• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How long does methadone mess up opiate tolerance?

DennisNoddman

Greenlighter
Hi, I've been browsing this forum for tidbits of information since 2014, but this will be my first ever post , so please bear with me as I'm not quite sure if I'm doing this right.

My question today is about opiate tolerance being jacked up from methadone maintenance, and how long that should last or if I'm even possibly still under it's blocking effects.

As for background, I've been using opiates occasionally from 2015-2017 when I was in highschool, then becoming a hardcore user from the ages of 18-23, Using everyday no fail unless I was at a detox. I had about a 450mg a day oxy habit for the bulk of that time, (Railing abt 15 oxy 30s a day) until my guy could eventually only get the pressed fent pills, and then I switched to doing about 5 of those a day.
Then, I got on methadone for a year, I'm now 24
I'm a pretty skinny guy , almost 6ft but only 135 pounds. My highest methadone dose was 70mg daily which I know is quite low in the grand scheme , but for me it did help me stay "clean" for a year from street drugz, however it came with a LOT of negative effects (weight loss that I can't afford to have and complete irradication of libido that frustrated my girl to no end)

So , I decided to get off the methadone a few months back. I quickly weened down from 70 all the way to 35mg , at which that point I decided to just jump off and do a natural supplement based detox.
I'm on day 15 no methadone today , and to get some relief for my constant insomnia I decided to buy 5 pressed pills from my same old guy.

I was honestly scared , and wanted to take it slow so I broke a quarter down , railed it expecting some kinda buzz as these pills are pretty damn strong , even when I was bad off on them I had to snort a half at a time or maybe 3/4 max.

But tbh , I don't feel much of anything. My pupils are tiny so I definitely know it's real stuff , just not feeling much of anything outside maybe a slight mood increase. I got bloodwork done yesterday, and there's 0 methadone in my body. Will I just need to do more? Is my tolerance completely shot now ? Would be interested to hear any responses !

Tolerance form methadone (as with all opiods) can take ages to get to pre-addiction levels. In fact so long that just about everyone fail to reach that intentionally.

And 70mg maybe isn’t that much compared to what some people take but it is A LOT if you consider that totally opiod-naive person will feel even just 5mg and even a big person with some experience with opiod experience wont need more than 20mg for strong high, so if you take that in consideration it ain’t small dose at all.

After taking months long break to take you tolerance as close to 0, using that fent shit could end fatally so have that in mind.

I use to be able to skip my methadone dose some days and just use H and it worked just fine. However in 2023 just saying the word opiates is a different game. Some of the synthetic opioids seem to be able to steam roll over even quality H of the past. Not sure how that fits in today. I have seen post where it has been said that a person would need a gram and a half of methadone to hold some of the current fentanyl addicts.

But my quick answer is it should not interfere too much. Then again I am outdating myself here. And here I thought I knew it all. :oops:

To me, this is the wrong question.

The whole reason for methadone treatment is to wean yourself off opiates.

If you want to continue using opiates after what sounds like a successful methadone taper, then you've totally missed the point... :\

I use to be able to skip my methadone dose some days and just use H and it worked just fine. However in 2023 just saying the word opiates is a different game. Some of the synthetic opioids seem to be able to steam roll over even quality H of the past. Not sure how that fits in today. I have seen post where it has been said that a person would need a gram and a half of methadone to hold some of the current fentanyl addicts.

But my quick answer is it should not interfere too much. Then again I am outdating myself here. And here I thought I knew it all. :oops:

Methadone is equipotent to morphine when used short-term but as it builds up in the liver/your body it becomes 6 - 11x as potent than morphine.
Oxycodone is 1.5x as potent as morphine and Heroin is 1.8 - 3x as potent as morphine.
I doubt people need 1.5g of methadone to hold them from a fentanyl (or analogue.) habit.

Last edited:
Methadone is 6 - 11x as potent than morphine.
Oxycodone is 1.5x as potent as morphine and Heroin is 1.8 - 3x as potent as morphine.
I doubt people need 1.5g of methadone to hold them from a fentanyl (or analogue.) habit.
I can confirm and back this up although he needs no validation here.

I personally find and its universal to a degree that you are going to ruin your ability to feel the high you once did over excessive use be it months or years even if you think your having decent breaks your body adapts as your brain goes through constant neuroadaptation.

Furthermore id say from a personal experience when you mix these drugs be it simple promethazine type 1st generation antihistamines, benzodiazepines, pregabalin, and so fourth even blood thinners to a degree allowing you to have more of the drug breach areas of the body and blood brain area increasing bioavailability, all of these things even on their own, or each over time, or all at once (Have done all above in every kind of mix and combination) will ultimately reduce the total affect you get from these drugs almost no matter how long you take a break or detox, even if you for a short period feel like its first time use again you quickly adapt. This real bitch and trouble here is trying to maintain and not over do it but keep yourself stable and happy in the process.

I wish you luck and am in a rush typing this but felt I could and needed to add some info here just in the case it could help. Feel free to message me personally or back on the thread if you wanted to talk any further when I have some time.

Take care, stay safe!

Hi, I've been browsing this forum for tidbits of information since 2014, but this will be my first ever post , so please bear with me as I'm not quite sure if I'm doing this right.

My question today is about opiate tolerance being jacked up from methadone maintenance, and how long that should last or if I'm even possibly still under it's blocking effects.

As for background, I've been using opiates occasionally from 2015-2017 when I was in highschool, then becoming a hardcore user from the ages of 18-23, Using everyday no fail unless I was at a detox. I had about a 450mg a day oxy habit for the bulk of that time, (Railing abt 15 oxy 30s a day) until my guy could eventually only get the pressed fent pills, and then I switched to doing about 5 of those a day.
Then, I got on methadone for a year, I'm now 24
I'm a pretty skinny guy , almost 6ft but only 135 pounds. My highest methadone dose was 70mg daily which I know is quite low in the grand scheme , but for me it did help me stay "clean" for a year from street drugz, however it came with a LOT of negative effects (weight loss that I can't afford to have and complete irradication of libido that frustrated my girl to no end)

So , I decided to get off the methadone a few months back. I quickly weened down from 70 all the way to 35mg , at which that point I decided to just jump off and do a natural supplement based detox.
I'm on day 15 no methadone today , and to get some relief for my constant insomnia I decided to buy 5 pressed pills from my same old guy.

I was honestly scared , and wanted to take it slow so I broke a quarter down , railed it expecting some kinda buzz as these pills are pretty damn strong , even when I was bad off on them I had to snort a half at a time or maybe 3/4 max.

But tbh , I don't feel much of anything. My pupils are tiny so I definitely know it's real stuff , just not feeling much of anything outside maybe a slight mood increase. I got bloodwork done yesterday, and there's 0 methadone in my body. Will I just need to do more? Is my tolerance completely shot now ? Would be interested to hear any responses !
Methadone is 6 - 11x as potent than morphine.
I can confirm and back this up although he needs no validation here.

I personally find and its universal to a degree that you are going to ruin your ability to feel the high you once did over excessive use be it months or years even if you think your having decent breaks your body adapts as your brain goes through constant neuroadaptation.

Furthermore id say from a personal experience when you mix these drugs be it simple promethazine type 1st generation antihistamines, benzodiazepines, pregabalin, and so fourth even blood thinners to a degree allowing you to have more of the drug breach areas of the body and blood brain area increasing bioavailability, all of these things even on their own, or each over time, or all at once (Have done all above in every kind of mix and combination) will ultimately reduce the total affect you get from these drugs almost no matter how long you take a break or detox, even if you for a short period feel like its first time use again you quickly adapt. This real bitch and trouble here is trying to maintain and not over do it but keep yourself stable and happy in the process. However methadone is known to be one of the longer lasting opioids in the system and I have heard stories of it taking months for those coming down from high use and preferring a H come down any day. Just be very careful don't suddenly take a bit more and have an overdose, how sure are you these pills are pure and to the mg? How are you sure? Theres a lot to unwrap here and I wish I had more time to expend.

I wish you luck and am in a rush typing this but felt I could and needed to add some info here just in the case it could help. Feel free to message me personally or back on the thread if you wanted to talk any further when I have some time.

Take care, stay safe!

Last edited: