• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How long does it take for tobacco to go stale/bad? (Like before you won’t smoke it)

eBagger

Bluelighter
I looked it up but it is so varied…from as soon as a couple days to weeks/months.

I don’t like smoking cigs, I find it harsh, and the slight anxiety relief provided is almost cancelled by how my lungs feel (at least before getting acclimated, I forced myself to smoke a few months but I knew I could stop rather easily)

Fast forward over the last 10 years I like just having a pack around for whatever reason. I’ll never forget an almost full pack of marlboro lights in my closet for 2 years and this dude had just gotten out of an inpatient program that allowed him bupe but no cigs, and he said he’d give me a sub for bringing him the pack (he was broke or something I don’t remember why he didn’t buy some) and I was like…shits probably stale you sure? And he said yeah they and he still said they tasted damn good (after not having any for a month)

So I have a pack of camel crush I always feel is new but thinking back I bought it around the time the pandemic began….so it’s been over 2 years….that shit probably stale yeah? And to a non cig smoker would taste extra shitty yeah?

I’m curious I have family coming to town but if we go out and about I might feel like smoking some good ole tobacco when theres down time but smoking 2 year old camel crush might be wack 😂

I had cigs old 10+ years and they were better than that same brand now (not because they were old but cuz brand changed). They were sealed packs in a sealed carton. I think like that they can last very long. Once opened they get shitty pretty fast so some people who smoke only a cig or so a day put it in a nylon bag or something.

Just a few days out in open on a table a cigarette out of the pack will be dry and crumbly

I usually have half a pack inside pack….the other half in a ziplock bag in the fridge lol

Premium Belmonts are like $17/pack of 20 ….I only smoke them fresh, soft and moist to the touch

A stale cigarette taste like shit….like those gross Indian reservation smokes lol a bag of 500 for $80 or some shit, smell and taste like shit lol

….the try a fresh Belmont. Damn. Like a fine cognac, sooooo smooth & rich. On the pack it says “taste matters” lol so true. Like a shitty coffee compared to a premium blonde Italian espresso after a piece of 70% coco dark chocolate

I keep mine in the freezer and have had them be in there for as long as 10 months and still be as fresh as new.

A mate of mine just brought me back the wrong carton of smokes from Cuba...he brought fucking menthols instead of the filter-less Populars I wanted. So now I have an emergency stash that will last something like 20 years because menthols are unacceptable (I smoke Belmonts regularly) so ask me again when I'm down to the last pack of these nasty menthols how long freezer storage lasts. I'm pretty sure they'd be fine for years.

I recently smoked a leftover pack of English Ovals from 1992, and they were a bit harsh but enjoyable nonetheless. I've seen people on YouTube smoking cigs from back around World War II. I don't think that they go bad the way that food items do.

Last edited: