• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How did you decide on your screen name, and what does it mean if obscure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine comes from descartes' philosophical concept of duality (Cartesian dualism).. It is not a theory I believe is correct, but it is the first philosophical concept that really 'woke me up' to the unexplained nature of consciousness/reality/etc.

"A philosophy that emphasizes the uniqueness and isolation of the individual experience in a hostile or indifferent universe, regards human existence as unexplainable, and stresses freedom of choice and responsibility for the consequences of one's acts."

this guy from a video game I played a long time ago

NSFW:
02.jpg

he likes kitties, and disobeying orders, but his unit was badass

tumblr_m5zgb0GUfm1rtv2ulo1_500.jpg

although this guy had the coolest armor imo

NSFW:
20120816075624!Yukimura-kessen.jpg

but he wasn't nearly as cool of a person

i like to get spun....and i'm a chick. not much to it. nothing crazy deep or philosophical.

Nothing too interesting. But my current Avatar reminds me of my late mother and the blissful paradise-like life we had together in my early childhood. So I expected it continue like that. But she was a true angel. Nothing like me, who's capable of various...well, I don't even need to go into it.

But she was like a combination between Marilyn Monroe, Britt Ekland, and Lindas Evans (in consciousness). And then there's me. Although in my first years I was like a mini-version of her - blank mind and all heart.

Last edited:
well im in a dry house right now, don't know if you have these in America, am in the uk, is a substance free house for people in recovery programs, Am 2 weeks clean off methadone, I switched to opiates couple of years ago as found was only thing that ever brought an end to 20 year weed obsession. That was the best thing that came out of it... and here I now am, washed up in a dry house, sitting on my bed drinking blue lotus, dryaddict by name not by nature!

Seemed like a good name for the forums at the time.
It was the first name to come off the top of my head.

I love a lot of the nicknames on here. I actually was showing a friend of mine what bluelight was the other day. He's not into drugs just curious what the site was about. One of the things I told him was to be on the lookout for funny nicknames.

I don't use...so it gotta be sober kicking it

Good luck man and you to dry addict!

Last edited:
Mine is an old nickname, from when I was like 14-16 years old. Though I made this account recently and it had been probably close to (if not over) 10 years since it had been used, aside from very rarely. Mainly it was used by the friends who I started smoking weed with on a regular basis. Still friends but I don't see them much and the nickname was replaced by a few others over the years.

The reason I chose it was ambiguity and nostalgia. It is pretty generic sounding and like I said it hasn't been used for me in over a decade. It also reminds of first getting into drugs, particularly marijuana (the gateway drug, haha) and psychedelics.

Theres this nightclub in one of Melbourne's (Australia) inner suburbs called "Revolver" which is open from Saturday till 5am Monday morning, playing house/techno tunes. Needless to say, people end up there on all kinds of drugs for upwards of 48 hours (myself included). That place is a one of a kind, and the people you meet there and things that seem to happen were unimaginable to me prior to going to that place.

Also, I find that with partying (and consequent drug use) its just a circle that you keep going in, of getting fucked up all weekend, recovering during the week, and then beginning that whole process all over again. It's a revolving/repeating lifestyle. Hence revolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.