• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery How do people cope keeping off heroin?

to Zopiclone and everyone else, this is a friendly place for sharing feelings/recovery so please no more arguing ok? <3

btw MORPHEUS that was an amazing suggestion. Definitely get a dog in your life. It'll be a huge responsibility and source of joy every day even when you feel low, it'll really help you see there's more to living life. It wasn't enough for my ex and that crushes me but it can help. <3

maaaaaad shiiiit that song!!!!!!!!!

I got some scoliosis not much tho, a problem with my verebrae, like two of them are too close so I got to have back muscle to avoid fucking that up and some genetic shit but I forgot it's name.

when I was little I used to have back pain, but nowadays I don't, sometimes I get blocked in a position and it hurts but rarely. maybe it's from all the tramadol, but I doubt it, it's not a great painkiller

LOL INDIANA BORKS and he replaced the thing w/ a 20 oz mountain dew omg so hilarious

don't even look at dog NAZIHEADEXPLOSION

WHAT GABE DIED

the fact that dogs die before we do is a sign THIS IS HELL NOT HEAVEN.

Oh my god so sad. RIP Gabe

I wish sad things wouldn't ruin my mood so terribly like this is what depression feels like :( I'm going to eat my feels now.

you guys are Nuts, but a hell of a lot of fun :)
Would have been blast to party with you all back in the day

Thank you for so very Much!! I am on the opiate hamster wheel and want off, but do not want to do the Hard work of feeling like shit for so Loooooooooooong!!! I will look in to the first two comfort drugs you mentioned, not sure I will go down the Benzo path?? Looks like another addiction waiting to happen?? WTF EVERYTHING is an addiction path to me if it makes me feel better!!
Why the Fuck I can not be normal?? But at almost 60 that boat has sailed a long time ago!!
All is Well - ICE
the benzos aren't rly that much necessary but if you have access to em it would help allot, also you could look into clonidine that has been proven to be an effective conform med for wds. Anyways, I think the main aid for wd is loperamide, just don't over do it. I have successfully beaten the acute wds with loperamide only but if u have access to gabapetin or Lyrica(pregabalin) it could even be better. Just some info ive gathered through my path of addiction, hope it helps u at least a bit. There's no reason to suffer so. much during wds if u know about these meds ?

I think that people somehow get dependent on the rush which comes with the life of addiction. I couldn't do it myself because of various problems such as money or location but a high adrenaline activity could tick some boxes. Maybe amateur rally, learning active motorcycle riding courses, cliff climbing.
Things like competitive long range air rifle shooting which demands a lot of concentration because of many variables that effect your shot could take your mind off the gear. Another thing is bow and arrow which also demands good concentration and use of different muscle groups could keep your mind and body busy.
These are just ideas but not everybody likes working out or have the physical fitness to do so.
I don't think the rush is the Main thing that gets people hooked. It's how opiates numb all sorts of pain that ppl get used to
Wether it be physical, mental, emotion pain, herojn morphine oxy hydro they all do a pretty God job at masking those types of pain. The rush is just an extra bonus to the painkilling effects.

the benzos aren't rly that much necessary but if you have access to em it would help allot, also you could look into clonidine that has been proven to be an effective conform med for wds. Anyways, I think the main aid for wd is loperamide, just don't over do it. I have successfully beaten the acute wds with loperamide only but if u have access to gabapetin or Lyrica(pregabalin) it could even be better. Just some info ive gathered through my path of addiction, hope it helps u at least a bit. There's no reason to suffer so. much during wds if u know about these meds ?
Thank you! I have picked up some Gabapentin 300mgs, will ask for Clondine from family Dr. and maybe some Zannx.
I hate withdrawals , ( as we all do, No shit - Right) But have started a taper down to 25mgs today , will do a week then drop to 20,15,10,05 and off . I am in no rush as you see , but if the drops go well I will keep trying till I feel like shit and with the comfort drugs may be manageable?

Thank you! I have picked up some Gabapentin 300mgs, will ask for Clondine from family Dr. and maybe some Zannx.
I hate withdrawals , ( as we all do, No shit - Right) But have started a taper down to 25mgs today , will do a week then drop to 20,15,10,05 and off . I am in no rush as you see , but if the drops go well I will keep trying till I feel like shit and with the comfort drugs may be manageable?
Don't forget the immodium(loperamide) it's fairly cheap, otc and it's the best aid imo.

you guys are Nuts, but a hell of a lot of fun :)
Would have been blast to party with you all back in the day

I am inviting all of you guys to Romania, my grandfather has a veeery nice vineyard up on a hill, it's an oldschool little house although recently it has electricity too, but the whole place is lovely, amazing scapes of nature. it's up in a forest on some hills, if you guys want to travel to a nice cheap place just hit me up!

I'm gonna have to go over old ground for a moment so you people may understand my addiction history here. I've been on heroin since September 2001 with very small breaks so yeah it has been a really long time I've taken heroin (UK #3) into my system. It has always been the PAWS that has pushed me back into it & now I look upon the actual withdrawl where you feel ill as a kinda holiday compared to what I know is coming to me such as self-harm, suicidal thoughts, the UNABILITY to even change my clothes after a week & I smell like a dead rat etc.

This Wednesday I really want just one last smoke & then it is it for me BUT I have no idea how to cope & ride the worst out, heroin is my only stable thing in my life when I have it. All the people I know are full blown addicts, I live the "addict life" & tbh I am kinda worried what the hell I am gonna do with myself.

Anyone have any idea or advice?
Find something that replaces the high u got from H .

I've never been addicted to it so I'm not gonna give any advice. I know that for me the itch to do meth is always present.

Best I can do to go a few hours not thinking about it constantly.

No matter how long u go clean. You always remain an addict. You won't even feel bad from not using..but will still think about it like you are

Drugs are evil. The devil's first hand creation. You may think ur ok and they won't take control.

Just takes time. It's why you never introduce anyone to your addiction. Even if it makes u look bad in ur circle.

I know plenty who died because of Boi. I'll never know what you all go thru

With meth it's 4 days of fatigue. But not terrible sickness like I've seen you guys go thru.

Good luck

@Captain.Heroin @morpheuspapaverus @nznity

I said before how one time I was going through such bad PAWS I actually planned to do myself in (NO JOKE) I did a note etc & was ready to do it this time, all I wanted as a final thing was to see Gabe one last time, for some reason there was a new upload of his borks & it made me laugh so much I cried, it lifted my mood & I am still here today, I actually owe my life to a dog that barks (borks) to music. People on here think Gabe is dumb etc but he has millions of fans the world over, the day he died & DeathTrips posted it on the FB page people cried, I wasone of them. As it said in the video Captain.Heroin posted Gabe touched the life of millions of people the Globe over. For a rescue dog from Canada who is a cross-breed & taken from a rescue shelter he did well & even made the TV in Japan.

"There's a sorrow and pain in everyone's life, but every now and then there's a Gabe's bork of light that melts the loneliness in your heart and brings comfort like hot soup and a soft bed.”
“All the energy of their frustration and fear going into their laughter.”

All Gabe wanted was a pound of pure dogfood.
100% fitting for me today sadly....I love you & miss you so badly Gabe.