• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine how does crack effect your audible sounds?

The bellringer from crack isn't as intense as the IV one. Altho they're similar, the IV one when u hit the right dose, it warps u into another dimension.

Sometimes my hearing is like as good as a dogs after a hit lol and other times everything is muffled

I'm an audio engineer by trade and other best way I can describe what I've experienced is as follows, when I take a hit of a big-decent sized rock, hold it in as long as I can (typically upwards of a minute) about 45 seconds in I start noticing a change in my hearing, the high-end frequencies start to roll off (not 100% but enough to notice that my hearing range is mostly only picking up the low to low-mid frequencies of my hearing spectrum. Just for reference, I have excellent hearing, I get that tested every year as my ears are my money makers. That whole high-end frequency roll-off only lasts about a minute to two at most, depending on the quality of the stuff and how long you hold it for. I actually like when it happens, because I know I just got a good hit. Just thought I'd chime in from a technical aspect.

So i know this is not harm reduction but i couldnt think of any where else to put this. so i apologize and feel free to move.

My boy and I have been doing some crack as of late and we were discussing the way it makes audible sounds sound to you right after a hit. we both have yet to get an ear ringer but we are both ex cocaine IV users. I was reading a trip report once about it and the OP described the rush as "an aluminum train crashing through your head" or along those lines. and in my opinion that is the exact sound. well not the train part but it sounds like everyone and everything is wrapped in aluminum foil and its vibrating off things. idk how else to describe it, it all just sounds very aluminum.

my boy has NO idea what im talking about. how would you describe the effect of crack on your audible sounds? does this make any sense? I'm sure people who use or have used crack understand what i'm getting at.

and again, im just curious and had no idea where to put this, so im sorry if this is horribly misplaced. i searched for anything related and having trouble with the new bluelight (and dislike) i just thought i would give this a shot.
I don’t get the ringing but after a hit for me everything gets so loud and pronounced I can hear the fart of a church mouse lol