• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How does Mescaline compare to stimulant Psychosis?

Aetherius Rimor

Bluelighter
Over the years I've personally experimented with almost all the well known substances as well as numerous RCs/Analogs; keeping journals to help me understand the effects of each.

There's only two that I've been unable to experiment with: Mescaline and PCP (will research/ask about at another time).

For those who have a decent amount of experience with Mescaline as well as the other Phenethylamines (2Cs, Amphetamines, etc) and Tryptamine based classical psychedelics; can you please describe how Mescaline is the same or different than the others?

I've dived deep into amphetamine stimulant psychosis to the point I'm deeply familiar with it and even enjoy it as a uniquely psychedelic experience (paranoia doesn't affect me for a variety of reasons).

I've wondered how similar these experiences are to Mescaline or if Mescaline has more in common with the 2Cs, Classical Psychedelics or Dissociative Psychedelics (Arylcyclohexylamines like K, MXE, etc)?

Is anyone able to share their perspective on this?

Thanks!

Maybe benzos or some other anti-anxiety drug like zopiclone?^^
I've never had mescaline sadly, apart from tasting a friend's San Pedro smoothie just to taste how awful it is. I hear it's similar to mushrooms/acid though, so very different from stimulant psychosis.
Maybe read The Door of Perception if you wanna know how mescaline is before taking the plunge?

Totally different.

Also, how does one get stimulant psychosis without paranoia? They seem inseparable. Paranoia is generally what preceeds the more severe psychosis.
Perspective shifting how you interpret what is happening around you. I view everything from a Pronoia perspective; the entire universe is conspiring to help me. I then pretend like I'm "in on it" by pretending to be oblivious to it (don't want to spoil the surprise).

Not having any malicious intentions and not having anything to hide also help immensely. So I have nothing to worry about or be afraid of.

It's like all of reality has become a fun game ☺️.

Over the years I've personally experimented with almost all the well known substances as well as numerous RCs/Analogs; keeping journals to help me understand the effects of each.

There's only two that I've been unable to experiment with: Mescaline and PCP (will research/ask about at another time).

For those who have a decent amount of experience with Mescaline as well as the other Phenethylamines (2Cs, Amphetamines, etc) and Tryptamine based classical psychedelics; can you please describe how Mescaline is the same or different than the others?

I've dived deep into amphetamine stimulant psychosis to the point I'm deeply familiar with it and even enjoy it as a uniquely psychedelic experience (paranoia doesn't affect me for a variety of reasons).

I've wondered how similar these experiences are to Mescaline or if Mescaline has more in common with the 2Cs, Classical Psychedelics or Dissociative Psychedelics (Arylcyclohexylamines like K, MXE, etc)?

Is anyone able to share their perspective on this?

Thanks!

Mescaline is the gentlest of psychedelics (well, almost the very much gentle, but certainly the most gentle from among mushrooms/LSD/mescaline). It is as close to MDMA as it is to LSD. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas gave a very inaccurate portrayal of mescaline... it's actually very calm, controllable, loving, introspective... just a lovely molecule. It has nothing whatsoever in common with stimulant psychosis. It has some similarities to 2C0Xs, but all of the 2C-Xs are more 'acute" and visual than mescaline. But mescaline has a unique empathogenic/spiritual vibe to it that is different from anything else, really. In high doses it can be quite visionary, but still a calm, peaceful experience. As for dissociatives, no similarity at all.