• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How does sleep deprivation negatively effect a trip?

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I've always wondered this. I assume you would trip harder, maybe in a bad way?

What kind of effect would the build up of toxins in the brain from sleep deprivation have on a trip?

Kind of a random/weird question... also probably a dumb one, but I'm curious.

I'm not talking about taking stims for days then tripping... did that before and it was a nightmare. I'm talking about just natural sleep deprivation without stims.

Last edited:
Makes you have less energy and not as mentally grounded so your mind will be tired and thus greater chance of psychosis or bad trip.

I'm an insomniac so sleep deprivation is something I have to deal with in a regular basis. Lack of sleep most definitely negatively affects the trip.
However, I usually go to a 5 day festival annually and get very little sleep there and still manage to have a blast on drugs. Though, I would imagine that if i got absolutely no sleep at that festival the 5th day would be terrible.

Pain levels go up due to lack of sleep. Loss of appetite. Headaches as someone else said. Seeing shit that isn't there like shadow people. Take all the bad things about major sleep deprivation and add your DOC on top. I'm not a fan of it because tripping usually means I won't be sleeping for at least 24 hours anyway.

What if I take benzos to sleep but still sleep but not very well, how long after I've took the benzo can I trip as I know it stops my the trip

Still want to try this blotter I've had saved for ages as the mirtazapine is out of my system now, but pregabalin and clonazepam isn't and I'm not sleeping to good because mirtazapine is such a good sleeper, well till it poops out on you, not even pregabalin and benzos make me as sleep as long lol