• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine how does crack effect your audible sounds?

DexysMidnightRuner

Bluelighter
So i know this is not harm reduction but i couldnt think of any where else to put this. so i apologize and feel free to move.

My boy and I have been doing some crack as of late and we were discussing the way it makes audible sounds sound to you right after a hit. we both have yet to get an ear ringer but we are both ex cocaine IV users. I was reading a trip report once about it and the OP described the rush as "an aluminum train crashing through your head" or along those lines. and in my opinion that is the exact sound. well not the train part but it sounds like everyone and everything is wrapped in aluminum foil and its vibrating off things. idk how else to describe it, it all just sounds very aluminum.

my boy has NO idea what im talking about. how would you describe the effect of crack on your audible sounds? does this make any sense? I'm sure people who use or have used crack understand what i'm getting at.

and again, im just curious and had no idea where to put this, so im sorry if this is horribly misplaced. i searched for anything related and having trouble with the new bluelight (and dislike) i just thought i would give this a shot.

its more like a ringing sound than anything. nad yeah that happens when you hold a hit in.

Yeah, I'm not too familiar with crack or cocaine, even, but I'm pretty sure that's what they call a bell-ringer, no?

well its like what everything sounds like riiight before the bell ringer comes. i have yet to get one this time around and i believe thats because i used to shoot coke i think so crack is no where near as intense. so riiight before the bell ringer, like the thresh hold of one, does anything sound like aluminum or like tin? do you get what im getting at?

and of course you hold it in. duhhh. its crack. i did get sort of a bell ringer on my last hit. i was going to write this whole long thing on how to get the best hit, but thats not harm reduction. >.<

basically im just interested in how your audible intake changes when you smoke crack, or does everyone just get bell ringers and no thresh hold tin/aluminum sound. i mean come on there has to be some ex IV users who smoke crack and understand what im talking about?!

Last edited:
i used to shoot coke i think so crack is no where near as intense. so riiight before the bell ringer, like the thresh hold of one, does anything sound like aluminum or like tin? do you get what im getting at?

Crack can be more intense if you get a proper blast off proper rock. Smoking is the fastest ROA and all that.

I've shot coke and smoked crack, never really had threshold sounds with either. I've failed to get a ringer with both, and ive hit the jackpot with both, no real inbetween.

Yo, the longer you hold it in and the more potent the Rock the more youll hear the bell ring
I think it may be because of heart starts rapidly palpitation you can just feel it and you brain kink makes a sound for it i daon know

imo smoking crack never as intense as iv cocaine, not for the rush or audible effects-nothing..
having said that, in my experience both have what i can only describe as an echoish sound to everything...like whatever i hear is bouncing off a wall before i hear it...
much more pronounced with iv coke-to a lesser extent even when smoking a giant boulder...either way sometimes when not using if i hear sounds that are similar(actual echo's) it almost immidietly makes my palms sweat/heart race because it brings on such strong reminders of doing that shit...it's hands down most insane rush but leaves me feeling so used and nasty..big love hate

To be honest OP I think you described it quite well.
I would describe it about the same way, as an aluminum train.
I've gotten plenty of ringers off IV coke but I've only gotten the train from IV crack.
With a good ringer, there's like the hollow ringing kind of effect.
I've achieved that from IV coke, IV or smoked crack.

Where as the "whooshing" of the train & the higher intensity that came with it I've only ever gotten from IV crack.
Did a large shot of cooked back hard & next thing I know it's like I'm standing next to a train feeling & hearing it "whoosh" by.
So I'm not sure if your referring to the ringer or to the train, I consider them to be different.
The ringer for a medium intensity shot or hit.
The train rollin down on you for a high intensity shot imho.

I also agree with above poster though.
That everything gets like a hollow echo type sound quality to it.
I also get excited when I feel that effect coming on or notice it from something else.
Reminds me of the massive rush of IV caine.
As the above poster put it.
Love hate relationship at it's finest. :\

Hope that helps.
That's my perspective on the ringer / train / audible effects of IV Cocaine in it's various forms.

we call it "ear ringers " or the sound of "church bells" after i a nice hit of crack, a ringing in the ears, sometimes a bit uncomfortable and tingling of the scalp. i feel the rush/ringer of shooting coke i can relate to an aluminum based ringing of the head, smoother then crack..

It's called a ringer and it's a real thing. Sometimes it sounds like I'm in an echoey tunnel.

all i hear when i smoke coke is the lighter flick, and my rocks melting and smoking away. on a more serious note, i find stuff louder usually it effects everyone differently, but the bell-ringer is actually a danerous effect that folks don't comprehend, it's due to a very quick redirection of blood blow without detailing the science, a bell-ringer can have you at risk of a stroke.

If I get a really good crack hit or an average cocaine IV well, hit, everything around me sounds kind of like the beginning of the song "lucky" by Radiohead.
Every sound is flanging and "ondulating", if that makes sense

If I get a really good crack hit or an average cocaine IV well, hit, everything around me sounds kind of like the beginning of the song "lucky" by Radiohead.
Every sound is flanging and "ondulating", if that makes sense

FACTSSSSSS. So glad I came across this comment. All different rings “undulating” differently, yet all at once.

all i hear when i smoke coke is the lighter flick, and my rocks melting and smoking away. on a more serious note, i find stuff louder usually it effects everyone differently, but the bell-ringer is actually a danerous effect that folks don't comprehend, it's due to a very quick redirection of blood blow without detailing the science, a bell-ringer can have you at risk of a stroke.
Sometimes it makes things louder and other times muffled. Not sure if it depends on the cole or me that day.

I know that sound! For me it’s like a rushing wind that makes an awesome vibrational experience. My best bellringer I heard sirens and I had David Bowie blasting in the background. I had visuals. It highly lol enhances sexual pleasures.

If you take an audio file on your computer, and an editing program, reduce the quality to a small amount of Hertz and bring it back up. That's the tinny, whooshing sound that pitches everything you heard up in a electronic buzz.

It's from sigma agonism, or at least that is the popular concensus; and IV methyphenidate (Ritalin) does the same thing, but not amphetamine or other MAT releasers (though they have a different ringing at high doses I believe, never heard it myself)

We need a study where someone smokes a fat rock of crack while in a fMRI or similar perfusion imagery. My theory on the "bellringer" is that it involves changes in blood pressure in the auditory canal.

I get the bellringer as people describe it from very high doses stimulants in general, it's a bit like when I get tinnitus. But from IV and crack cocaine I experience like hearing sound in aluminium, just like op describes! I don't know how else to describe it^^ Maybe I'm the op she's talking about, I wrote a thread about it ^^

I know that sound! For me it’s like a rushing wind that makes an awesome vibrational experience. My best bellringer I heard sirens and I had David Bowie blasting in the background. I had visuals. It highly lol enhances sexual pleasures.
Or the tunnel echoey sound. I get that too sometimes.