• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How does methadone compare to morphine or oxy?

FunctionalJnkieGal

Greenlighter
I'm running out of morphine and oxy, but found a methadone tablet that was accidentally put in with my last morphine purchase? Would 1 10mg methadone be enough to hold me over for a couple of days til I get more of the others? I'm used to splitting my 30mg morphine in half (meaning 1 30mg pill will last me 2 days).

Most deff it's a pretty powerful drug and that dose of Morphine is really low. The one dose should last maybe 36 hours. Sometimes when I take Methadone I buy off the street and dose like 100mgs I will be high and outta pain for two days. I have a huge tolerance to Opiates though and have been a using them for 20 years. But with that one 10mg dose I think you should be okay. Even without a tolerance I'd say it would be okay. Back when I was a kid me and my friend would get 40mg Wafers and split them.

Personally I love the way the Methadone high feels for the first week but after that you just feel normal pretty much but out of pain. Which isn't a bad thing If you use opiates for chronic pain. Hope that this medicine helps you feel better. Maybe try taking 5mgs one day and 5mgs the next if you gotta make it that long before you get your next script. Welcome to Bluelight and come back to tell us how it worked out okay.

Id take 5mg one day and 5mg the second.

I like methadone more than oxycodone and morphine, except for the fact that it takes a long time to kick in.

Well my party dose (once a month) is 200mg of oxy or 300mg of morphine, but my maintenance dose (daily dosage) is about 15mg of morphine. I had to ration myself down because they're getting hard to get where I'm from nowadays. 15mg is just enough for me to get shut-eye at night, but I also take a capful of ZzzQuil and some melatonin gummies in conjunction with that. For the most part, I'm just doing what I can to keep withdrawals at bay.