• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long before you become physically addicted to xanax?

insidious

Bluelighter
I have taken benzodiazepines on and off for awhile, recreationally. Some times I go weeks without them, sometime I go months it all depends on how my month is going. This last stint I have been taking about 4 yellow bars a day for almost a week.

So how many days/weeks/months before I start to physically withdrawal from them?

I love them but not enough to risk dependency.

With 8mg a day I'd say just a couple of weeks is enough to feel it when you come off them. A month and over that and you will probably get a real withdrawal.

if you consume them daily be prepared for dependency
benzos like xanax is not meant for a long term regimen
but if you take big breaks in between dosing youll be fine
i have been on .125mg -.25mg of xanax for almost half a yr now
some weeks ill take it 2 to 3 days out of the week at just one dose on any of those days
and some weeks i wont take anything i have gone up to 3 weeks without taking anything
never felt any withdrawal issues im not constantly wanting to take it
i take it for anxiety and panic attacks now given i can shake most attacks there is some i cant and a good ol xanax is a life saver
if you have the will power you can be on xanax for a long time without any major complications IMO if you take them as needed
others wont agree with me on that statement but ive been doing just fine

if you consume them daily be prepared for dependency
benzos like xanax is not meant for a long term regimen
but if you take big breaks in between dosing youll be fine
i have been on .125mg -.25mg of xanax for almost half a yr now
some weeks ill take it 2 to 3 days out of the week at just one dose on any of those days
and some weeks i wont take anything i have gone up to 3 weeks without taking anything
never felt any withdrawal issues im not constantly wanting to take it
i take it for anxiety and panic attacks now given i can shake most attacks there is some i cant and a good ol xanax is a life saver
if you have the will power you can be on xanax for a long time without any major complications IMO if you take them as needed
others wont agree with me on that statement but ive been doing just fine

This is what I try to do and for the most part I am successful. This last week though I just felt the need to go all out with them for some reason and I have been taking allot. Stressed out with school and work. You have some willpower that's for sure.

Does xanax cause permanent damage if you take it as prescribed? I have heard before and I'm not sure if its true.

With 8mg a day I'd say just a couple of weeks is enough to feel it when you come off them. A month and over that and you will probably get a real withdrawal.

I'm sorry but this is absurd. If you took 8mgs a day for a couple of days you would feel it stopping them completely. Extremely intense rebound anxiety at the very least.

Its really hard to find non-conflicting information on this subject, just because 8mgs is not a recommended dose.

I'm sorry but this is absurd. If you took 8mgs a day for a couple of i days you would feel it stopping them completely. Extremely intense rebound anxiety at the very least.
spot on 8mg is hefty dose to drop straight off taper to 6-4-2 instead

I'm tapering off phenibut and have some xanax for emergencies once I'm completely off it.

If I took 8mg of xanax I would be waking up in a jail cell for sure Lol .5mg does the trick for me. I would say 3-4 days at 8mg is enough to cause significant rebound anxiety. 1-2 weeks for an actual withdrawal. Thats a rather absurd amount of a highly potent short acting benzo to be consuming. You should taper off for sure.

Everyone is different obviously, but if you have a naturally high tolerance to certain drugs (which it seems you do), I doubt you'd have "withdrawal" from a short period of time like a week of 8mg a day. I wish you the best my friend. Please keep us updated.

I will say that a lot of the "bars" going around on the street seem to be significantly weaker than, say, the pressed Pfizer pills.

When I hear of people taking 5 bars and still being able to walk around and talk and do stuff coherently, I invite the same folks to take ten blue footballs and see if the result is the same.

Everyone is different obviously, but if you have a naturally high tolerance to certain drugs (which it seems you do), I doubt you'd have "withdrawal" from a short period of time like a week of 8mg a day. I wish you the best my friend. Please keep us updated.

You're wrong. Xanax is an extremely potent and short acting benzo. I stick with the previous statement. Make no mistake Xanax isn't something to play with.

This is what I try to do and for the most part I am successful. This last week though I just felt the need to go all out with them for some reason and I have been taking allot. Stressed out with school and work. You have some willpower that's for sure.

Does xanax cause permanent damage if you take it as prescribed? I have heard before and I'm not sure if its true.

expect to exp some type of side effects from anything you take like that but for me i have exp very little to no side effects or any damage of any sorts
but that is just me everyone is diff
hell to be completely honest the only thing i ever exp while on benzos is every once in a while random memory loss issues but nothing extreme it's actually normal and i have a hard time reaching sexual release <---which is subjective if it can be seen as a side effect or con lol

You're wrong. Xanax is an extremely potent and short acting benzo. I stick with the previous statement. Make no mistake Xanax isn't something to play with.

i agree xanax is very potent and short lived why it's not a good idea to use for a long term well no benzo should be used long term
they nothing but band aids not a cure

I have a naturally high tolerance to benzos in general... I will run out today, I have 1.5 bars left so we shall see... Its been a week to date since I started this binge so ill let you know.

Also, I don't just wake up and take four bars... I take them throughout the day every few hours... timelines aren't exactly easy to recall on bars so dont quote me on that lol. But typically I will take four (sometimes more) throughout the day. That's why I don't end up in jail. I just go to work and do my thing, just a little happier than usual.

I would estimate that two weeks of daily usage, especially of the shorter-acting alprazolam, would be sufficient to create physical dependence. But it varies.

Idk If I'm just sensitive to Xanax but if I take 1mg at night for three days then stop I'll have trouble sleeping or really weird stressful dreams for a couple days

I got hooked after 2 weeks of daily use, and this was on a 1mg daily about 3 years ago. Fast forward to now and I'm a daily user with a tolerance all over the shop, my intake is usually kept at .5mg but I often take up to 10mgs when I'm anxious or my phobias flare up, funnily enough I can stand straight and talk non slurred on that dosage. Please be so careful with this horrible benzoate, the withdrawals are no fun, trust me xxx