• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How fast can u get pulmonary embolism through snorting ADHD meds

Byzek

Bluelighter
Well I did not know that its dangerous to snort meds because they have substances in it which can cause pulmonary embolism.
Injectimg is also dangerous.

Wow.

I snorted like 4 pills Im really worried rn.

You're fine, calm down. That happens after you snort enough pills for long enough that the fillers and binders build up in your lungs, or if injected build up other places. You'll be fine as long as you don't keep doing it. Just eat them if ADHD meds

I think the increased risk of pulmonary embolism is due to the vasoconstriction. If I understand the condition correctly, its when a vein gets blocked in the lungs. Usually you have to already be at risk for this like you have an internal clot somewhere where a piece may break off and then get stuck in the lung vasculature or a broken off piece of plaque gets stuck. Vasoconstriction makes the lumen smaller so that a piece which would have passed through easily before would now get stuck. Most people likely don't have to worry about this but if you're concerned about your risk level I would definitely talk to a physician. If you notice any symptoms like sudden shortness of breath and chest pains then seek emergency care

Well I did not know that its dangerous to snort meds because they have substances in it which can cause pulmonary embolism.
Injectimg is also dangerous.

Wow.

I snorted like 4 pills Im really worried rn.
Lol are you being serious? Bro I have honestly snorted almost 200 different kinds of prescription pills. And I'm fine. And you're worried because you snorted 4?

There have been countless threads by Byzek where they're panicked about something innocuous like this, OCD and stimulants don't mix well.

Less easily solved binders can't be good for you but I imagine it's no worse than dust or concrete. You'd have to have something pre existing for a few pills to cause an embolism and it makes no difference if it's snorted or not, if a clot is breaking off it's breaking off.

Last edited:
I snorted focalin and ritalin pills daily for a few years. Granted my lungs are probably full of silica particles that might catch up with me later in life, but nothing immediately happened to me.

Is there any point in snorting adhd pills?

is it just because it hits faster or is the actual high better?

never done it.