• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How I kicked opiates by using loperamide - my story.

malfunkshun

Bluelighter
Hello, Bluelighters.

I haven't posted here in a while. It's been almost a decade actually, and long since I kicked my opioid habit...

But I have a story to tell. Hopefully someone will benefit from it, if the information I'm about to present isn't already widely known by now.
This is how I finally managed to kick opiates. I figured it out all by myself, and I did it all by myself. No rehab or anything. This was many years ago, back in 2007, so maybe some folks are more widely aware of it by now. I hope so.

Anyway.

My opioid habit started in 2000, for no other reason than a relentless, agonizing toothache which just would not go away! I was 29 at the time, and had never had any problems with substance abuse.

My grandmother, suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, was practically awash with painkillers that she would save up. I'm talking drug dealer amounts! I didn't go to her seeking drugs, but when I complained about my toothache to her, well. My grandmother did what grandmothers are wont to do for their suffering grandchildren:

"Here honey," she said, handing me a large zip-lock baggie absolutely crammed with at least a hundred of those purple, 10 mg hydrocodones. "Take a couple of these when it hurts."

Ok, thought I. I took two right then and there, and went home. It only took thirty minutes within taking my first opioid to fall head over heels in love with opiates.

This continued until 2004. At that time, grandmother was giving me hydrocodone, tramadol, morphine sulphate, darvons, oxycontin, oxycodone, codeine cough syrup - anything she had that she'd either give to me, or stashes of hidden pills I'd manage to discover for myself when she wasn't aware of it.

I had become an addict, and the problem was becoming obvious. Slowly, over the course of a few months, grandmother began to cut me off from her pills until, finally, I didn't have a drug dealer anymore.

So I got creative.

I ordered poppy pods regularly from eBay. Back then they were readily available. I began buying poppy seeds in bulk wherever I could, and through trial and error, perfected the process of making poppy seed tea. My drug dealers had become eBay, grocery stores like Central Market and Fiesta, arts and craft stores like Joann's and Michaels, and online bulk suppliers of poppy seeds.

I continued this way for three more years, until it began to become apparent to the proprietors of these sources that I, and possibly a few others, were obtaining ridiculous quantities of practically pure morphine, and perfectly legally.

In July of 2007, my legal sources were starting to catch on and began to dry up. You couldn't order poppy pods on eBay anymore. Bulk suppliers of poppy seeds were shipping seeds which had been 'washed', with no morphine. Arts and crafts stores dried up. Grocery stores dried up.

EVERYBODY dried up. I had never made an illegal drug purchase on the streets, and didn't know how. I didn't have any experience with it.

Sometimes, very rarely, I'd be able to get my hands on some good poppy seeds by driving from Dallas, where I lived, to Austin, where their stores remained relatively untouched by the rare bird such as myself.

I couldn't afford, nor did I have the time, to do that regularly, however. I began to experience withdrawals more and more frequently, in between the rare fix I was able to locate once in a while, by locating grocery stores online within a reasonable radius of where I lived in Dallas, which I hadn't plundered yet.

During this time of habitual opioid abuse, I ran across an interesting tidbit of info online - that loperamide, commercially known as Imodium, is an opioid.

I also learned, by doing some more research, that loperamide was originally developed decades ago as a powerful pain management tool. However, when they realized that loperamide didn't cross the blood-brain barrier, and had no effect on pain whatsoever, they marketed it instead as an anti-diarrheal, to which it proved to be extremely effective, with a practically non-existent potential for abuse. It doesn't get you high.

One day while I was experiencing one of those full-blown opiate withdrawal episodes, I remembered this fact about loperamide - that it was originally developed for pain management, and that it was, in fact, an opioid.

My reasoning went like this...

"Loperamide. That rings a bell for some reason. Shit. I'm in full blown withdrawal mode. This sucks! But loperamide... didn't I read somewhere that loperamide was originally developed as a painkiller? That it is, in fact, a bonafide opioid? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. What the hell, I'm ready to try anything! Maybe, just maybe, if I take enough loperamide, gradually and carefully, it might at least help to curb these godawful withdrawals."

I drove to the grocery store. Oh my God! Imodium was expensive! $12 for 24 2mg pills! I looked around some more and discovered a generic brand. $3 for one bottle of generic Imodium, containing 48 2mg loperamide pills. Wow! Much cheaper. I spent $6 and purchased two bottles.

I was right smack dab in the middle of full on, merciless opiate withdrawals. They don't get any worse than what I was experiencing. I don't know about IV users, because I've never injected anything... but my own brand of opioid withdrawals were bad enough. I'd been a user for seven years, so I had plenty of experience with withdrawals, enough to recognize when the suffering was at it's peak.

Anyway. I got home, sat down on the couch, switched on the tube for some distraction, and formulated a plan. Before I actually began with what basically amounted to as an experiment on myself, I wanted to structure it. I wanted to be careful. I definitely didn't want to wind up constipated and trying to shit the equivalent of a pinecone through the rough, dry hole of a brick. That would have just been icing on top of the cake of experiencing withdrawals at their worst.

So I proceeded thusly. After I'd gotten home and settled, I opened one of those bottles and took two loperamide pills, the recommended dosage indicated on the bottle. I timed myself... like I said, I wanted to be careful. After exactly 15 minutes, I took two more loperamide pills. I timed myself again. 15 minutes later, I took two more.

I sat on the couch, watching the tube, and continued this carefully timed process of taking two loperamide pills every fifteen minutes. Then, about two hours into the experiment...

To my amazement, I noticed a significant change. My withdrawals were starting to fade! They weren't gone completely, but they were definitely at least cut in half! I thought to myself, excitedly...

"Oh my God. What have I just discovered?"

I continued for another 2 hours, taking two pills, every fifteen minutes. It took four hours, but after that, my withdrawals were completely gone! Again, I thought excitedly:

"What a discovery I've made! Nobody else knows about this! I've never seen it mentioned anywhere on Bluelight! Does anyone else in the entire world know that you can erase opioid withdrawals completely, easily, and cheaply, with an over the counter, generic form of Imodium??"

The only tools I'd ever known about which were used for managing opioid addiction were suboxone and methadone, both of which have the potential for abuse.

However, loperamide doesn't get you high at all, but it definitely erases opiate withdrawals!

I was tremendously excited.

I thought, "Maybe I can make use of this cheap, readily available thing called loperamide to break these shackles of addiction on my own, without the expense of rehab, doctors, therapists, and other far more expensive drugs for treating opioid addiction, and all the while, keeping it completely to myself! It can remain a private problem, one for me and only me to solve, without having to involve anyone else! Nobody will ever even know what I'm doing! Oh my God, I can't believe I've discovered this, and apparently, nobody else knows about it!"

So the next stage of the experiment began. That summer of 2007, I began taking loperamide regularly to keep withdrawals from developing. It continued to work. I spent the next few years utilizing this method of self-treatment, while slowly tapering down my dosage. Every now and then I would taper it too much, and I'd start to experience withdrawals. I'd up my dose for a little while, then continue the tapering process.

Sometimes I would despair that I'd never be able to kick this new habit, of replacing actual drugs with loperamide in order to eventually erase opioids from my life, but I persevered. Like I've mentioned, this was a years long process of self-experimentation.

It took a few years, longer than I'd expected it to take when I began, but eventually I was able to taper myself off of loperamide with absolutely zero withdrawal symptoms.

I was finally free!

Sure, it cost some money to get my loperamide fix every day so I could function, but it was relatively cheap, I could afford it, and damn it, it was worth it! Loperamide works unheard of wonders for opiate withdrawals, and I wish more addicts knew about this. I hope more addicts know about it now, several years after my own experience.

I've been off of opioids now for almost ten years, and I'm pretty proud of myself, if I do say so, for figuring this shit out on my own.

I just wish more people knew about it. I don't know how many people nowadays, more than a decade after figuring it out for myself, are aware of loperamide as a tool for managing withdrawals, but it's my intention here to supply this information - that you can use an easily obtained, cheap, over the counter medication as a powerful and effective self-treatment program to kick the godawful affliction of opioid addiction. No rehab or doctors or withdrawals necessary.

It can probably be accomplished a lot more quickly than the several years it took for me to kick opioids, by tapering with loperamide, but I was forging my way through uncharted territory.

During those years of self-treatment using loperamide, I was functional, able to work, and didn't have to live in constant fear of imminent withdrawals.

And I eventually succeeded.

That's how I kicked opioids, by using an over-the-counter, generic, extremely less expensive form of Imodium.

Loperamide.

I kicked opiates with it, and I haven't looked back since.

I hope this helps some people who may be currently struggling with opioid addiction.

Last edited:
I was on so much opiates at the time, that loperamide was just another one. My tolerance for it was very high, just like it was with the opioids I'd been taking for almost a decade. I never had a problem with constipation. By that time of my addiction, constipation just didn't exist, because my body was so used to being saturated with opiates.

So, to answer your trivial question, and almost ten years after I last took a loperamide pill, yes. I shit regularly, just like any other human.

Of course, to someone who has never taken opiates, taking the dosages of loperamide I was taking at the time in order to combat withdrawals, would not be advisable.

I posted this thread with a serious intent. One with empathy for other addicts, such as myself, who are currently struggling with opioid addiction, as I once was.

I posted this thread many years after the fact of my own opiate addiction. I posted it because I know what it's like to feel stuck, and constantly worrying about imminent withdrawals, and how in the hell I'm gonna get my next fix.

I posted it as a solution for people who want to kick opiates, but have no resources. No insurance. No time to take off work for some state run rehab clinic that doesn't really work and doesn't really give a shit.

I posted to give fellow addicts hope, not to attract silly, trivial replies.

I posted it out of respect for others who suffer.

I posted it to give fellow sufferers hope, that there is an unconventional way out of these shackles of addiction, and one that anybody with a modicum of limited resources at their disposal can use.

Take it or leave it, the reality of what I've posted here.

I recommend taking it. It worked for me. It can help others.

Do with the information as you please, though. Wipe your ass with it. Whatever suits you. I'm trying to help. It's up to you.

I'm sorry, but touting loperamide as a miracle cure for opiate addiction is not wise. I don't doubt your experience, but all you did was replace one opiate addiction with another. You said you were taking loperamide for years and had to gradually wean yourself off to prevent withdrawal, so what did it do that methadone or buprenorphine cannot?

Also, I can't believe that you've never seen loperamide mentioned in Bluelight to ease withdrawal.

Where have you been, stuck in the bog? ;)

Hello, Bluelighters.

I haven't posted here in a while. It's been almost a decade actually, and long since I kicked my opioid habit...

But I have a story to tell. Hopefully someone will benefit from it, if the information I'm about to present isn't already widely known by now.
This is how I finally managed to kick opiates. I figured it out all by myself, and I did it all by myself. No rehab or anything. This was many years ago, back in 2007, so maybe some folks are more widely aware of it by now. I hope so.

Anyway.

My opioid habit started in 2000, for no other reason than a relentless, agonizing toothache which just would not go away! I was 29 at the time, and had never had any problems with substance abuse.

My grandmother, suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, was practically awash with painkillers that she would save up. I'm talking drug dealer amounts! I didn't go to her seeking drugs, but when I complained about my toothache to her, well. My grandmother did what grandmothers are wont to do for their suffering grandchildren:

"Here honey," she said, handing me a large zip-lock baggie absolutely crammed with at least a hundred of those purple, 10 mg hydrocodones. "Take a couple of these when it hurts."

Ok, thought I. I took two right then and there, and went home. It only took thirty minutes within taking my first opioid to fall head over heels in love with opiates.

This continued until 2004. At that time, grandmother was giving me hydrocodone, tramadol, morphine sulphate, darvons, oxycontin, oxycodone, codeine cough syrup - anything she had that she'd either give to me, or stashes of hidden pills I'd manage to discover for myself when she wasn't aware of it.

I had become an addict, and the problem was becoming obvious. Slowly, over the course of a few months, grandmother began to cut me off from her pills until, finally, I didn't have a drug dealer anymore.

So I got creative.

I ordered poppy pods regularly from eBay. Back then they were readily available. I began buying poppy seeds in bulk wherever I could, and through trial and error, perfected the process of making poppy seed tea. My drug dealers had become eBay, grocery stores like Central Market and Fiesta, arts and craft stores like Joann's and Michaels, and online bulk suppliers of poppy seeds.

I continued this way for three more years, until it began to become apparent to the proprietors of these sources that I, and possibly a few others, were obtaining ridiculous quantities of practically pure morphine, and perfectly legally.

In July of 2007, my legal sources were starting to catch on and began to dry up. You couldn't order poppy pods on eBay anymore. Bulk suppliers of poppy seeds were shipping seeds which had been 'washed', with no morphine. Arts and crafts stores dried up. Grocery stores dried up.

EVERYBODY dried up. I had never made an illegal drug purchase on the streets, and didn't know how. I didn't have any experience with it.

Sometimes, very rarely, I'd be able to get my hands on some good poppy seeds by driving from Dallas, where I lived, to Austin, where their stores remained relatively untouched by the rare bird such as myself.

I couldn't afford, nor did I have the time, to do that regularly, however. I began to experience withdrawals more and more frequently, in between the rare fix I was able to locate once in a while, by locating grocery stores online within a reasonable radius of where I lived in Dallas, which I hadn't plundered yet.

During this time of habitual opioid abuse, I ran across an interesting tidbit of info online - that loperamide, commercially known as Imodium, is an opioid.

I also learned, by doing some more research, that loperamide was originally developed decades ago as a powerful pain management tool. However, when they realized that loperamide didn't cross the blood-brain barrier, and had no effect on pain whatsoever, they marketed it instead as an anti-diarrheal, to which it proved to be extremely effective, with a practically non-existent potential for abuse. It doesn't get you high.

One day while I was experiencing one of those full-blown opiate withdrawal episodes, I remembered this fact about loperamide - that it was originally developed for pain management, and that it was, in fact, an opioid.

"Loperamide. That rings a bell for some reason. Shit. I'm in full blown withdrawal mode. This sucks! But loperamide... didn't I read somewhere that loperamide was originally developed as a painkiller? That it is, in fact, a bonafide opioid? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. What the hell, I'm ready to try anything! Maybe, just maybe, if I take enough loperamide, gradually and carefully, it might at least help to curb these godawful withdrawals."

I drove to the grocery store. Oh my God! Imodium was expensive! $12 for 24 2mg pills! I looked around some more and discovered a generic brand. $3 for one bottle of generic Imodium, containing 48 2mg loperamide pills. Wow! Much cheaper. I spent $6 and purchased two bottles.

I was right smack dab in the middle of full on, merciless opiate withdrawals. They don't get any worse than what I was experiencing. I don't know about IV users, because I've never injected anything... but my own brand of opioid withdrawals were bad enough. I'd been a user for seven years, so I had plenty of experience with withdrawals, enough to recognize when the suffering was at it's peak.

Anyway. I got home, sat down on the couch, switched on the tube for some distraction, and formulated a plan. Before I actually began with what basically amounted to as an experiment on myself, I wanted to structure it. I wanted to be careful. I definitely didn't want to wind up constipated and trying to shit the equivalent of a pinecone through the rough, dry hole of a brick. That would have just been icing on top of the cake of experiencing withdrawals at their worst.

So I proceeded thusly. After I'd gotten home and settled, I opened one of those bottles and took two loperamide pills, the recommended dosage indicated on the bottle. I timed myself... like I said, I wanted to be careful. After exactly 15 minutes, I took two more loperamide pills. I timed myself again. 15 minutes later, I took two more.

I sat on the couch, watching the tube, and continued this carefully timed process of taking two loperamide pills every fifteen minutes. Then, about two hours into the experiment...

To my amazement, I noticed a significant change. My withdrawals were starting to fade! They weren't gone completely, but they were definitely at least cut in half! I thought to myself, excitedly...

I continued for another 2 hours, taking two pills, every fifteen minutes. It took four hours, but after that, my withdrawals were completely gone! Again, I thought excitedly:

"What a discovery I've made! Nobody else knows about this! I've never seen it mentioned anywhere on Bluelight! Does anyone else in the entire world know that you can erase opioid withdrawals completely, easily, and cheaply, with an over the counter, generic form of Imodium??"

The only tools I'd ever known about which were used for managing opioid addiction were suboxone and methadone, both of which have the potential for abuse.

However, loperamide doesn't get you high at all, but it definitely erases opiate withdrawals!

I thought, "Maybe I can make use of this cheap, readily available thing called loperamide to break these shackles of addiction on my own, without the expense of rehab, doctors, therapists, and other far more expensive drugs for treating opioid addiction, and all the while, keeping it completely to myself! It can remain a private problem, one for me and only me to solve, without having to involve anyone else! Nobody will ever even know what I'm doing! Oh my God, I can't believe I've discovered this, and apparently, nobody else knows about it!"

So the next stage of the experiment began. That summer of 2007, I began taking loperamide regularly to keep withdrawals from developing. It continued to work. I spent the next few years utilizing this method of self-treatment, while slowly tapering down my dosage. Every now and then I would taper it too much, and I'd start to experience withdrawals. I'd up my dose for a little while, then continue the tapering process.

Sometimes I would despair that I'd never be able to kick this new habit, of replacing actual drugs with loperamide in order to eventually erase opioids from my life, but I persevered. Like I've mentioned, this was a years long process of self-experimentation.

It took a few years, longer than I'd expected it to take when I began, but eventually I was able to taper myself off of loperamide with absolutely zero withdrawal symptoms.

I was finally free!

Sure, it cost some money to get my loperamide fix every day so I could function, but it was relatively cheap, I could afford it, and damn it, it was worth it! Loperamide works unheard of wonders for opiate withdrawals, and I wish more addicts knew about this. I hope more addicts know about it now, several years after my own experience.

I've been off of opioids now for almost ten years, and I'm pretty proud of myself, if I do say so, for figuring this shit out on my own.

I just wish more people knew about it. I don't know how many people nowadays, more than a decade after figuring it out for myself, are aware of loperamide as a tool for managing withdrawals, but it's my intention here to supply this information - that you can use an easily obtained, cheap, over the counter medication as a powerful and effective self-treatment program to kick the godawful affliction of opioid addiction. No rehab or doctors or withdrawals necessary.

It can probably be accomplished a lot more quickly than the several years it took for me to kick opioids, by tapering with loperamide, but I was forging my way through uncharted territory.

During those years of self-treatment using loperamide, I was functional, able to work, and didn't have to live in constant fear of imminent withdrawals.

That's how I kicked opioids, by using an over-the-counter, generic, extremely less expensive form of Imodium.

Loperamide.

I hope this helps some people who may be currently struggling with opioid addiction.

That's hella weird i hear alot of people use it for this purpose I never have ive taken 100 pills (200mg)
And never gained a high i routinely take 30 to 50 pills a week for ibs-d its litterally a life saver for ibs-d

Hello, Bluelighters.

Anyway.

So I got creative.

I was finally free!

Loperamide.

Holy shit!!! You told me to fuck off in your original post about being high from loperamide in TR when I still posted under my original pseudonym. Glad to hear you're doing ok, I sort of expected to find a thread a out you in the shrine...

Wow, do you now work for a loperamide company? It’s sounds like you never took a shit for years and years.

But seriously, loperamide can fuck up your heart if you take to much, which it sounds like you did (for years). Severe cardiac arrhythmias including QTc prolongation can happen when you overtake loperamide. Today, loperamide holds a Black Box Warning for reports of Torsades de Pointes and sudden death when used in higher than recommended doses.

I am glad to hear that you are now opiate/opioid free, but recommending taking large amounts of loperamide is downright dangerous. You should read some of the many threads here about loperamide addiction. From experience reports all over the internet, loperamide addiction can be just as horrible and sometimes more horrible than opioids that do readily cross the blood brain barrier. People use other substances to potentiate loperamide so that it does cross the BBB. The most common substances used in combination with loperamide are cimetidine, and grapefruit juice, both strong CYP3A4 inhibitors which will delay loperamide’s metabolism and thereby increase serum concentrations.

Loperamide isn’t a safe way to get off opioids, and is downright dangerous.

—Wizard

Wizard.

I'm aware of the dangers you've pointed out. Loperamide addiction is, after all, what I wound up going through when I was trying to kick the kind of opiates that actually get you high. It was a years long struggle, kicking my almost decade long opioid habit, by replacing it with loperamide. However, that struggle was still a hell of a lot easier than constantly living in fear of imminent withdrawal, and wondering EVERY DAY where the hell I would get my next fix.

After discovering loperamide, and realizing its' potential as a self administered treatment for kicking opiates, I researched the dangers. I wanted to know what I was getting into. I wanted to arm myself with as much information as possible, because I was blazing a blind trail through a jungle of hopelessness... and not just for myself.

Back then, I suspected that I was the only human being on the planet who was aware of this information, that loperamide will effectively erase terrible, awful, hellish opiate withdrawals! Therefore, I also felt obligated to try it out, and to share this information, if it turned out to be successful. I want to offer hope, because I have a heart and can experience empathy.

Do you think I had a choice? Once I discovered loperamide, and how it could effectively erase withdrawals, there was only one choice. I didn't have any resources, or insurance, or a whole lot of money. I had to remain functional, and one simply cannot function while going through withdrawals. I had a job. I had rent to pay. I had bills. I was completely stuck. I didn't see any way out.

Can you imagine how I felt upon discovering that loperamide will make opoid withdrawals go away, like magic?

To me, it was like finding a box filled with a million dollars! It felt like a miracle, and loperamide turned out to be exactly that... a miracle. Loperamide worked for me. It unburdened me of my addiction to opioids.

I'm therefore OBLIGATED to share this information with others who are suffering like I was... This message of Hope.

Granted, as with any other opioid, there are dangers associated with taking loperamide in large quantities.

However, lots of things other than just drugs can kill you. I was hit by a car four years ago that almost killed me. I've survived a couple or three car wrecks that should have killed me, but didn't. I once passed out in the afternoon sun of a Texas summer for hours after taking Ambien, before finally being discovered and picked up by an ambulance. My temperature when I got to the hospital was 105° F. I came very close to death in that instance.

My point is, a lot of things other than merely taking narcotics can injure and/or kill you. Taking the Fun version of opioids can kill you. You can wind up dead, and left for someone to discover your stinking, rotting, overdosed corpse.

Which do you think is more likely? Dying by using loperamide to kick opiates, or dying by overdosing on heroin or oxycontin or whatever? Which risk is worth taking, when you're already neck-deep in a fucked-up situation, and every choice available to you contains risk?

What would you suggest otherwise, for someone with no resources, no insurance, and very little money? Someone with no hope?

In my case, I would suggest dying as opposed to living with my opioid addiction for the rest of my life. Believe me when I say that I had considered suicide on many occasions. That's how hopeless I was. I was almost willing to die, just to be rid of the hell of opipid addiction.

So, it simply comes down to this. You have to weigh the benefits compared to the risk.
Benefits - being nearly destitute, and with no other choice but to use loperamide as a cheap, easily obtainable form of self treatment to kick opioids for good, while remaining functional.

Risks - taking other, much more expensive, much less available medications such as suboxone and methadone, both with far much more potential for abuse than loperamide. Plus, all of the associated health problems inherent to taking any opioid, such as, of course, the very real possibility of death by overdosing.
I think I have more knowledge on this subject than anybody who's ever posted anything in any thread on these forums regarding the use of loperamide as a self treatment method to kick opiates, because I've experienced it. I've done it. I've gone through the entire years-long process, from beginning to end... a process which probably can be shortened dramatically, in retrospect.

But I was blazing my own trail. I wasn't sure about anything, and I had to feel my way through the whole thing pretty much blindly, with hope as my only motivation.

As far as the risks go for using loperamide as a self-management tool to kick opiates, well. Fuck the risks, I say. The risks are worth it. As for the benefits, here's the most important one... hope. Hope for people like me as I was a decade ago, who are addicted and without resources, and with nothing else to lose.

Thanks for your advice, Wixard, on the risks of taking loperamide and all. The only other thing I can say in response to that, is that life is full of risks... most which we just take for granted, like driving a car. You can die from doing that. You can fall down the steps and break your neck. You can get hit by a car and be injured severely, which has actually happened to me. There are a great many opportunities to get damaged in this life and/or wind up dead, other than taking narcotics.

But here I am. I survived loperamide, and I kicked opiates with it. I'm my own success story. It worked for me, and it can work for others. I'm offering hope here. What is hope, without risks? Just another word. Risk is intrinsic to Hope.

I hope that other struggling addicts who want to be rid of this terrible affliction, to follow my advice, and are successful in kicking their opioid habits, like I was.

Respectfully,
-Mal

I'm sorry, but touting loperamide as a miracle cure for opiate addiction is not wise. I don't doubt your experience, but all you did was replace one opiate addiction with another. You said you were taking loperamide for years and had to gradually wean yourself off to prevent withdrawal, so what did it do that methadone or buprenorphine cannot?

Also, I can't believe that you've never seen loperamide mentioned in Bluelight to ease withdrawal.

Where have you been, stuck in the bog? ;)
No, I haven't been stuck in a bog. That's the whole point! I've been living my life.

What loperamide can do that methadone and buprenorphine cannot is get you high. Loperamide is also available without a prescription, as I've already mentioned several times... cheaply and over-the-counter. It's a very strong opioid, and almost nobody is aware of this. Especially not John Q Public.

You can go into withdrawals just as severe as morphine if you suddenly stop taking loperamide, but what loperamide can also do is negate the bother and fuss of rehab. That is, if you are lucky enough to afford rehab, or lucky enough to have insurance, or you're lucky enough to live in a country that provides free healthcare. Many people simply aren't lucky.

What would you suggest for someone with no means? Someone who is destitute, and desperate? what kind of advice would you offer? Have you actually gone to the trouble, years and years of trouble, to figure a way out of this desperate situation? What have you done to try to make things better? What kind of hellish nightmares have you endured, by basically experimenting upon yourself for the common good?

What exactly have you done to try to ease the suffering of others? What kind of plan have you come up with that might offer a solution to alleviate the suffering of others, where a solution otherwise is simply not available?

What have you done? I know what I did. I've shared it all here, and you can either take it or leave it.

What I'm offering here is a solution. It's not perfect. Rehab isn't perfect, either. Neither are the normally prescribed drugs which are designed as treatment methods for opioid addicts.

What I'm offering is completely unconventional. Shocking. Likely to be disbelieved. Likely to be met with an equal and opposing force.

I don't don't give a fuck. if somebody reads my original post and benefits from it too, that's my purpose. To help. I'm not interested in arguing, going over semantics, debating the value of this treatment over another treatment, or whatever the hell.

My primary motivation is empathy. To help. Doctors can fail you. Conventional treatments can fail you. This treatment might fail you.

All all of that changes nothing. It's a method that works. An imperfect method, but one which I've proven by using myself as my own test subject. I've already taken the risks, and I've proven that it can be done.

If someone wants to take my advice, great! I hope it works for you like it did for me. It may not be perfect, but in a lot of situations, what I have discovered may be the only choice for addicts who are otherwise completely desperate and with no other option.

That's it. I've proven that taking loperamide can be an extremely effective method of self treatment for kicking an opioid habit. If you can afford rehab, and the conventional medicine, and the therapy, and all of that shit that requires money, then go for it! I wish you luck.

For anyone else without any other means, I've already done the legwork.I've already applied the brains inside my noggin toward the discovery of an unconventional way out of a situation which can pretty much be described as hell on Earth.

I've done the thinking out of the box. I've reacted to a desperate situation by using intelligence to solve a problem. I've discovered an unconventional treatment for opioid addiction that works.

Holy shit!!! You told me to fuck off in your original post about being high from loperamide in TR when I still posted under my original pseudonym. Glad to hear you're doing ok, I sort of expected to find a thread a out you in the shrine...
Wow. You have a long memory for petrified bullshit.

Yeah, I still stand by those almost 15 year old posts about getting high on loperamide. It didn't last forever. The whole getting high thing on it happened while I was trying to kick opioids. It didn't last for very long, but it did happen.

Anyway. Whoever you are, if I did tell you to fuck off more than a decade ago, I probably had good reason for doing so. I certainly can't remember it though, or you. Sorry.

Since you happen to be blessed with this superhuman crap detector which identifies and digs up decades old memories of anonymous insults, why not post them here? I know I'd get a kick out of it!

Maybe we could share a virtual beer, fondly remembering otherwise impossible memories available to most of us.

I'm not sure whether or not I should tell you to fuck off...

Anyway. Cheers!

Malfunkshun,
Three things I want to say to you:
1) The Loperamide is totally keeping my withdrawals at bay from my Oxy addiction. I have only had 10mg over the past 5 days and I’m not doing as badly as I expected.
2) Too bad our boy L’Andrew wasn’t able to kick his H habit. I do enjoy me some Mother Love Bone and I wonder what he’d be doing if he were alive today. Layne as well.
3) Congrats on your sobriety!
That is all...
Jules

Wow. You have a long memory for petrified bullshit.

Yeah, I still stand by those almost 15 year old posts about getting high on loperamide. It didn't last forever. The whole getting high thing on it happened while I was trying to kick opioids. It didn't last for very long, but it did happen.

Anyway. Whoever you are, if I did tell you to fuck off more than a decade ago, I probably had good reason for doing so. I certainly can't remember it though, or you. Sorry.

Since you happen to be blessed with this superhuman crap detector which identifies and digs up decades old memories of anonymous insults, why not post them here? I know I'd get a kick out of it!

Maybe we could share a virtual beer, fondly remembering otherwise impossible memories available to most of us.

I'm not sure whether or not I should tell you to fuck off...

Anyway. Cheers!

I definitely deserved to be told to fuck off in retrospect, I made a low brow joke about never hitting again. Still, glad to hear you're still alive and doing ok!

Malfunkshun,
Three things I want to say to you:
1) The Loperamide is totally keeping my withdrawals at bay from my Oxy addiction. I have only had 10mg over the past 5 days and I’m not doing as badly as I expected.
2) Too bad our boy L’Andrew wasn’t able to kick his H habit. I do enjoy me some Mother Love Bone and I wonder what he’d be doing if he were alive today. Layne as well.
3) Congrats on your sobriety!
That is all...
Jules
How are you doing just now? im on low dose of subutex half a mg after tapering from 12mg which was shit lol iv went and bought some immodium to help with the withdrawals,im sick of folk saying well just bite the bullet if you have come this far like i havent tried a million times. i hope it works im only going to take it for 7 days to get over the worst of the wd,let me know how you are and good luck

I agree with you 100%—I would never take that advice to just go ahead and let yourself go through withdrawals since you’ve come this far, blah, blah, blah...
I just kept cutting up my 20mg Oxys so that I was taking 5mg every 3rd day, and I was taking a fair amount of Kratom and Loperamide daily. I never got full-blown withdrawals, but I was definitely uncomfortable. I think all of the above remedies really helped make those days that I didn’t have enough pills relatively survivable. Sure, I was still counting down the days until I could next pick up my prescription for more Oxys but it definitely could have been worse if I didn’t have the Loperamide and kratom...

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!
I did this exact thing starting February 2018.
I would average, when I ran out of my opiates, 96 to 130, loperamide pills a day. Now this was ONLY when I would run out of my prescription so for about 2 weeks a month I would take loperamide. Fast forward to June 25th of this year. At 4am I went into cardiac arrest at home. Im 37. I felt like I was going to pass out. I did. My husband said I went straight back into my chair (this was after a short fainting spell 30 minutes prior) I went into a grand mal seizure, stopped breathing, heart stopped. He was about to preform CPR until I stood up! 911 called. They arrive. I was in constant pvcs. Ride to FIRST hospital. Went into cardiac arrest. Needed CPR, heart shocked. Died! Transferred to another hospital. Heart shocked 8 more times. Had tordes de pointes, and couldn't keep a rhythm. Blamed it on Prolonged QT from Loperamide. Rushed into emergency surgery for a temporary pacemaker. 6 days in the ICU later I was given a 2 lead ICD. Which is a pacemaker and defibulater. Ya know to shock my heart when it fails because I fucked it up with Loperamide. My life forever changed, ruined, whatever you want to call it. I never tried H, I never bought pills off the streets, I thought I was doing the "right" thing!
Please don't mess with Loperamide. It does ease the withdrawal. It does help. But at what cost????

Read my story. Do not try this. Do not try this. Do not try this.
Thank you. I posted a wrong reply. Still getting used to this forum. If my story could save someone it be nice. Im living with an ICD my whole life now. Im on heart medications. Im tired. Cold. Restrictions. Shorter life expectancy. I have a 4 year old. All because I was trying to avoid withdrawal!!! If I could turn back the clock!!! And I didn't take it everyday!! Please people please. Rethink this medication for withdrawal!

Don't do it, it's a known thing theses days for people to take imodium for withdraws 100s of pills, GOOGLE THE SHIT OUT OF IT pardon the pun, horror story's on drug forums! Whys this thread not deleted DO NOT TRY THIS "HACK"

And apparently imodium withdrawal is hell

Yeah people need to stop recommending massive doses of loperamide for opiate WD. The dangers are pretty clear and it's still an opioid (though a very toxic one) after all so it will probably prolong the WDs.

What loperamide can do that methadone and buprenorphine cannot is get you high.

And this is nonsense.

@Fairy of the Flowers i didn't delete it cos responders pointed out the obvious flaw in this plan (i.e. what does it do that medically approved opioid substitutes do?) and the dangers to your heart. i think its reasonable for people to post their experience.

i agree with everyone else here, lperamide is dangerous, and shouldn't be used long term for opioid withdrawal. furthermore, no substitution therapy tackles the cause of addiction, so leaves people vulnerable to relapse unless they have appropriate psychological support.