• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How Has Cannabis Helped You?

Cannabis has saved my life.

I rely a lot less on benzos.
I have quit and don't ever plain to drink again in life.
I only use roxi30's once a month now.
I barely use MXE/Ketamine.

As long as I have weed to come home to, my overall mental health and life in general is better.

Helps my anxiety and chronic pain. It's a blessing when painkillers can be used for fun every now and then and not something you need for pain.

Life without weed would not be life to me. It's more than just about getting stoned. It's a ritual. The buzz is just a bonus. The plant is amazing for so many reasons.

^^Indeed and in every way agreed.
I must say reading that you've battled the 'drink' and won resonates with what my loved one is going through. But he is still there and without weed. (not that it isn't in the house but he refuses it)
I am glad to read of a success story regarding this.

How I wish he could do the same. He is young and has been drinking very heavily (though he claims its just like water, that lager) for most of his life and though I've only known the man for a few years now, I can see he is losing some brain function and damaging his organs. There is no reasoning with him.
If I didn't have 'mari' to help me, I don't think I'd be lasting in this relationship.

But I just really wanted to say, GOOD ON YOU for making it through and I wish you every continuing success regarding such.

Weed is a stress reliever for me. I only use it once or twice a week but it's a great release valve and when I'm having a bad week just knowing it's an option helps relax me. I'm on a tolerance break right now and I definitely feel the difference.

More than that, though, it's a hobby for me. I almost exclusively use capsules and the process of making them, fine-tuning the procedure, and learning the science behind it is a rewarding pursuit in itself. Having a challenging hobby is really helpful for people with anxiety and depression issues.

^^Indeed and in every way agreed.
I must say reading that you've battled the 'drink' and won resonates with what my loved one is going through. But he is still there and without weed. (not that it isn't in the house but he refuses it)
I am glad to read of a success story regarding this.

How I wish he could do the same. He is young and has been drinking very heavily (though he claims its just like water, that lager) for most of his life and though I've only known the man for a few years now, I can see he is losing some brain function and damaging his organs. There is no reasoning with him.
If I didn't have 'mari' to help me, I don't think I'd be lasting in this relationship.

But I just really wanted to say, GOOD ON YOU for making it through and I wish you every continuing success regarding such.

Thank you. Took me 3-4 hospital visits to wake me up. Drinking used to be fun, but now it's turns me into Mr. Hyde and I can't put my family through it anymore. They basically almost lost 4 times in the last 3 years and it's wrong of me to have put them through such pain.

Interesting fact my doctor told about alcoholics. We effect 9 people around us; not just family and friends. People you don't think are effected by it are. That fact really stuck with me. I went as far and went to all my local watering holes and told the management no matter how much money I throw at them, never ever serve me anything but water or cola. Thankfully I know these people are on my side. Takes a good support system to. This forum has been helpful; as have local friends who have been where I am and made it through. AA isn't for me, but it's VERY much needed to have people you can talk to who actually LISTEN.

My prayers are with you and your loved one. Be as supportive as possible. Don't try to force him as that can have a negative reaction. He has to WANT to quit, but having your support will be a huge help. It's hard when your loved one is dealing with this issue to be as calm and understanding as possible. We can still have bad days and I won't lie I do worry of relapse. We need people to talk to and vent. I've tried professional help, but my past history makes them all think in-patient is the only way. So I'd have to lie and keep some shit private in order to get out-patient. That defeats the whole purpose of it right? Sucks. I told them that all in-patient to me a jail sentence and I would just plain a huge blowoff once I get out and end up worse than when I went in. Sucks when you can't convince them all you want is to give them their money and see them a few times a week to talk. Blowoff steam basically.

So in short, I've setup a very good support base around me and cut out all the friends who get me in trouble. Gets a little lonely, but I don't have bad influence constantly around me.

Good luck, I hope he sees the light and doesn't need another wake up call. Thanks again for your positive feedback. Means a lot.

Instant stress reliever!!!! I use to take Klonopins 4 anxiety... everything I needed and actually helped my anxiety was there all along.. ♡beautiful natural maryjane..♡ she never let's me down♥ lol love staying up late just to smoke lol I love smoking when I'm sick lol love waking up (wake&bake is a must) knowing I have bud. Its never ever enough... I could always get higher! Its impossible to say no to her.. lol
If weed was a girl id go lezzie 4 it in a heartbeat lol
Do u guys ever think. .. if marijuana was a female she'd b the wifey type!! Lol she dont nag. She makes u feel bomb gets u high gives u appetite she's always there when u need her and you know she won't let u down smells bomb looks so pretty.. lol yea I'm in love with maryjane lol what can I say? Positive vibes.. fun.. memories..silliness. .stress reliever. ..laughter... ice breaker..munchies lol

I have rls, so it helps me sleep. Also I have sciatica and it helps the pain and also the opiate w/d's I go through every month. Amazing stuff, I used to honestly hate the feeling of it but not anymore. Helps me so much and I wouldn't know what to do about it.

I have rls, so it helps me sleep. Also I have sciatica and it helps the pain and also the opiate w/d's I go through every month. Amazing stuff, I used to honestly hate the feeling of it but not anymore. Helps me so much and I wouldn't know what to do about it.

Just wondering... what was it that you hated about it, and how did you get over the feeling of hating it? I'm just asking because, I don't know if you read my previous posts in this thread, but for me it's kinda the opposite... I used to love it and it used to affect me great, but now even small amounts tend to be overwhelming and negative for me... When I'm by myself and smoke nowadays, I will overanalyze my life through excessive and delusional negative introspection. When I'm with people and do it, I get anxious and shy and paranoid to the point of just being antisocial... not to mention so spaced out that I can't even follow a conversation. I used to love it for music appreciation and learning to play the guitar though, and it never used to bother me like it does now. Did it do that for you too? If so how'd you get over it?

This is why I turned onto opiates... and I hate that life decision and opiates and the withdrawals and addiction which come with it that I've been through. Kratom helps, but that's addictive too.

I much prefer opiates to canibus but i have such an opiate tolerance now and they are getting hard to get so I haven't really been able to enjoy them for awhile. If I could always get a "high" from opiates and no withdrawls pretty much saying if opiates had as much risk as canibus use then I would only use them. My favorite buzz is a good opiate buzz where you are knub all over and a couple of beers, nothing better in my opinion. Honestly I hated the paranoia and the rapid heart rate of what it did to me. I think it was when I started combing other things with it when it got better like alcohol and benzos. That's my only guess either that or I just got used to it. It takes a lot of weed to get me high now, I roll up 2 blunts and smoke a bowl to get high it usually only used to take 3 hits, wow those days are gone.

If you are not feeling high halfway through a blunt, you're smoking some really shitty weed

Thank you. Took me 3-4 hospital visits to wake me up. Drinking used to be fun, but now it's turns me into Mr. Hyde and I can't put my family through it anymore. They basically almost lost 4 times in the last 3 years and it's wrong of me to have put them through such pain.

Interesting fact my doctor told about alcoholics. We effect 9 people around us; not just family and friends. People you don't think are effected by it are. That fact really stuck with me. I went as far and went to all my local watering holes and told the management no matter how much money I throw at them, never ever serve me anything but water or cola. Thankfully I know these people are on my side. Takes a good support system to. This forum has been helpful; as have local friends who have been where I am and made it through. AA isn't for me, but it's VERY much needed to have people you can talk to who actually LISTEN.

My prayers are with you and your loved one. Be as supportive as possible. Don't try to force him as that can have a negative reaction. He has to WANT to quit, but having your support will be a huge help. It's hard when your loved one is dealing with this issue to be as calm and understanding as possible. We can still have bad days and I won't lie I do worry of relapse. We need people to talk to and vent. I've tried professional help, but my past history makes them all think in-patient is the only way. So I'd have to lie and keep some shit private in order to get out-patient. That defeats the whole purpose of it right? Sucks. I told them that all in-patient to me a jail sentence and I would just plain a huge blowoff once I get out and end up worse than when I went in. Sucks when you can't convince them all you want is to give them their money and see them a few times a week to talk. Blowoff steam basically.

So in short, I've setup a very good support base around me and cut out all the friends who get me in trouble. Gets a little lonely, but I don't have bad influence constantly around me.

Good luck, I hope he sees the light and doesn't need another wake up call. Thanks again for your positive feedback. Means a lot.

and I appreciate your insight. Yup, I hope he pulls through. I must be 'ginger' on the approach and time and patience all must play a part.

but again man, so good to hear of how well your doing. I don't know you but I feel proud none the less. I figure the more I hear of others pulling through alcohol addictions, the more courage it gives me to fight for my love one.

Thank you for sharing and all the best to you and yours

I much prefer opiates to canibus but i have such an opiate tolerance now and they are getting hard to get so I haven't really been able to enjoy them for awhile. If I could always get a "high" from opiates and no withdrawls pretty much saying if opiates had as much risk as canibus use then I would only use them. My favorite buzz is a good opiate buzz where you are knub all over and a couple of beers, nothing better in my opinion. Honestly I hated the paranoia and the rapid heart rate of what it did to me. I think it was when I started combing other things with it when it got better like alcohol and benzos. That's my only guess either that or I just got used to it. It takes a lot of weed to get me high now, I roll up 2 blunts and smoke a bowl to get high it usually only used to take 3 hits, wow those days are gone.

Yep I feel the same exact way about the opiates as you, and the opiate + beer buzz as well... if there was no tolerance, addiction and withdrawal involved, it would be great. It's the same thing with weed for me I have to mix it but at the same time I just don't like having to do that, so I just usually don't smoke anymore except randomly here or there. I've been clean from opiates for over 2 months now though... with the exception of Kratom, which I'm also trying to cut the habit of.

Instant stress reliever!!!! I use to take Klonopins 4 anxiety... everything I needed and actually helped my anxiety was there all along.. ♡beautiful natural maryjane..♡ she never let's me down♥ lol love staying up late just to smoke lol I love smoking when I'm sick lol love waking up (wake&bake is a must) knowing I have bud. Its never ever enough... I could always get higher! Its impossible to say no to her.. lol
Do u guys ever think. .. if marijuana was a female she'd b the wifey type!! Lol she dont nag. She makes u feel bomb gets u high gives u appetite she's always there when u need her and you know she won't let u down smells bomb looks so pretty.. lol yea I'm in love with maryjane lol what can I say? Positive vibes.. fun.. memories..silliness. .stress reliever. ..laughter... ice breaker..munchies lol

^^^Made me smile reading this post; someones in love!!! Pretty sweet Sativa... very nice.

She was the FIRST woman I feel in love with. Still is the love of my life. I've told past girls that MJ comes first, so they must accept me as it and not be one of those "i'm going to change this guy" types. MJ over a relationship anyday. Rather be alone and answer to no one that not have MJ. Some may find this odd or crazy logic LOL.

Oh sweet sweet Mari Jane, let me count the ways but first let me roll another one. How sad indeed it is when you vanish from my bowl and the thought occurs that I need more
but how you soothe me, calm my nerves and make those mountains molehills, how you cure my World.
From the sound of it, we are all in love with you and appreciate you so.....
If only we could vent you into Government buildings... ah a girl can dream...

Helped brighten my sense of humor and have an open mind I guess. I'll laugh at anything when I'm high

I'd say it has helped me with nausea a great deal not to mention its anti depressant effects.
Unfortunately it makes my anxiety creep 10 fold while making me very lazy and unmotivated.

So many beautiful responses. I use a small amount when I feel down and in a dark hopeless place. I feel much more positive and happy. I feel hopeful. Like the future will be bright. I laugh more. My brain finds people and ideas much more interesting.

I have bipolar disorder. Cannabis keeps me in a more positive mood in general and on an even keel. I still get down sometimes but its much more manageable if I have been smoking regularly and have THC and other compounds built up in my system.

It helps me relax enough so I can think of things to converse about in social situations. It deffinitely puts me in a place to enjoy the present moment. Helps me not worry about problems I may have in the future. And I don't have to use very much for these effects. Thank you God for this gift!