• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long does it need to be 24/7 on opioids for any withdrawal symptoms?

izo

Bluelighter
Is it depending on the opioid you’re onto all day long? Or does it indipendent from the substance chosen? Are people who’ve had prior opioid withdrawals more prone to develop withdrawal signs faster? What if you’re constantly on say Kratom, how fast do withdrawal signs show up?

Minor dependence tends to show up after around 14 days on stronger opioids, but kratom is different. Heavy dependence takes longer to develop, a month or two.

Kindling does seem to also apply to opioid withdrawal.

Kratom is a bit odd, for me the obvious signs of physical withdrawal didn't really appear until about 22-24 hours after last dose, even while taking high doses. It seems to set in rapidly after that point and peaks around 36 hours. However, I have also heard from some people they feel withdrawal much sooner than 24hr, even as soon as 8hr. I am unsure of an explanation for this discrepancy.

I am unsure how long it takes to develop dependence to kratom. I've only taken it continously for years or was dosing low enough for it not to develop. Kratom is much more forgiving in this regard.

Last edited:
I had Kratom and o-dmt for 4 month or so daily, one dose per day. Didn’t had to raise the dose. It was 5g Kratom or around 50mg o-dmt per day. Stopped one day from the other, no sign’s of withdrawal.

the answer is in thrrad title
24/7 however long this keeps up
its enough in itself to create wd. ime

Had Kratom in my system for 14 days from 9-10 in the morning till I fell asleep on it at 9 or 10. my system must have been Kratom free for 2 hours max. Also no tolerance developed, even over the course of 4 month daily intake. I could have dosed a little more and would had gotten something out of it but 5g were ok for 4 or 5 month straight daily.

Within 3 days of consistently being under the influence, I experienced mild but very unformatable withdrawal:
Anhedonia, Diarrhea, Anxiety, Yawning, Insomnia, and Cravings.

I am what the the doctors have called a "rapid metabolizer" though, so I need higher doses than others that are sitting at zero-tolerance (both my firstbuse ever and after extended periods of abstinence from opiate use).

After 5 days without me stopping to let WD set in, my withdrawals achieve what most WD scales/classifications would call "moderate":
Aches, Anxiety, Piloerection, Diarrhea, Dysphoria+Anhedonia, Signifigant Insomnia, Some chills/sweats.

After 8 days I experience near full-severity withdrawal symptoms:
Body and Bone Aches, Overwhelming Diarrhea, overwhelming Anxiety, high blood pressure, recurring bouts of Piloerection (goosebumps),Hot Flashes Sweats, Chills & cold sweats, chills/sweats, near-complete insomnia. For me thr worst symptom of withdrawals, one which is very hard to to explain, is DYSPHORIA

After 12-14 days for me it's full blown full severity withdrawals. Dysphoria being the worst symptom for me... I am making about explaining opiate withdrawals' Dysphoria to non-opiate users who have never experienced it (or any sedative wothdrawal, but opiates withdrawal bing the most dysphoric, with other sedatives WD's being the most Anxiety and Panic inducing)