• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom How does kratom compare to opioids/opiates in strength?

FunctionalJnkieGrl

Bluelighter
For example, which opioid/opiate does it compare to most in strength? Codeine? Because I've been drinking at least 1 or 1.5 bottles of Ultra Enhanced Gold, K Chill, and Kryptic Kratom shots every night for 2 weeks since I've quit oxy and morphine and kratom doesn't have much of a kick. I worked at a headship selling kratom in the early 2010's when it was just hitting the market and not much was known about it at the time. I know there's different strains with colors such as red, green, and white, but do any of them provide better relief than others? And which is better between the capsules, liquid shots, and tinctures? I guess I should stop expecting some kind of buzz from it and see it for what it really is....a recovery tool.

So, for me I have Buprenorphine but I don't use it cause it would fuck me when I want to go back on oxy, so, I use kratom to weather the storm between buys, so to say. I found that after 12 hours when I take IR type oxy, it helps me with my withdrawal. Gives me my energy back and makes me happy etc. I just use it as a bridge between coping oxy cause I can never plan correctly. So to me kratom is what subs would be but without the insanely long half life and higher affinity to my D1 and D2 receptors.
Also, if you live in Texas, I would move lol that place is NOT drug friendly I have a friend doing time for having a couple grams of concentrate on hum, INSTANT felony.

Being mitragynine ia mu-opioid partial agonist (according to some studies, not all, it seems) it's not like it hits fully those receptors. The most potent mu agonist in kratom it's 7-hidroxymitragynine that it's only in very little quantities in the leaf.
Some people have studied the pharmacodynamics and it seems that in some kratom varieties (think kratom as a TEA (camellia sinensis), different drying methods create slightly different alkaloid ratios, flavours and so...) have more 7-ohm, but... it also seem to depend on metabolism, as mitragynine pseudoindoxil, some "derivative" that it's said to be around while metabolizing mitragynine seems to convert later to 7-ohm....
it's pretty complicated, to be honest, and they don't even know for sure what's going on in the body with all kratom alkaloids (it has more than 40, in lil quantities).

you shouldn't expect a lot of euphoria because it's not an opiATE, but an atypical opiOID (and supposedly partial agonist) There's so many others natural opioids that barely have effects, and also some brutal hell powered synthetic opioids, but it's not the case with kratom. Kratom it's more like buprenorphine in terms of pharmacollogy as it's said to also have an alkaloid that acts as a opioid antagonist, creating a ceiling in effects, specially euphoric effects, in higher dosages. That seems to vary, depending on the person metabolism. For me the euphoric effects reach their top at around 8 grams, then I get nauseaous, but some people have used 20 grams even without tolerance, and they get good effects...

Normally extracts are more potent and euphoric, but they are said to destroy your tolerance to the plain leaf... in anycase you should go to a specific kratom forum where sourcing is allowed, to find proper vendors, as bad leaf it's always very dissapointing and people says that the quality is constantly decreasing since 2017 (more or less), due to enormous demand.

To me it doesn't really compare to pharmaceuticals. To me it's like taking a baby aspirin for a headache when I would rather have an Excedrin. The baby aspirin will help a little but it doesn't really cut it. It's better then nothing but I would rather have the good stuff.

If used correctly it can ease our desire to be high all the time and it can replace an addiction to pills if we let it. We just have to be content that it will never replace the warm fuzzy euphoria of oxy . But it can help us transition off of pills if we give it a chance and realize that if we want a different lifestyle then we just have to realize that it's as good as it's gonna get. Kratom is better then having nothing at all. For me anyway.

I don't know I have been of the opinion based off of toothaches and other pains I have had that kratom mixed with ibuprofen is stronger than say 10 mgs of oxycodone. I have been using on and off since 2006 and have maintained that opinion. I think it is an excellent pain killer especially mixed with some of the other over the counters. The only issue is it does not last long. I think if I am in a lot of pain I can get 4-5 hours relief. Then at that point i wait another 4-5 hours to have more and the pain relief happens again.

I never really use extracts. I always considered them sketchy. With the powdered leaf there is less problems and easier to taper down. I think that is one overlooked aspect. If someone has will power they can taper down almost painlessly. It can be the last ladder down from addiction. However if someone is opiate naive I would not recommend kratom except for pain. To many people play around and then are surprised that there is a withdrawal. Only for people that know all the rules by now and the fire from the ice.