• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ
  • PD Moderators: Esperighanto | JackARoe |

Phenethylamines How does 2C-B compare to shrooms and MDMA?

11Dylan

Greenlighter
Joined
Aug 12, 2026
Messages
8
I find shrooms at any dose are for once in a blue moon sort of thing, I've read people say they can take them at lower doses and be fine but they're far too intense for me to casually use and it becomes an emotional rollercoaster for me. MDMA is less intense in comparison, but if you use that more frequently than every 3 or so months you run the risk of getting brain damage and tolerance. What is 2C-B like at lower doses (10-15mg), are you more in control of the high? Do you get euphoria? Is it really unpredictable like shrooms?
 
What is 2C-B like at lower doses (10-15mg), are you more in control of the high? Do you get euphoria? Is it really unpredictable like shrooms?
Respectively: Mostly yes; mostly yes; and mostly no.

Strictly speaking, 2C-B is still a drug and a psychedelic. Sometimes people react unexpectedly to drugs. It's always best to start low and take it in a safe/supportive environment. Set and setting do still matter, and it's certainly possible to enter a dysphoric state on 2C-B. It's just much less likely than on mushrooms for most people, especially if dosing in the 10-15 mg range.

I don't do MDMA anymore because it doesn't do much for me (only really has a couple times) and I always feel off-balance even a full week afterwards. For me 2C-B does most of what I would like MDMA to do while being much more benign physically. One of the things I really like about 2C-B is eating while the effects wear off. The taste enhancement is amazing, and unlike with MDMA the appetite is strong.

The after-effects of 2C-B are much better overall, but I do still sometimes feel a bit "drained" around a week or so after. It's much less than I got with MDMA but enough that I prefer to keep my 2C-B use to a few times a year. I actually prefer a few other 2C-drugs over 2C-B most of the time, but they are harder for most people to find.
 
Respectively: Mostly yes; mostly yes; and mostly no.

Strictly speaking, 2C-B is still a drug and a psychedelic. Sometimes people react unexpectedly to drugs. It's always best to start low and take it in a safe/supportive environment. Set and setting do still matter, and it's certainly possible to enter a dysphoric state on 2C-B. It's just much less likely than on mushrooms for most people, especially if dosing in the 10-15 mg range.

I don't do MDMA anymore because it doesn't do much for me (only really has a couple times) and I always feel off-balance even a full week afterwards. For me 2C-B does most of what I would like MDMA to do while being much more benign physically. One of the things I really like about 2C-B is eating while the effects wear off. The taste enhancement is amazing, and unlike with MDMA the appetite is strong.

The after-effects of 2C-B are much better overall, but I do still sometimes feel a bit "drained" around a week or so after. It's much less than I got with MDMA but enough that I prefer to keep my 2C-B use to a few times a year. I actually prefer a few other 2C-drugs over 2C-B most of the time, but they are harder for most people to find.
Thanks for the info!
 
I find shrooms at any dose are for once in a blue moon sort of thing, I've read people say they can take them at lower doses and be fine but they're far too intense for me to casually use and it becomes an emotional rollercoaster for me. MDMA is less intense in comparison, but if you use that more frequently than every 3 or so months you run the risk of getting brain damage and tolerance. What is 2C-B like at lower doses (10-15mg), are you more in control of the high? Do you get euphoria? Is it really unpredictable like shrooms?
Wow, that’s interesting that MDMA is less emotionally intense for you than shrooms. I’m the opposite. Shrooms was really mild for me, and I really enjoyed it. I think I only took like 2 stems and a cap. Maybe that’s not a lot? lol. It was only one time in Vegas but it was dope. MDMA I’ve done at least 100 times I’m sure, but that’s always way more intense for me. As far as 2C-B, I took that a couple of times with a guy I was seeing at the time. He loved it but for me it was like Molly but without any emotional experience. So just a body high but I wasn’t really feeling that. I like the emotional ties lol.
 
Wow, that’s interesting that MDMA is less emotionally intense for you than shrooms. I’m the opposite. Shrooms was really mild for me, and I really enjoyed it. I think I only took like 2 stems and a cap. Maybe that’s not a lot? lol. It was only one time in Vegas but it was dope. MDMA I’ve done at least 100 times I’m sure, but that’s always way more intense for me. As far as 2C-B, I took that a couple of times with a guy I was seeing at the time. He loved it but for me it was like Molly but without any emotional experience. So just a body high but I wasn’t really feeling that. I like the emotional ties lol.
It's bizarre, even when I did around 0.7 grams it was still emotionally intense. Mind you that was APE Revert. There's times when I've just laughed for hours on end, but then there's times I've gone from being happy, then being sad and lying down, then really happy.

MDMA on the other hand just makes me really euphoric for a few hours. Maybe next time I try shrooms I'll just try a really tiny amount like you said.
 
It's bizarre, even when I did around 0.7 grams it was still emotionally intense. Mind you that was APE Revert. There's times when I've just laughed for hours on end, but then there's times I've gone from being happy, then being sad and lying down, then really happy.

MDMA on the other hand just makes me really euphoric for a few hours. Maybe next time I try shrooms I'll just try a really tiny amount like you said.
Acid on the other hand was a different story. I was hallucinating hardcore, like sand monsters slithering across the couch and all kinds of shit. I was completely out my body and in another dimension lol.
 
Closer to low dose shrooms than MDMA in effect. It really doesn't feel like MDMA at all other than their remarkable similarity in that they both enhance your suite or senses (tactile, olfactory, taste, etc.). In fact 2CB seems to enhance it even more than MDMA, although that might just be because its more noticeable without the overwhelming euphoria.

My favorite thing to do on 2CB is to eat food and drink juices. Makes some stuff taste orgasmic. But it does not have any sort of euphoric punch like MDMA.
 
Respectively: Mostly yes; mostly yes; and mostly no.

Strictly speaking, 2C-B is still a drug and a psychedelic. Sometimes people react unexpectedly to drugs. It's always best to start low and take it in a safe/supportive environment. Set and setting do still matter, and it's certainly possible to enter a dysphoric state on 2C-B. It's just much less likely than on mushrooms for most people, especially if dosing in the 10-15 mg range.

I don't do MDMA anymore because it doesn't do much for me (only really has a couple times) and I always feel off-balance even a full week afterwards. For me 2C-B does most of what I would like MDMA to do while being much more benign physically. One of the things I really like about 2C-B is eating while the effects wear off. The taste enhancement is amazing, and unlike with MDMA the appetite is strong.

The after-effects of 2C-B are much better overall, but I do still sometimes feel a bit "drained" around a week or so after. It's much less than I got with MDMA but enough that I prefer to keep my 2C-B use to a few times a year. I actually prefer a few other 2C-drugs over 2C-B most of the time, but they are harder for most people to find.
Most people have said that 2c b has a lot of physical effects , just not emotional or as emotional as mdma. You say no emotional effects on 2cb and more physical effects?

What do you mean by physical effects?

I seem to have felt drained a lot after mdma use. By two or three days afterwards, last time, the joy didn't feel as real as the past day afterwards.

What other 2c class have been best in your experience?
 
I definitely got emotional effects from 2C-I. It's reflective and socially facilitating but the emotional state overall is more normal than on MDMA where everyone is your best friend. Never had 2C-B itself but I always understood it to be pretty similar to 2C-I.

It causes some muscle shaking and tension, like I would have this weird impulse to tense up and move parts of my body. The sensory effects are fantastic otherwise. You only really get visuals if you smoke weed with it.
I took that a couple of times with a guy I was seeing at the time. He loved it but for me it was like Molly but without any emotional experience.
Maybe your opinion of the relevant guy was more realistic on 2C-B than on molly... I can vibe with anyone when I'm rolling, but on 2Cs or other psychs it has to be someone I like.
 
Most people have said that 2c b has a lot of physical effects , just not emotional or as emotional as mdma. You say no emotional effects on 2cb and more physical effects?

What do you mean by physical effects?

I seem to have felt drained a lot after mdma use. By two or three days afterwards, last time, the joy didn't feel as real as the past day afterwards.
I think both drugs are emotionally opening, even though they have major differences. Regarding physical effects I'm mostly talking about side-effects like jaw clench, unwanted stimulation, cardiovascular push, appetite loss, and of course all the after effects. Pretty much all are worse on MDMA IMO.
What other 2c class have been best in your experience?
What is best depends on the person and what they are looking for. My own preferences are for 2C-T-2, 2C-E and 2C-P. I also have a special love for 2C-I. All of these are rather less beginner-friendly than 2C-B though.
I definitely got emotional effects from 2C-I. It's reflective and socially facilitating but the emotional state overall is more normal than on MDMA where everyone is your best friend. Never had 2C-B itself but I always understood it to be pretty similar to 2C-I.
Well it's all relative. I mean 2C-B and 2C-I are definite more similar to each other than to things like MDMA, LSD, or psilocybin. However, they also feel quite different to me. Compared to 2C-I, I find 2C-B to be warmer, more emotional/empathogenic, less mentally pushy, less stimulating, less visual, and a bit less euphoric. I think each is suited to somewhat different circumstances.
Maybe your opinion of the relevant guy was more realistic on 2C-B than on molly... I can vibe with anyone when I'm rolling, but on 2Cs or other psychs it has to be someone I like.
You make an important point. It could be said that MDMA is a lot more gregarious---it's easier to be emotionally open with strangers. With 2C-B those boundaries may remain in place, but in familiar company one can maybe go deeper and maybe more more sincerely than with MDMA.
 
2cb is the gentlest shortest psychedelic ive ever taken. I can eat it with 3 hands all day long.
 
I think both drugs are emotionally opening, even though they have major differences. Regarding physical effects I'm mostly talking about side-effects like jaw clench, unwanted stimulation, cardiovascular push, appetite loss, and of course all the after effects. Pretty much all are worse on MDMA IMO.

What is best depends on the person and what they are looking for. My own preferences are for 2C-T-2, 2C-E and 2C-P. I also have a special love for 2C-I. All of these are rather less beginner-friendly than 2C-B though.

Well it's all relative. I mean 2C-B and 2C-I are definite more similar to each other than to things like MDMA, LSD, or psilocybin. However, they also feel quite different to me. Compared to 2C-I, I find 2C-B to be warmer, more emotional/empathogenic, less mentally pushy, less stimulating, less visual, and a bit less euphoric. I think each is suited to somewhat different circumstances.

You make an important point. It could be said that MDMA is a lot more gregarious---it's easier to be emotionally open with strangers. With 2C-B those boundaries may remain in place, but in familiar company one can maybe go deeper and maybe more more sincerely than with MDMA.

Of course it's dose depending, last time I did mdma it was 100 mgs and although I took it at my night and kept me up, jaw clench, eyes rolling I didn't notice, which really I've gotten on 250 mgs huge time, which I havent done since Nov 2001.


From this description 2c b seems more to my liking, than the other 2cs.
 
Last edited:
Top