• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long does diazepam last for you ?

Kdem

Bluelighter
'duration of action', not 'half life'.

I've seen various numbers. Unfortunately, I worked up quite a tolerance with 2 mg clonazepam. Which is incredibly difficult to taper.

The drug may 'act longer' if you have little tolerance, or have only taken short acting benzos.

Perhaps the consensus is 6-8 hours, 12 hours tops ?

My experience: the 'peak' effect seems to last much shorter. Two to four hours ? A noticable effect, perhaps up to 6 hours ? With a very subtle after effect ? I have experienced interdose withdrawal, after 6 to 8 hours. Manifested by elevated heart rate, for example.

Your experience/is there some kind of consensus ?

2-3 hours. 4 hours TOPS if I take 80mg+ if u want something with a longer effect clonzepam lasts a lot longer. Heard the RC flubromazepam is supposed to be like methadone of benzos. One guy said it didn't even peak until like the next day

LONG.
For me, a recreational dose is 15-20mg. The peak lasts for about 4 hours but I can still feel it 18 hours later.
One of my friends recently consumed 160mg in 3 hours on a Friday night, just for the hell of it. I saw him on Sunday and he was still loopy - didn't even know what fucking day it was. The cognitive impairment lasted about 5 days.

2-3 hours. 4 hours TOPS if I take 80mg+ if u want something with a longer effect clonzepam lasts a lot longer.
WRONG. Diazepam's half life is significantly longer than clonazepam's.

'half life' and 'duration of action' are two very different issues.

Diazepam may have a longer half life (though that is debatable), clonazepam's 'duration of action' is longer.

If you don't have any benzo tolerance you may 'feel' the diazepam for much longer.

isnt clonazepam almost the same as diazepam ? personally the durations seems to last the same for me just that diazepam has much more of a euphoria

Long enough, I'd say 12 hours. HL indeed =/= duration of action, but it's heavily correlated. Depends on the ROA and the presentation of the drug (pills, liquid drops, IV) too.

LONG.
For me, a recreational dose is 15-20mg. The peak lasts for about 4 hours but I can still feel it 18 hours later.
One of my friends recently consumed 160mg in 3 hours on a Friday night, just for the hell of it. I saw him on Sunday and he was still loopy - didn't even know what fucking day it was. The cognitive impairment lasted about 5 days.

WRONG. Diazepam's half life is significantly longer than clonazepam's.
Obviously someone doesn't know what volume of distribution is. Half ass know it all talking about half life like it determines everything a chemical does. Lol

Peaks around 2-3 hours for me but I can feel it well into the next day. I'd say 16 hours in total. Got to love those long lasting benzos.