• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after drinking is it safe to use hydrocodone?

RuffSamurai

Bluelighter
Drinking 6-10 beers tonight but want to use hydrocodone tomorrow.

How long should I wait before I take the hydros?

Sorry for a noob question just want to be as safe as possible.

Is it pure hydrocodone, or mixed with APAP?

The Tylenol/acetaminophen/paracetemol/APAP/acetylamide phenol is bad as-is for your liver, and worse if you drink heavily. That's bad even when you aren't currently drunk; it's bad if you drink often enough for your liver to be inflamed/damaged/reduced in capacity.

For purely hydrocodone products, the danger is mixing two downers. For that, you want to have come down from the booze enough. Can't tell you when that'll be, because it depends on how high you got, which depends on how fast you drank those beers. Really, if you're halfway down but firmly on the downslope of hooch, you're probably going to be OK.

Overnight passed out, you'd be ok in the morning.

And sending this to our more n00b-capable forum, BDD

Im taking norco 10/325s i plan on taking 3 which i have taken before in the past.

I wasnt planning on taking them for about 24 hours.

Also I took. 1.5 mgs of Xanax 24 hours ago. So tomorrow in about 24 hours will the Xanax and alcohol be out of my system enough for a pure hydro high?

Also I drank 5 12 ounce 5.0 alcohol beers. I stopped drinking around 9pm and wont drink more. I dont plan on taking the hydros till about 10pm tomorrow night .

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Yes you should be fine, the main danger with mixing downers is respiratory depression, which occurs due to the two (or more) drugs working together and the effects stacking.

You will most likely still have a medically significant amount of Alcohol in your system considering the volume that you consumed, but it's not going to be enough to contribute to something like lethal respiratory depression. The issue I see, is that you have access to a lot of drugs that could quite easily kill you. I'm not trying to patronize you whatsoever. I'm sure you understand the basics, but when using Alcohol and Benzodiazepines, judgement typically goes out the window fast. It's pretty easy to get into a blackout, at which point anything is possible. You could end up taking the Hydrocodone, which, combined with the 2 separate depressants, could easily be lethal.

Be careful. Don't push it too far with the Sedative/Hypnotics. It could lead to some serious consequences.

Going by your previous post- if your last beer was at 9 pm yesterday, you should be okay to take hydrocodone tonight.