Info How do you “ Like “ a post

I think it's kind of a good thing as it encourages interactions beyond a surface level thumbs up. If everyone did that from the start it'd essentially be an upvote system like reddit. Whereas by forcing comments it encourages users to engage and become comfortable on the board as they meet people and realize that this place isn't just a forum it's a real community.

Just my $0.02

I get your point, how it encourages speed-spam posting. But to access reactions, really? That function is that critical?

It's by no means critical, and I guess it sounds silly when put that way. I'm just used to there being the option to react, and by clicking a reaction, you can acknowledge to the person who took the time to write down their thoughts that someone read them, or express solidarity. But I see your rationale and purpose in the arrangement at Bluelight. :)

As others have responded in the meantime, let's continue to get some input. It's not like our stone tablet rules were written in sto...

Well, we can change things if it makes sense. :D

Reactions: CFC
I could see it discouraging new users because they feel left out but I understand why it's restricted. Maybe it could be changed to base it off time?

For example; You can give likes if you're:
  1. Using an account with BLer status
  2. Using an account with GLer status that has been registered for at least three days
Something like that. I know it took me awhile to reach BLer status when I first signed up with this account. I didn't contribute too often because I didn't have much to say, avoided social threads, and wouldn't respond to questions if someone has already answered them.

I guess we could look into changing/lowering the threshold - I rather like your GLer + 3 days idea. I actually thought I'd never reach 50 posts when I first joined BL, and so wasn't inclined to stick around as it was pretty off-putting. It seemed like miles off considering I was only posting occasional detailed posts to the focus forums.

Problem with being able to like stuff if you've only been a greenlighter for 3 days is like @TheLoveBandit says, people could get extra accounts and like there own posts on their bluelighter account, all they'd need to do is open a few alt accounts and wait 3 days

If it's not broke don't fix it and this 50 posts rule works, I didn't even know at what point I went from a GL to a BL, just all of a sudden I was a bluelighter, and then I noticed I could like stuff

I'm like "oh look I'm not a noob anymore, my random chatting and posting and helping others has paid off"

You get what you put in folks, go help people needing advice, or post some interesting threads as I'm addicted to this site now and always up for new reading material lol, and before you know it you can like shit

I feel silly all this time using site, hav net worked out the "react" thing. Or is it just that smiley face in tool bar I only just noticed?

Well I virtually always post using my phone. So I can't speak for other platforms. But with my phone, I just hold down the like button, then it shows up other reactions I can choose from.

As per the title.

As I am now active on the forums (as opposed to simply lurking around as I have been doing for the last few months) I see so many wonderful posts that are deserving of a “Like” but I don’t see the “Like” option/button anywhere.

I did read about the feature on one of the announcement type posts somewhere but if I recall correctly a status upgrade is necessary but the number of posts required for such status upgrade was not specified.

Once you reach 50 posts you will become a "Bluelighter" and should have access to likes and other emotes.

UwuQVPb.png

Look at all the possible emojis.

I think @CFC made the heart?

• Haha
These are the options:

User criteria is 50 posts, system updates usergroup and afforded privileges within 24h of reaching the criteria. Seems someone with the ability granted dalpat077 with an early xmas present.

• Haha
Hey guys, Pls help me.
I can't find the reactions button, pleasa tell me how i can react with a Like on someones post.

I have a screenshot here with what i see on my android tablet.

Hey guys, Pls help me.
I can't find the reactions button, pleasa tell me how i can react with a Like on someones post.

I have a screenshot here with what i see on my android tablet.

It normally switches on when you become a 'Bluelighter' (50 posts). I've turned yours on now since you're clearly not a spambot.

Welcome to Bluelight! :)

It normally switches on when you become a 'Bluelighter' (50 posts). I've turned yours on now since you're clearly not a spambot.

Welcome to Bluelight! :)
Thank you man! You made me so happy! Luv y'all guys :)),

• Heart