on here complaiming next week haha ...hopefully not though.

Ughh what on earth was i thinking moving furniture yesterday ..I am not superwoman <<<< note to my future self .... thank goodness tylonal is helping with that pain ....

My gum surgery is thursday not friday ughh feel bad i told husband to ask for the wrong day off work SMH ....i have to have a driver so it is what it is ...

Nomas: Good luck with your surgery... praying for you! It sounds like it not too major, but still... mouth pain can be so triggering. Take care!

Had my surgery this morning they were not able to sedate me with iv i have really bad veins my 2 choices were reschedule or try a shot of versed ...the versed did nothing so i was totally awake the whole time ...i have stitches in the top of my mouth and in my gums bottem and top ...i was going to not take the pain meds and try just tylonal and ibruprofin ...well that idea went out the window i feel like toothaches on top and botton and top of my mouth ..my chin is swollen and doc said dont let the big bruise i am going to get on my chin scare me lol the bruise is already starting ...i fell asleep but wome mysef up just bumping my chin softly in my sleep ....

In other fun news while i was sitting on my deck having my coffee extra early due to no fluids or eating for the surgery and a skunk was on my foot i thought it was my cat till i looked down yikes ...i wanted to scream but stayed very calm ...i did not want to get bbit or sprayed lol ....he was just walking to the pile of cat food my youngest had put out for the neighbor cats ...then the skunk went in front of my door we just looked at each other for a bit then he walked to the otherside of the deck hahaha ...How is that for a exciting morning

Pokemama i waz looking for your thread but can not remember what its called ...how r you ? I am doing good and stable on my lower dose of fentanyl and so happy about that and actually looking forward to my next drop after my mouth heals up ...hugs to you i hope your feeling better everyday ;-)

Thanks, Nomas... my thread is here on Sober Living oxymorphone hell, reclaiming my life. Wow! Sorry to hear that you could not be sedated properly... that must have not been fun at all. :( Then the skunk "meeting".... lol... you are one lucky person... all you would have needed now was to smell like skunk and need to be bathing in tomato juice. Peace, good health, and blessings, my friend.

I am going to go read your updates now Pokemama ...today is post surgery day 4 i have 1 pain pill left and hope this fentanyl and tylonal and ibruprofins will help the pain ...its not throbbing pain mostly burning and itching ..i have about 13 stitches on the roof of my mouth and i would guess another 10 betwen to two grafts and the top gum graft hurts worse than the bottom one even thought the bottom gums were more painful and the reason i went in for the graft ...go figure ...

I am also getting a nice bruise on my chin the peridontist said i would and its normal so healing seems to be in the normal range i also have a jay leno chin...

Praying the rest of recovery is smooth oh and i am starving soup and icecream are not my daily food of choice and my sence of smell is so strong i can smell the kids eating chili fritos in the livingroom lol and they smell soooo good ..if i didnt think it would burn the top of my mouth i would be sucking the salt off them ... i think i have to do soft foods for 2 weeks ...

Its very odd the fentanyl patch dont seem to help dental pain much if any at all but helps my body aches very well ...drugs are a strange thing ...

Hope everyone else is having good days ...

And now i really scope out my deck before i go out at night lol