• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids how do people sustain their habits these days?

My Kratom arrived today. Trying to stop pod usage totally at moment......

Would rather just stick to my weekly
--Oramorph (500ml/1000mg)
--Diazepam 40mg daily

Plus I have 250 Methacarbamol, Cyclizine, 5htp, ashwagandha, Kava (not much).

I've already had my daily quota of Oramorph (5.30 pm). Want to try the Kratom now!!!! It's 1.5-1.8% Mitragynine (600mg Red Indo capsules).

Plus I have 25mg of diazepam left, for theday.

What would be a sensible starting dose as the percentages are bit higher.

What makes the most sense in terms of what to have when and with what 🤔🤷‍♂️. Should I normally just have the Kratom if I'm not having any Morphine as well.

I'll take 5. Any advise would be appreciated .

Ťhanks in advance
Have you ever taken kratom before? I am kind of familiar with your story ( the 20 or so espresso makers you bought for your pods :LOL:) and I know you have laid off of those for a bit to get your tolerance down.

Is oramorph morphine IR or ER ? Doesn't really matter about the release mechanism but you take it daily right? Just the prescribed dose or do you misuse it?

In other words....even if you have some great kratom ( and 1.5 to 1.8 mitragynine is about the norm) I'm not real sure that you are going to even feel the kratom. You MIGHT feel an extract, but plain leaf just isn't that strong. I mean I had zero tolerance to any opioids when I first tried some and yeah, I got a little buzz but nothing really to write home about. Damn sure didn't feel like my beloved 30 mg blues. In which I would partake of 2 at a time.

So have you ever taken kratom before?

Does not seein nearest future how possible to sustain even smoking.getting harder and harder as the price go up and wages did not move at all.In the past weed was always free.Never spend a dime for it.Now is very expensive habbit.Yea it will get harder

Have you ever taken kratom before? I am kind of familiar with your story ( the 20 or so espresso makers you bought for your pods :LOL:) and I know you have laid off of those for a bit to get your tolerance down.

Is oramorph morphine IR or ER ? Doesn't really matter about the release mechanism but you take it daily right? Just the prescribed dose or do you misuse it?

In other words....even if you have some great kratom ( and 1.5 to 1.8 mitragynine is about the norm) I'm not real sure that you are going to even feel the kratom. You MIGHT feel an extract, but plain leaf just isn't that strong. I mean I had zero tolerance to any opioids when I first tried some and yeah, I got a little buzz but nothing really to write home about. Damn sure didn't feel like my beloved 30 mg blues. In which I would partake of 2 at a time.

Hi yes I'm the espresso maker person lol.....

No I haven't tried Kratom before. I'd had a week *roughly* with no tea. I run out few days ago, had a few days of pod powder (400g in 2½ days), woke up today feeling really really rough, dehydrated, 1st time felt ill frompods. So hoping I can even if possible have no pods.

Thank you

I shot myself in the foot really from the oxys jellified in fizzy drink. For the 1st 35-40 I was having 2 or 3 40mg ones and was lovely, just as my 8pm way of relaxing. Then almost instantly stopped working.

It was a mission getting them and not really financially sustainable. Apart from gear I don't think there's going to be anything that'll properly work and I'm not going down that rabbit hole, only had about an oz in 2005/2006 and can't see that having a happy ending!!!!

Thanks again

I shot myself in the foot really from the oxys jellified in fizzy drink. For the 1st 35-40 I was having 2 or 3 40mg ones and was lovely, just as my 8pm way of relaxing. Then almost instantly stopped working.

It was a mission getting them and not really financially sustainable. Apart from gear I don't think there's going to be anything that'll properly work and I'm not going down that rabbit hole, only had about an oz in 2005/2006 and can't see that having a happy ending!!!!

Ps..... whats the blacks and the blues??? Obviously not a bb king reference 🤷‍♂️
Thanks again

I think oramorph is IR sorry missed that

Wondering why nobody mentions NMDA antagonists when it's about opioid dependence. These are imo the best tools to manage dependency, I failed to withdraw from morphine but with memantine and pregabalin it was in fact easy. Other time, from subutex, I was using O-PCM (deschloroketamine) and had no withdrawal at all. The bad thing is it's hard to find a doc willing to prescribe it, as the only approbation currently is against Alzheimer's disease but there's quite some material on PubMed about the interaction of NMDA and opioid receptors and about utilizing that.

Kratom is good too and doesn't induce so much dependency itself but it will prolong withdrawal, in the good case in trade for less intensity but kratom withdrawal is said to come with big restlessness..

Also really curious about how people manage their habits anyways, given that a share of substance addicted people don't/can't work full time and even then, drugs are too expensive when bought illicitly to sustain a habit with a normal, lower-end income.